Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Thoughts on TCperformance DIFF GIRDLE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010 | 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

Default Thoughts on TCperformance DIFF GIRDLE

http://tcperformance.info/Shop_Project_2.html

there was a thread a while back about this thing im just wondering if anyone bought one and if they like it or not cuz im thinking about buying one this winter along with some other things, i think im gunna try and get the fasted bolt on V time, but before i do that i need axles a clutch and possibly this diff girdle to keep my car from pooping out the diff
Old 10-15-2010 | 09:08 AM
Launching!

I was going to buy this before I decided to go with the 9". I spoke with the guy several times and it looks and sounds good to me.
Old 10-15-2010 | 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

How much?
Old 10-15-2010 | 04:42 PM
Launching!

that's a bulky piece might be a ground clearnace issue? hopefully functional, anyone running this? price?
Old 10-17-2010 | 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think if you are going to sell a product that supposedly strengthens a known weakness in the car, it should be a requirement to show the part being abused to demonstrate it actually fixes the problem.

Have we actually heard that this is a viable solution?
Old 10-17-2010 | 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by killernoodle
I think if you are going to sell a product that supposedly strengthens a known weakness in the car, it should be a requirement to show the part being abused to demonstrate it actually fixes the problem.

Have we actually heard that this is a viable solution?
One or two burnouts or hard launches doesnt always break a rear. Hard to prove it works really.
Old 10-17-2010 | 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by itsslow98
One or two burnouts or hard launches doesnt always break a rear. Hard to prove it works really.
Yup, the only thing will be time...although my completely stock rear has 50k on it, 12 track passes and daily beatings on the street. The only thing I have never done in this car is a burnout..haha. Stock stuff may last forever, super strong parts can break immediately, anything is possible.

I know a guy who drove on 600rwhp for a long time and then 1000rwhp for another six months in an fbody on the stock 10 bolt. That 10bolt was put into another fbody where it still lives today. After that he twisted the axles in his 12 bolt.

Moral of the story: This hobby is a crap chute

Quick Reply: Thoughts on TCperformance DIFF GIRDLE