Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

shock replacement

Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shock replacement

I have an 05 V that is lowered on Eibachs. The stance is great, but the ride is sometimes choppy. I guess too much rebound and not enough dampening?? I am only guessing, since I am not an expert on shocks. My question is: would replacing the stock shocks with some good aftermarket shocks help with this issue? If so, what brand and part number is recommended? What has anyone out there replaced their stocks with?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How many miles are on it ?
Old 12-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

56K.
Eventually I was thinking about coilovers, but I will probably never adjust them once I have them at the height I want.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supergeess
56K.
Eventually I was thinking about coilovers, but I will probably never adjust them once I have them at the height I want.
I did buy a car once that already had coilovers on it....'03 Cobra....I was relieved to know the suspension was adjustable seeing that the previous owner had the rear of the car 1.25" lower than the front...Looked like it had pooped it's diaper everywhere you went. But someone like me that NEVER used it for track use, I never had a reason to adjust them after I got it to the ride height that I wanted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shock replacement