Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...
View Poll Results: 07 cts-v or 08 cts???
07 cts-v
85.00%
08 cts
15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could always get the 08/09 and then add a twin turbo kit to it if you feel the need for more speed.

and that isftt really has everything we wish our cars had minus the damn auto. 11" rim out back, v8, tight fitting interior, overly cramped engine bay, and a rear mount tt kit.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak for anybody else here, and I may not be representative of the general population, but I would rather pusn my '09 CTS-V than drive a standard CTS, brand spanking new or not. This shouldn't even be a contest.
FWIW & IMHO only.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Base 09+ CTS looks like a VW from the front, and I don't like they way the rounded out all the edges on the new CTS. The interior is nice, but going to a V6 you'd feel like your driving a chicks car.
The V2 front end is pure sex, but I still prefer the side and rear profile of the V1.
Picking between a V1 and gen 2 base CTS is like choosing between an H1 and an H3, sure the H3 has bluetooth, usb slot and refined interior, but the H1 is a beast and you can mount a 50 cal on the roof.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VmanUSA
Hey the have two 09 Vs in my town of Lafayette, La. at Courtesy Cadillac but they want over 70k for both . I'd buy another Viper before spending that kind of money on a Cadillac. I love and miss my Vipers.

As far as the cars, they are both nice and I bet you can put a supercharger on that 6 cylinder new CTS eventually and have about 450 hp so keep that in mind. If they are not available yet they will be and then you will have luxury and speed for an affordable price, just my 2 cents.

either way, both nice cars bro. Best of luck!
Originally Posted by liqidvenom
you could always get the 08/09 and then add a twin turbo kit to it if you feel the need for more speed.

and that isftt really has everything we wish our cars had minus the damn auto. 11" rim out back, v8, tight fitting interior, overly cramped engine bay, and a rear mount tt kit.
this forum provides a lot of bad influence, haha
Old 10-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Launching!

yup Cole shame on us!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VmanUSA
yup Cole shame on us!
bad influences are awesome...you and that 9 make me want to drop the 7 grand for it right now...i am getting to point of saying "**** it, i am taking out a HELOC"
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Base 09+ CTS looks like a VW from the front, and I don't like they way the rounded out all the edges on the new CTS. The interior is nice, but going to a V6 you'd feel like your driving a chicks car.
The V2 front end is pure sex, but I still prefer the side and rear profile of the V1.
Picking between a V1 and gen 2 base CTS is like choosing between an H1 and an H3, sure the H3 has bluetooth, usb slot and refined interior, but the H1 is a beast and you can mount a 50 cal on the roof.
i see where your going but horrible analogy...the h3 is ugly as **** lol
an H1 would be simply the most badass car you could own
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had an 09 cts4 3.6DI as a rental as my car was getting worked on and the interior was a step up from the V but the seats actually weren't that good. It defenitly felt slow compared to the V but could get up and go. I would think with out the all wheel drive it would have been better. The ride was really nice and "sporty" One thing that surprised me was how noisey (road noise) it was. It actually seemed louder than my V. This could be due to tires.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Let's not get crazy here...The V is a no brainer. My mother on the other hand would choose different.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i went with the 08
low miles, great condition, peace of mind, for a perfect price. Im very happy with my buy...however i know that a v is in my future. Im happy with a LOW car payment for once haha
The luxury of the cadillac is by far my fav. Im 26 and wont be married for a long time so i have plenty of time to add to the list of ex-ls-girlfriends
Already ordered the d3 intake...cmon...i have to mod a LITTLE bit lol
cant say i wont be doing a bit of airbrushing as well
thanks guys for the help

Last edited by TUMBLRws6; 11-01-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

I was in the same position as well. I have ZERO regrets of getting the V, but can't say I wouldn't have said the same if I got the 08.

I actually wish I would have bought a Z06!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Launching!

I was on my way to work today on the I-15 coming up the hill over the I-8 overpass, Lots of cars and trucks have trouble keeping their speed on the hill. Saw a very clean 08 CTS a few cars ahead. As the cars started to slow down I pulled to the inside, rolled into the throttle and pasted them all. The 08 look good in the rear view mirror too.

I think we’re all from the same mold. If you get the 08 you’ll probably be happy with it for a year or so, then you’ll be craving horsepower and you’ll get rid of it.

I went through the same phase after I got tired or rebuilding the motor in my Mustang. I parted it out and bought a Ranger and then a Mountaineer. I still have the Mountaineer, but I since had a STS Camaro (burned to the ground) and now the V.

Even though the V has it’s issues. I love driving the V.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

I would have voted 07 V as well. Any time the choice involves an LS based vehicle, I'm leaning that way.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yitsock
I was in the same position as well. I have ZERO regrets of getting the V, but can't say I wouldn't have said the same if I got the 08.

I actually wish I would have bought a Z06!
If I could fit in any vette comfortably id have traded the V in by now.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After driving a new CTS rental car, i would still have to stick with my V. But it really depends on your priorities, the V is so much mroe fun to drive, and much better connected to the road.

but the new car blows it away on the interior and features (heck the V was a huge upgrade feature wise over my old thunderbird) but the interior quality is way up, like a a few car grades up, it will be a quieter car, and run smoother all around. it is the better choice for non car type people.

it is amazing the little things that they added, the three turn signal blinks when you tap the turn stalk, the high beams flash once when you pull the stalk back, the steering wheel finally goes in and out, the temp controls fall right at your fingertips.

It is hard getting back in my v after sitting in the new car, but for all the downgrades i just have to take off once in my car to know that i made the right choice for me.

i prefer to drive a car that when someone else driving the same car see's me we can wave at each other and know that we each get "it"

Quick Reply: 07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside