Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Grand Cherokee SRT-8.... what do u guys think about them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't matter how fast, day to day...I'm in the same boat where I'd get bored really fast with most any automatic, being 98% of the time it's just "driving". I don't mind a stick in traffic and actually prefer it, and same thing offroad. Funny thing is, up until relatively recently, you were stuck with autos on any of the performance models, it seemed like. Then the 6-speed came out In fact, I even sourced all the parts to convert my chevelle to a T-56; shame I'll probably never see that happen though Likewise, a car like my 'velle is so much more fun than most new cars (the sound, the character, etc...not talking stock of course), although with reality being needing to get to work everyday, kids, traffic, wife and all, it makes it hard and impractical (heck, I'd love to commute in an AC Cobra, he he). Nice thing is you can upgrade to today's innovations, like EFI, but something about a carb, raw power and manual everything (other than brakes of course)

Last edited by JNR_Design; 12-01-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea i love shifting but id never get bored with a GTR lol.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
yea i love shifting but id never get bored with a GTR lol.
Eh, there have been more than 1 case of owners dumping the GTR for a true manual sports car like a 911. How often can you use the full speed of the GTR without getting arrested ? I'm happy with my V2 , modded, sleeper, and manual
Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree that the V is very fun to drive. I just don't think I could ever own anything that's not GM and manual. I would feel like a traitor. I think I'll just hang on to the V and look for another ride.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

The TBSS isnt a bad choice and is an LS motor - cheaper to own and operate and better gas mileage than the SRT8.

It can also tow 6800 pounds where as the V and the SRT8 cannot.

plus a lot cheaper to buy one of them than an SRT8...

Quick Reply: Grand Cherokee SRT-8.... what do u guys think about them?