Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

About to buy a cts-v tomorrow-- help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ive been debating on getting one as my DD for years now.. but im sick of putting money in fixing the tahoe and im about to pull the trigger
Old 08-28-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TAHOEman
thats what I was thinking, that it looked a little lower in the front.. and the rear looked a little higher than most. which does kind of scare me when buying a used car, i know it has exhaust too and its from an AUDI dealership and they obvioulsy dont know a lot about these cars.. so im wondering if it was beaten up
this fact alone shouldn't scare you with our cars, it is a known deal with the self leveling shocks, that they will pump the car back to stock height unless you do something to "confuse" the shocks. most lowering kits never addressed this, so forum members have come up with several solutions over the years.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

I think it is definitely over priced. I got mine for $23k and 40k miles over a year ago without doing a lot of research on the prices. I didnt even get a warranty (even though the salesman said it had one). I think I over paid by $4k-$5k easily. Either way, I love the car.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

I agree, I think it is over priced. The ash tray door looks broken too. Car has some upgrades: Slotted/drilled rotors, darkend fogs, acessory wheels and a wing.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by den_99_GTX
I agree, I think it is over priced. The ash tray door looks broken too. Car has some upgrades: Slotted/drilled rotors, darkend fogs, acessory wheels and a wing.
slotted drilled rotors??? whats the benefit of that and how do you know?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

slotted drilled rotors??? whats the benefit of that and how do you know?
the brake rotor has holes drilled into it, and the are slots machined into the surface (Slotted and Drilled). benefit is that it will stop better. that V has had some work do to it, and it looks very clean.

and the ash tray looks like it was puched in a little too hard. i think it is a bit over priced because it is at an Audi dealer. i am still with if you do get it for under 23, walk. there are plenty of 05s out there. 05 has the most Vs produced (3,508) for any model year.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Teching In

I took it to my buddy at a chevy dealer, he did a GM search on it.. it has had radiator replaced, engine mounts, radio, and rear differential in 2008 replaced.

The one thing that bothers me is that the previous owner put that fake wood grain crap all over the radio and the dealer took it all off and there are still some residue left behind, and of course when i asked the salesman he lied to me, until i proved him wrong with pics, and they forgot to take it off the rear cup holders.

They want to give me 11,000 for my tahoe and 23.5 plus tax tags and title.

i was trying to get them to throw in a free set of tires, they are pretty bad.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I took it to my buddy at a chevy dealer, he did a GM search on it.. it has had radiator replaced, engine mounts, radio, and rear differential in 2008 replaced.

The one thing that bothers me is that the previous owner put that fake wood grain crap all over the radio and the dealer took it all off and there are still some residue left behind, and of course when i asked the salesman he lied to me, until i proved him wrong with pics, and they forgot to take it off the rear cup holders.

They want to give me 11,000 for my tahoe and 23.5 plus tax tags and title.

i was trying to get them to throw in a free set of tires, they are pretty bad.
the rear diff upgrade is very important. since it was 08 when it happened, chances are it is a gen 4.

23,5 is till a bit high in my opinion. but its not my money, if you feel like you are getting the best price and want that car, go for it. you def wont regret buying a V, they are a blast to drive.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

That price seems high.

Offer em 20. Walk away if they say no. They will call you back.

I waited for 8 months to get my V2, looked all over and finally landed one.

Ebay is a great indicator on the market value.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

I paid 20,500 for my 04 with 28K miles a few months ago. Also had 3 prev owners. First owner only drove it 4200 miles in 2 yrs. Most people buying these new were not buying them as a DD so low mileage cars are pretty common. My car was pretty much immaculate though other than some rock chips in the brick shaped front fascia. Interior was like new and still smelled as such. All owners were 40+ yrs of age as well. I looked for 3 months last year then gave up. I started looking again in Feb and found mine the same day. Sold my 03 Cobra in 4 days and used that cash to buy the V.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

The damaged ash tray would raise some red flags for me. Isn't that a popular place to mount gauges for the bottle or F/I.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goats
The damaged ash tray would raise some red flags for me. Isn't that a popular place to mount gauges for the bottle or F/I.
Good point.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Teching In

really? never thought of that. they arent budging on the price and as of right now looks like ill keep the tahoe until something else pops up.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here is mine lol.
Attached Thumbnails About to buy a cts-v tomorrow-- help needed-kit-2.jpg  
Old 09-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Banned

really? never thought of that. they arent budging on the price and as of right now looks like ill keep the tahoe until something else pops up.
Good idea man.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Slotted and drilled rotors are an upgrade that i wouldn't do until I was done tweaking some HP out of the LS6. Gotta go before you need worry about stopping. I bet that car was modded out and stripped by the one of the owners and the other owner/owners figured it out after driving it for awhile. The fuel rail cover even looks a little too new if you know what I mean.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Smile

haven't read all the posts...what year is the Tahoo??

my bad!! i see 2004..i would trust e-bay b/4 a stealship. especially someone local so u can do a test drive.. JMO good luck.

Last edited by GREG O.; 09-02-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Quick Reply: About to buy a cts-v tomorrow-- help needed