Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

UUC bushing review

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UUC bushing review

I installed my UUC bushing this weekend, and boy oh boy does my diff whine now!!

With the stock bushing my diff didnt whine at all! It was quiet as a mouse. Now it sounds like an Indy car going through gears. lol

Car feels more solid than ever though. It does the job, but with a comprimise of diff whine. Oh well. Cant have it all I guess.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

important thing is it feel solid.

just crank up to radio a bit when it starts
Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Which is why I have not installed mine until I need to...until then it's collecting dust.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
I installed my UUC bushing this weekend, and boy oh boy does my diff whine now!!
Back that bushing up with a set of Spectre's Delrin cradle bushings and you'll really get a serenade! It'll remind you of movies about the London blitz of WWII. Don't ask me how I know!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the new bushing a different height or something, to change the geometry, or the DS to pinion relationship? I'm not familiar with what it looks like, so may be thinking more like how the transmission sits with its bushing.

Strange you can hear it now...Only other thing I can think is the dynamics between rubber and polyurethane, as far as transmitting the noise. Good to hear it solidifies the feel, although really don't want to start hearing a whine, argh. Right now, it's the quietest rear I've ever had in a car
Old 08-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be more inclined to believe that it is your drive shaft that is making your whine.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

It was a rather easy install. Took about 45 min with my home made bushing extractor. lol.

I also noticed a good reduction in wheelhop with this bushing. But then again, my bushing had been torn for I dont know how long. Im not going to complain about the added noise only because the new UUC bushing does exactly what I ask of it when I put the pedal to the floor. It keeps everything solid.

I bought some dynamat, and I will install it this weekend. I know it wont totally kill the added noise, but Im hoping to reduce some of it.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Rhett, do you have cradle bushings installed too? Wonder if the material used in the Creative Steel bushing transmits less vibration noise? Is the UUC more of a firm polyurethane than a high durometer rubber?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
Rhett, do you have cradle bushings installed too? Wonder if the material used in the Creative Steel bushing transmits less vibration noise? Is the UUC more of a firm polyurethane than a high durometer rubber?
Yes, I have them as well, but my diff didn't whine at all with the cradle bushings installed. Until now. lol.

I almost feel like buying a brand new stock bushing, and filling it with poly and see what happens. Hmmm.

Yes, the UUC is VERY hard poly. It feels almost like hard plastic. I will tell you though, if you are laying down serious power, the UUC bushing is the one to have.