Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CD Player Woes....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player Woes....

Looking for some suggestions...

My CD player is stuck...frozen...or what have you...

Last weekend I was loading different CD's in the changer and I think the thing got confused after I inserted disk 3. I think I did something to confuse it, like pressed 'seek to next disk' while it was still loading the disk I just inserted.

Anyways, the player is now stuck on DISC 3. I can not eject, load, or play any CD's. It's not physically jammed or anything like that....just 'frozen' or 'stuck'. I can toggle to XM or FM or whatever...but the CD player just simply is at a standstill. Even worse, I loaded an audio CD in the DVD slot and now it won't eject either. lol

When I turn on the car, the CD player cycles and sounds like its trying to play the CD. Then instead of Disk: 3, it reads Disk: - Track: --:-- and stays there. It beeps at me when I press eject and simply won't respond to any other buttons (unless I switch to XM/FM/etc)

Any ideas? I unhooked the battery temporarily...that didn't help. I don't know what else to try and I will go crazy with no CD player on my 2500 mile trip next week!!!

Worst case, does the iPod kit sound as good or close to the CD player? Because in my opinion XM sounds like **** in comparison (I can't crank it like I can a CD).

Anyone experience this or have any ideas to try??

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

i have the same problem with the DVD player. i was told to use a knife and carfully pry it out. lol
Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CD changer has been "frozen" since I got my V. I hit the eject button, it beeps at me 3 times then just does nothing. I cant even put any discs in it. Also about a 6 months to a year ago my DVD/navigation. Started acting up and giving me an error. I've been meaning to see if someone could let me run there navagation CD so I could check to see if its my CD or the whole unit took a crap on me! These ******* units cost $1000.00 just for a new one! Stupid...
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

My navi starting acting weird on me too. Haven't put a DVD in yet to see if it's just the navi disc (it's an older version) or if the unit is goin bad. But I don't really care, I'm goin aftermarket pretty soon anyway. I'm partial to pioneer head units.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Try holding the "seek right button" and the "button on the right side of the screen two up from the bottom". Hold at the same time for approx 10 sec then release at the same time. When released a message will come up asking if you want to restore to factory settings. Then cancel out of that screen and give it a try playing the inserted disc. My DVD wont eject but it will allow the DVD to play, i figure its worth a shot before you yank it out to replace it.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

How will you get the data about the car if you go aftermarket. I have thought about going aftermarket with mine, but I don't want to sacrifice getting info about the engine oil life and other data.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I am gonna hate losin the convenience of the system info but my "ole busted" 98 dodge pickup don't have any of that stuff so I figure I can live without it. Lol. Sometimes sacrifices must be made. The only thing I am gonna hate losin is the traction control info.

Quick Reply: CD Player Woes....