Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

TC light, solid engine light and "Reduced Power Mode" on the NAV dsiplay

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well since this thread got brought back to life.... I am now experiencing a P2135

Car sat for a few weeks and battery drained, tickled charge and this problem occurred. Only happens when starting and driving off for the first time after sitting for a few hours, engine being cold etc. clear it using dongle and no problems after clearing. disconnected battery and pulled the TB, MAF and wiring, inspected and cleaned and after sitting over night, no issues. then the day after same thing occurs. Using the dongle i can see that the pedal and throttle is working great before driving off, i try not to rev it to high, dont want to **** the neighbors off at 0530 in the morning, but it appears everything tracks. I have not tried to relearn procedure just yet, everything idles fine until the DTC happens. Grounds look good, check the P/N for the accel position sensor pedal and it looks like im SOL, discontinued. The TB is a Nick Williams 102mm, but running my set up coming up 2 years now and havnt seen this before on this car. Hoping its not the TB, any recommendations?
Old 02-02-2019, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

As stupid as it may sound, make sure the TB harness is fully engaged. I had an intermittent issue on my '05 with this code coming up. It would happen at completely random intervals - would go for months and months without anything, and then I'd get it 2 or 3 times over a couple weeks. I have a conversion harness to run an LS2 TB on my LS6; I pulled the harness off a couple times, made sure the pins were all straight, cleaned them with Deoxit, etc. It would be good for a while, then would happen again at some random (and usually inconvenient : ) time.

The last time it happened, I once again pulled the harness off and checked everything over. Nothing new. Reinstalled the harness, did some other fiddling around and cleaning up around the engine bay. Before I went to close the hood, I checked all the harness connections one more time. The connection to the TB itself looked and felt like it was on all the way, but when I wiggled it, it came loose. What the ...? Turned out I had to give it a significantly firmer push to get the little latch to click into position. I don't think I had ever noticed that before. Since I discovered that, I haven't had the codes pop up again, and it's been quite a while now.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Surging is part of the goofy power limit the tune has from the factory. I removed those values when I had mine tuned. Removed the horrible surging and poor power delivery. Now I have all the power the stock engine can provide, available to me.

As far as an electronic component going bad on a GM? No....never.....that never happens......
Old 08-13-2021, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Anthony Toal
Well since this thread got brought back to life.... I am now experiencing a P2135

Car sat for a few weeks and battery drained, tickled charge and this problem occurred. Only happens when starting and driving off for the first time after sitting for a few hours, engine being cold etc. clear it using dongle and no problems after clearing. disconnected battery and pulled the TB, MAF and wiring, inspected and cleaned and after sitting over night, no issues. then the day after same thing occurs. Using the dongle i can see that the pedal and throttle is working great before driving off, i try not to rev it to high, dont want to **** the neighbors off at 0530 in the morning, but it appears everything tracks. I have not tried to relearn procedure just yet, everything idles fine until the DTC happens. Grounds look good, check the P/N for the accel position sensor pedal and it looks like im SOL, discontinued. The TB is a Nick Williams 102mm, but running my set up coming up 2 years now and havnt seen this before on this car. Hoping its not the TB, any recommendations?
Did you ever figure your issue out or was the car rendered useless and sold for scrap metal? 😅 I'm having reduced engine power problems and other electrical issues (intermittent power locks and windows failure) I'm wondering if aren't also a part of a bigger problem.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 95formulabird
Did you ever figure your issue out or was the car rendered useless and sold for scrap metal? 😅 I'm having reduced engine power problems and other electrical issues (intermittent power locks and windows failure) I'm wondering if aren't also a part of a bigger problem.
yes, if I remember correctly, I had dirt on the shaft un the throttle body.. there was a hole in my air filter from rubbing that allowed large particulates. what was happening was the throttle body was sticking and that what threw the car off, that brief stick had the car seeing throttle position and pedal position differently. but to me, it sounds like you have a grounds issue

Quick Reply: TC light, solid engine light and "Reduced Power Mode" on the NAV dsiplay