Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pacesetter long tube install !!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
Yeah, forgot about having to do that.
Me too- in regards to the need to grind on the dip stick bracket. oops.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
The steering linkage is very easy to disconnect and reconnect. It sounds like the install went fine. I bet if you had to do it again, it would be a LOT faster.
The steering linkage on my car was stuck. It took us about an 1 hour just to get the steering linkage back in.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stone17
The steering linkage on my car was stuck. It took us about an 1 hour just to get the steering linkage back in.
Maybe I was just lucky. Mine took no time to take off and then put back on.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, that. Steering linkage was barely memorable.

Now, the dipstick tube ... THAT was another story, but I was all by my lonesome and I freaked 'cause I thought my wife was going to come home and find out.

As far as four hours with two guys, that's pretty decent in my book.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FRiCK
The steering linkage is the least of my worries, it was 2 bolts and 2 minutes of my time lol
That's what I said before installing my kooks......only to let the wheel spin freely around a few times destroying the clock spring. Which I hear is a $500 fix that I still need to get done
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was at GulfM3 place and he had a lift in his garage. He said the Steering linkage on his car was super easy to do.

The whole install took us about 7 hours and he welded the cats to my corsa exhaust.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Steering linkage was pretty easy, but the dipstick was annoying. Only problems i ran into were the couplers didn't fit until we cut them (just a 2 inch cut to ease the install). And the extensions for the O2 sensors, was told i didn't need them till I proved them wrong and ripped the wire's out of the cam position sensor behind the manifold. They would connect with very little slack but once the car was back on the ground and running the motor flexing pulled out the wires. We don't exactly have "weather" here in Az so the Pacesetters will last just fine, especially since i got them coated.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Now that i have your attention....

I was at a buddies house last night after work and we randomly decided to put my pacesetter long tubes on....

May I caution you not to buy these if you want a smooth, seamless, stress free install!!! These took us 4 hours to install. The manifolds slid out easily from the bottom, and the pacesetter went right back up the same way. You need to disconnect the sterring limkage tho...Honestly, the plugs and wires were worse, which also got replaced. We re-used the OEM gaskets and hardware, everything is fine. There is plenty of clearance around everything. You deffinatley need to use extensions, the shortest ones available will work fine.

Next up is the custom EPS cam, patriot gold duals and a tune.....
If you think that was a PITA, wait until you do your cam swap and spring swap. You will wish you were just installing headers in 4 hours.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thread title fail.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

i installed mine 2 nights ago and everything went just fine i agree with the tread title being a little much.... i ran the car with the front o2s out and accidentally had the back ones in the holes and ran the car for a few short trips and it ran fine but i hear that it can cause some damage... is this true do you guys think that i caused some major damage by doing this..... and on another point.... directly after i put my headers in my slave cylinder went out and i didnt drive the car for more than 30 mins tops in all.... what the hell
Old 01-15-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
Thread title fail.
Just tired of all the brand ***** BS, and everything associated with it. I'm a car guy, have been my whole life. My point was there is absolutley nothing wrong with these headers, potential buyers don't listen to the other stories. They were even 1/2" away from the stock catback, took it down to the local exhaust shop and they welded a ball flanges on for $60. Done deal.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
Thread title fail.
I thought it was funny, just because that's what everyone was already expecting.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HOOKER FTW!!!!!

lol j/k, had to do it. Anyways, glad the install went easy. what kind of sotp gains did you feel? did the have the car retuned after the install?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 AM
TECH Regular

wow, I looked at the thread title and immediately thought is was sarcastic.... then reading all of the first post and new it was. yall are much to serious...
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just tired of all the brand ***** BS, and everything associated with it. I'm a car guy, have been my whole life. My point was there is absolutley nothing wrong with these headers, potential buyers don't listen to the other stories. They were even 1/2" away from the stock catback, took it down to the local exhaust shop and they welded a ball flanges on for $60. Done deal.
I have B&B and got a hell of a deal on them used. They are a nice piece and required no denting of the steering linkage. That said I would have no problem saving $$$ and going with the pacesetters. Hell when they first came out I was waiting on that one nugget who had them and didn't install until like six months later....I ended up finding the deal I got so I moved on.

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I thought it was funny, just because that's what everyone was already expecting.
I guess I am too serious. haha

I don't care who makes them and most of the guys who are calling them crap are just pissed they spent 1k for something they can now get for WAYYY less.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atoler27
how long you think they will hold up for if they are wrapped
Only stainless steel. Wrapping Pacestters will make them rust faster.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Only stainless steel. Wrapping Pacestters will make them rust faster.
Did the owner of Pacesetter's sleep with your wife or something? You've been talking crap about them in every thread you go in, or do you only post in the threads mentioning Pacesetters. This entire thread is about how impressed we are with the headers that cost half as much. I'm assuming you saw the thread title and got all excited to join the bashing?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did the owner of Pacesetter's sleep with your wife or something? You've been talking crap about them in every thread you go in, or do you only post in the threads mentioning Pacesetters. This entire thread is about how impressed we are with the headers that cost half as much. I'm assuming you saw the thread title and got all excited to join the bashing?
In his defense, wrapping mild steel will make them rust faster, everytime they get wet they hold in that moisture.

But I agree if your on a budget OBX and PS are great alternatives. I wanted 1 7/8" which wasnt an option at the time so I spent the money on Kooks and i live in a shitty state for weather so stainless was my best option.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FYI, I have them on my GTO so I know they are cheap headers. And how was that post you quoted crapping on them? Sorry if pointing out the obvious hurts your feelings.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

hahaha this is funny,.... lol i know they are cheap headers... cheap as hell they were only 250 bux... cant be beat imo

Quick Reply: Pacesetter long tube install !!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!