Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Finally had enough of the Bose subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NatedogV
What's the foam baffle do? is it an attempt to make a small enclosure for it? I would assume an appropriate free-air sub would sound pretty good on our rear deck... probably not as strong as in a sealed box, but its gotta bump louder than stock right?
The foam can never stand up to the pressure of being an enclosure. You have to cut a hole in it for pressure relief and wiring. That said, it did increase upper bass frequency response. I had the Kappa perfect 10" with no baffle in the past and the frequency response was waaay too low. I ditched that sub cuz it hangs too low and the motor assembly makes it hard to drop it in from the top of the rear deck, glass is in the way (sub is just too big). But for $15, the foam helps keep the elements out and adds some response as well. I also used the baffles in the doors as well, bigger difference there soundwise. Considering the door speakers are cut off below 100Hz, the baffles arent sacrificing that and enhancing the midbass frequencies.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the slims sound nice, but they dont even come close to the output of normal or comp subs. i ran a slim sub in my truck for about 2 years, and after i blew 3 of them up i upgraded to the P3 10".

Quick Reply: Finally had enough of the Bose subwoofer