Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Weird/annoying Issues????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Weird/annoying Issues????

Long story short, I go to start my car today after sitting for about 3 days and the battery is dead......no big deal I jump it and plan to get a new battery anyway.

So I start the car right up and the Service Security System pops up on the NAV. Not only this but I look at the gauge cluster and all 4 TPMS show ---.

I get out of the car when i get where Im going and go to click lock the doors and the key fob doesn't work at all. Tried the spare and it doesn't work either.

Also, noticed while driving the temp gauge isnt working the mechanical or digital.

Anyone have a damn clue WTF is going on? Car has 56k miles and shouldnt be giving me problems like this. Its about to get driven into a telephone pole and then set on fire. Once it fixed chances are im selling it in the spring after I take it out of storage.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your grounds on the back side of your heads (1 on each side) and the ground on the right side of eng compartment just in front of your battery.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

DIBS on some of your PARTS??? sounsd like something simple. NAV and radio units sometimes have issues after a full power down. My moms old audi i think it was would need a dealer visit to unlock the nav unit after a FULL drained abttery
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why on earth wont this crappy HU keep EQ3 on all stations. Everytime i change stations it goes to some horrid custom setting, which wont let me change it.

this HU is by far the worst hunk of **** i have ever used.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Don't worry. Your TPMS will come back. It takes time to learn. Your temp gauge will also come back after a few drive cycles as well. The security issue might be resolved by pulling the PCM fuse for more than 30 secs, put the fuse back in and push the unlock key until u hear the locks work. If that doesnt work, put the key in the ignition, and hit the unlock button until the locks work. Goodluck.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

For the radio to hold it's EQ settings, you have to save the channel with it in the EQ you want.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ahh... i'll give that a chance. a stupid way to do it but sure.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks guys, ill check it all tomorrow and report back what the finding is. Im gonna wind up storing it till February and then in the spring when i drive it, if im not excited or happy with it then its gonna go up for sale. Should be a good test for me.

Thanks again guys.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

I feel you man. I drove to my sons nannys house, parked, turned off the car and took my son inside. When I got out to my car and turned it on, put it in reverse to back out and my seat started to reverse! I was like wtf???
Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are Utility poles if your going to drive into one you should know what they are!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tityrous
They are Utility poles if your going to drive into one you should know what they are!
All i need to know is if they are solid lol. Sorry forgot your a lineman haha. I cant go that route now anyways since i posted it, ill have to get more creative.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

well if you hit one do not hit one with cans or any equipment those poles are very costly try not to hit a junction pole where there are few set of cross arms they can get expensive also!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will steal her, and park her on the train tracks for you...just pay for the plane ticket and some good local food, and its a deal...but by train tracks, i mean my house
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Long story short, I go to start my car today after sitting for about 3 days and the battery is dead......no big deal I jump it and plan to get a new battery anyway.

So I start the car right up and the Service Security System pops up on the NAV. Not only this but I look at the gauge cluster and all 4 TPMS show ---.

I get out of the car when i get where Im going and go to click lock the doors and the key fob doesn't work at all. Tried the spare and it doesn't work either.

Also, noticed while driving the temp gauge isnt working the mechanical or digital.

Anyone have a damn clue WTF is going on? Car has 56k miles and shouldnt be giving me problems like this. Its about to get driven into a telephone pole and then set on fire. Once it fixed chances are im selling it in the spring after I take it out of storage.
I just noticed that you said you may sell her in the spring!? What's your plans for new car?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I just noticed that you said you may sell her in the spring!? What's your plans for new car?
Undecided, it's one of those things when your car pisses you off, but ive thrown around the idea for a while, it all depends if i miss it a lot come spring.

If I do sell ill buy like an 02-04 silverado(which im saving for now cause i have a boat, jet ski, and hunt) and probably build an LSX fox like ive always wanted to. I know ill never be able to afford an 09 V at 22years old plus eventually buy a house and i know ill never be able to last without having something with some speed.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Undecided, it's one of those things when your car pisses you off, but ive thrown around the idea for a while, it all depends if i miss it a lot come spring.
i here you on that...

when mine started acting retarded, i thought about selling it. but i missed it so much just the 2 ro 3 days it was in the shop. i dont think i will ever sell this car (at least in the next 3 years).

buy my truck...haha
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Been saving for a silverado i love the 5.3s in them things theyll run forever since i cant afford a duramax.

I sat in a C6 a couple months ago and if id have fit i probably wouldnt own the V anymore. I really want a vette but no way will i fit comfortable enough to enjoy it.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Buy my LGT... cheap.. quick. And AWD for all seasons of fun!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, this is a quirky car that's not for the faint at heart...but, if you're willing to put up with her and know how to work her buttons, she'll give you a real nice ride and a big smile on your face...and we wonder why we call cars 'shes', haha
Old 11-08-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
Buy my LGT... cheap.. quick. And AWD for all seasons of fun!
Im an LSX man sorry lol. Started out with an 88 5.0 with a blower and found my way to where its really at. Gonna take a lot to get me out of an LSX.

Unless you wanna give me your car and $10k cash lol

Quick Reply: Weird/annoying Issues????