Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

GForce 9" IRS in car vids

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome Chris and thanks for the cut out vids so I guess that answers that question.

06blackctsv- yes this is what I picked up with the 9" installed and the monster clutch light flywheel from the LS7 heavy steel one with my retune. My car does have heads/cam, headers, pully, FAST 92 and REV 95 throttle body so those may have played a factor in the power gains as well.

Just a few more weeks and we will have the track vids and you may just see a 1.65 60' in a V1 with a low 12 second N/A pass
Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VmanUSA
06blackctsv- yes this is what I picked up with the 9" installed and the monster clutch light flywheel from the LS7 heavy steel one with my retune. My car does have heads/cam, headers, pully, FAST 92 and REV 95 throttle body so those may have played a factor in the power gains as well.

Just a few more weeks and we will have the track vids and you may just see a 1.65 60' in a V1 with a low 12 second N/A pass
Thanks man, yeah Im mostly stock, but I did hear that when you get a lighter flywheel, you transfer more power to the wheels. Cant wait to see the track vids.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Update guys, track day will be Jan 30th, Sunday, at State Capital in Baton Rouge (in case you are near and can come), La. as long as its not raining so more vids to come soon!!

What do you think I am capable of running? I am guessing a 12.0-12.2 with good 1.60-1.70 60 foots.

Please chime in.....
Old 01-20-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

first pass...will be the try and get use to it pass. i am thinking a 1.9 60 and 12.5. once you are use to how it will launch, 1.70 60 and a 12.25.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Launching!

All I'm saying is... if your 60' is 1.6 or 1.7 - I think you'll be putting up twin digits...
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Update guys, track day will be Jan 30th, Sunday, at State Capital in Baton Rouge (in case you are near and can come), La. as long as its not raining so more vids to come soon!!

What do you think I am capable of running? I am guessing a 12.0-12.2 with good 1.60-1.70 60 foots.

Please chime in.....
What time are you getting out there on the 30th?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Launching!

twin digits is what I really want Greddy as a N/A LS6 that would be sweet!

JJSimon-probably around 11:00 a.m. or so.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

twin digits is what I really want Greddy as a N/A LS6 that would be sweet!

JJSimon-probably around 11:00 a.m. or so.
Will you be running on the Invos or drag radials?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whisler151
Will you be running on the Invos or drag radials?
MT street radials 2-drag radials brand new
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Launching!

MT street radials 2-drag radials brand new
I have the cash put together for purchase of the kit now... but I'm eagerly awaiting your vids to cement my decision.

I think you should set up a camera and do 35 hard launches in front of your house and then post it up. You know... for the advancement of the CTS-V culture. (Nothing to do with personally entertaining me.)
Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Greddy, LOL!!!! My wife and neighbors would be pissed if I did that, lol. Its enough that they have to hear my loud a$$ start up on these cold mornings, lol HA.

This is what I am hoping for- a trip to the track with a good day and nice time slips and a nice DRIVE not tow home, lol. The only think I am afraid may break would be the tranny output shaft, not the 9" but you never know until you try right!!

Off topic story for you--

I had a guy just staring me down at a light yesterday and then we started rolling he had me roll down the window and said "What the @%$! is that, lol" I guess the shaved moldings through him because he could not put a Cadi with the sound it was making, lol. I had the cut outs open too....gotta love these cars!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Launching!

This is what I am hoping for- a trip to the track with a good day and nice time slips and a nice DRIVE not tow home, lol. The only think I am afraid may break would be the tranny output shaft, not the 9" but you never know until you try right!!

Off topic story for you--

I had a guy just staring me down at a light yesterday and then we started rolling he had me roll down the window and said "What the @%$! is that, lol" I guess the shaved moldings through him because he could not put a Cadi with the sound it was making, lol. I had the cut outs open too....gotta love these cars!
Had the same tranny output shaft conversation with one of my friends the other night... We'll definitely be in unexplored territory if we can get the 1st gens to start shelling transmission shafts. I wish mine was still under warranty just so I could bring it up if it occurred. The conversation would go:

Me: I have an issue with my CTS-V
Dealer: No, we won't replace your shitty, flawed from the factory, diff.
Me: Yeah - diff's fine... the transmission broke.
Dealer: You need a new clutch?
Me: No, seriously... the output shaft broke. These cars are bulletproof!
Dealer: Sirens sound - heart failure reported.

On your off topic...

I can't recall if I told this story here or not... Picture: Cobalt SS - riced out big time - dark blue in color with recognizeably not catted or muffled exhaust - just loud and nasty sounding...

He rolls from a light with me - I shift normal as I see him, but don't acknowledge his douchbaginess from the roll to 30-35. We're leaving my hometown and it opens to a 65 mph zone... I crack the window and he says something I can't hear over mine or his exhausts then he gives me the thumbs up and a nod. I wave him on... he nods again... I wave him on more enthusiastically as if to say "just go fool, I'll catch up"... then he lets the fart rip out of the tip and leaves me...

I left it in third and nodded as I caught and passed him before hitting fourth and then liftoff.

No punchline to the story... just pure overtaking torque on a little turbo car at max rpm.

NOW....

It's been 8 hours... where are my driveway launch videos ahole?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Teching In

So I am new here and have been doing alot of reading on ALL of the sites and seems like Gforce diff is the way to go, to REALLY fix the problem. Thanks for all the info Vman
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Launching!

lol Greddy, well I think we have a problem "Houston". My oil pressure is all over the place, up and then down to like 7 psi and up to like 30. I changed my sending unit and that did not fix the problem unfortunately. I think my oil pump went out or I spun a bearing so I am going to have it checked out next week. I may not be going to the track on the 30th but stay tuned to my posts and I will let you guys know when I am back and up running again.

The car sounds the same; no weird noises, ticking etc., so what do you guys think is going on and yes it has 6 new quarts of oil as I just recently changed it and did check it again?

I guess the Gforce 9" was too much for my stock LS6 to handle, HA. It may be forged motor time guys...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Launching!

The car sounds the same; no weird noises, ticking etc., so what do you guys think is going on and yes it has 6 new quarts of oil as I just recently changed it and did check it again?

I guess the Gforce 9" was too much for my stock LS6 to handle, HA. It may be forged motor time guys...
That sucks! Well.... I guess I'll have to do the launch videos for the world to see.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Launching!

We think it may be the O ring on the oil pump so we are going to do a mechanical check first and go from there. So far I have it planned to be repaired and ready for the Sept. 30th track day.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

no no no, spun bearing...perfect excuse to build a motor
Old 01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Launching!

lol JJ, ya tell that to my wife, lol. She is sooooo looking at me crossed eyed right now; NOT the time to build a motor, lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Car is fixed, it was the spring in the oil pump that was going out so I will be at the track on Sunday the 30th and will have vids to post later.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have thrown Melling high volume pump in it while you were in there.

Quick Reply: GForce 9" IRS in car vids