Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Serious oil burning issue....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@PremierAutosports
It could also be as simple as routing the vac lines wrong off the intake maniold. Just double check those and the valley cover. It just started right after the cam and intake work correct?
sorry for answering all these separtely lol, but when me and my friend were looking at the vac lines, they seem to be backward, not the normal way, so we are going to correct that as well.....
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow........think we found the issue, i have no idea how this could cause it to be this bad...

So me and my friend ran a leak down test and a compression check to make sure everything is sound in the block, everything came back looking great....

when we were pulling off the spark plug wires, we noticed one had a burn hole in it, and the wire was exposed, we figured this is part of the issue that was making it difficult to get my idle down right, so we warrantied that out, and put in a new one.

We put everything back together at this point as I had to go to work the next day and needed my car, so we put it all together topped off the oil, and I drove it around for about a week, keeping an eye on the oil....

It stopped being burnt completely, no leaks, oil isn't being burnt up at all...so i guess with that spark plug wire being bad, the cylinder wasn't combusting properly and allowing oil to seep through because of that. I know thats a pretty far stretch, but that is literally the only thing we changed on there...2 weeks later still no burning at all

Quick Reply: Serious oil burning issue....