Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Which V would you get if you were me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010 | 06:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm not sure I would pass up a wrecked 07 V FG2 car with nice mods for a good price. If you can get it even cheaper I would go for it. Remember, it has warranty! If you're not concerned about how the wreck affects resale value and plan to keep it a long time..then who cares! Certainly check on the quality of the repair work first.
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:43 AM
Teching In

Out of the two, I would pick the 07 with CPO as it is likely you'll find a bunch of stuff you'll want fixed. However, I'd caution against buying any salvage car in a place that snows a lot because a shoddy repair job can leave you with a lot of rust damage in a few years.
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

What would be a reasonable price to offer the dealer? 22k?
I'm really hesitant about it since it was in an accident. I wonder if they can look up the repair. I'm guessing it wasn't too bad since the owner kept it for 3 years after the accident.
Old 10-07-2010 | 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

Is there an easy way to tell an FG2 car from a regular V?
Old 10-07-2010 | 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killer
Get the dealer to get you a build sheet on the car.
That how I found out that I have the FG2 Shock.
Old 10-07-2010 | 10:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stone17
Get the dealer to get you a build sheet on the car.
That how I found out that I have the FG2 Shock.
yeah i was hoping there was an easier way, since i'm looking online for these. I would say the door sticker might have the options listed like my ws6, but I dont know how caddy is.
Old 10-07-2010 | 10:28 AM
Launching!

yeah i was hoping there was an easier way, since i'm looking online for these. I would say the door sticker might have the options listed like my ws6, but I dont know how caddy is.
you can look at the shocks themselves. the shocks will have a yellow sticker with a purple line around the yellow sticker. If the purple line is dashed...FG2, if the purple line is solid...FE4. That only tells you what is currently installed not what it was originally built with. Mine has FG2, I went to the local GM dealer, gave them my VIN and had them run a history and build sheet. Gave all the warranty work performed at the dealer. Any dealer can run both the build list and history on any car. That is how I found out mine has FG2 shocks now but was originally built with FE4.
Old 10-07-2010 | 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

First one. Warranty
Old 10-07-2010 | 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

correction. both were wrecked...pass...
Old 10-07-2010 | 02:05 PM
Teching In

as Triguy already stated u need inspect each specific car for for the FG2 shocks. FG2's i believe were a dealer installed option that were sent with the vehicle from the factory and installed by dealer. an original window sticker might state an FG2 shock option but you need to verify yourself if they were in fact placed on the car.
in terms of a damaged car its a flip of the coin. a good percentage of vehicles on used car lots have been in accidents wether they were minor or extensive. when i sold my V i replaced it with an 07 tahoe for my wife(and growing family). carfax states it was in an accident but they did a good job fixing it and i am satisfied. it also gave something to throw at the used car salesman to get a good price and i feel i did.

definitely inspect the accessory wheels on that 07 V as well. they come with a clear coat and when that gets f'ed up they look like crap.
Old 10-07-2010 | 02:38 PM
Launching!

EZ way to check for an original fg2 car is to use the gm comprehensive VIN decoder website: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php (it has been accurate on every one I've checked in the past and was accurate for my own car as well). It will show if it had the fg2 rpo from the factory.
Old 10-08-2010 | 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
EZ way to check for an original fg2 car is to use the gm comprehensive VIN decoder website: http://www.compnine.com/vid.php (it has been accurate on every one I've checked in the past and was accurate for my own car as well). It will show if it had the fg2 rpo from the factory.
Thanks for that site! I will be checking all vins of all CTSV's that I find as well as looking closely at the carfax info. I offered 20k for the black on and I havent heard anything back yet. I doubt I will, but thats okay, i'm sure I will find my V sometime soon.

Thanks everyone and if you see or hear of one thats for sale for a good price let me know.
Old 10-08-2010 | 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
There are 2 2007 CTS V 4 DR vehicles (0.223%) matching your exact options list. There are 2 (0.223%) with at least as many options.

thats what it for mine...haha
Old 10-08-2010 | 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
There are 2 2007 CTS V 4 DR vehicles (0.223%) matching your exact options list. There are 2 (0.223%) with at least as many options.

thats what it for mine...haha
damm thats awesome! what the hell makes yours 1 of 2? I would love to just find a silver or black 07 with low miles with the FG2, the same rims that are on the black one in this post, the factory cross drilled rotors and maybe the spoiler to cover the nasty trunk sized 3rd taillight then i'd be happy
Old 10-08-2010 | 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

damm thats awesome! what the hell makes yours 1 of 2? I would love to just find a silver or black 07 with low miles with the FG2, the same rims that are on the black one in this post, the factory cross drilled rotors and maybe the spoiler to cover the nasty trunk sized 3rd taillight then i'd be happy
this list of the options on mine is really long, including the FG2 adn the Accesory Wheels. but i dont have the drilled rotor or spoiler.
Old 10-08-2010 | 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
this list of the options on mine is really long, including the FG2 adn the Accesory Wheels. but i dont have the drilled rotor or spoiler.
now I just need to find the other 1 of your car and I'd be set
Old 10-08-2010 | 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

now I just need to find the other 1 of your car and I'd be set
i would sell you mine, but i love her too much. good luck with your search. i am sure your V is out there.
Old 10-08-2010 | 07:49 PM
Launching!

Yeah don't pay too much attention to the "There are 2 2007 CTS V 4 DR vehicles (0.223%) matching your exact options list" type of messages on that site. That statement is skewed because of the crazy list of options they show and a lot are meaningless/location based.

A true rare one would be something like fg2s, accessory wheels, sunroof delete (very rare), and stealth grey. That might actually be 1 out of very few.