Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2 days. 5 states. 4 new tires. 1 new CTS-V owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Now it's time to hit them tails with a little color to match the rest

Not the first to tell me that. Might do a SLIGHT SLIGHT tinting of the tails. and the 3rd might just get blacked out completely.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Right now my aggrivation level is at its highest...

I paid off his loan to get the car. Talked with them for 2 weeks tog et the process straight... They screwed up or lied cause I paid to have a certified check overnighted to them last monday... And I still have no Title. No title means no registration. Which means NO driving. ARG..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If they check was certified why didn't you take the title with you? If it's being mailed by the bank I wouldn't worry. Just call them.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

it is the bank. and they said if they got it early last week. they would be sending it to me in 2-3days so i should have had it by frday. but they didnt even mail it until today.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

That sucks. I had to wait for the title for mine for almost a month. Out of state banks, his bank holding the check for 9 days then him having to pay the loan when it cleared with another bank, 14 days for the title to clear blah blah... The car sat in my driveway for almost a month. I also had to wait 2 weeks to pick the car up as he would not let the shipping company pick it up until it cleared his personal bank. This is why I like to pay with cash in person and do not like buying vehicles with liens on them. Too much extra BS to deal with.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big reg
That sucks. I had to wait for the title for mine for almost a month. Out of state banks, his bank holding the check for 9 days then him having to pay the loan when it cleared with another bank, 14 days for the title to clear blah blah... The car sat in my driveway for almost a month. I also had to wait 2 weeks to pick the car up as he would not let the shipping company pick it up until it cleared his personal bank. This is why I like to pay with cash in person and do not like buying vehicles with liens on them. Too much extra BS to deal with.
Learned my lesson
Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

damn bro, that thing is caaaleeeen! last night my girl goes, why dont you paint your car black......pissed me off! lol...when i was looking for a V i really wanted a black one...didnt happen.....and i got the tan interior, yuck! lol..dont get me wrong, i love my silver V, but black looks soo good when its well taken care of.

Congratz and welcome to the family!
Old 02-08-2011, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

I was more interested in Thunder Grey. Did NOT like stealth. So it was Black or thunder with black intieror. I will NOT go with a light interior ever again.

THank you all. Now I just need to get her on the road.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great! Same color scheme I'm going for. Glad to see you made it home ok.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's definitely a sharp car. I always liked the CTS-V but they were always out of my price range for the one I wanted. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Excellent purchase and congratulations, I know you have been lurking on here for awhile now and you finally have a V, good for you!

I totally agree with you about getting some of the aesthetic mods out of the way while you still have warranty, then when the warranty is out you can go ape **** with power mods. It keeps things interesting and gives you something to look forward to.

It is always a good idea to really get to know the car (power levels, traction, braking performance, etc.) at stock or close-to-stock power levels, and then as you start to know her like the back of your hand, you can start bumping up the power.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ferny
damn bro, that thing is caaaleeeen! last night my girl goes, why dont you paint your car black......pissed me off! lol...when i was looking for a V i really wanted a black one...didnt happen.....and i got the tan interior, yuck! lol..dont get me wrong, i love my silver V, but black looks soo good when its well taken care of.

Congratz and welcome to the family!
I thought the same about tan, but black exterior with the tan interior(as long as it has some black trim inside like door panels and stuff). It actually looks very good and to me makes the interior feel more luxurious.

I think silver/tan just clash.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A light interior is harder to keep clean but it does look better IMO. The one thing I really hate about my G8 is the all black interior.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Launching!

That's cool that you were able to finally bag a V. It looks great and has good starter mods too.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Launching!

congrats on the purchase man. kinda funny seeing a car i spent some time around end up so far away. glad u made it back safe through the shitty weather.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

yeah... and the trip was kinda boring once we got underway that sunday. Like if i had that weather saturday... well I wouldnt have bought snow tires thats for SURE.

cars been parked in the garage all week, awaiting the title to get mailed from the lender. THey have pissed me off to NO end. Everytime I tell them i need it and follow their directions to get it sooner... It doesnt help. If I make it to tuesday without it, that will be 2 weeks that they have had the check(certified so also the MONEY) and I havent seen a title.

Seller was badass, ive never seen a used car as clean inside and out as this was when I picked it up.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
Seller was badass, ive never seen a used car as clean inside and out as this was when I picked it up.
must have still been clean from the one time I washed it haha
Old 02-10-2011, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

or the gates chevy guys detailed it. Cause it was freaking spotless. EVen the engine bay and the wheel wells. I was astonished.

BTW i doubt it will EVER be that clean again!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been strongly considering powder coating my grille just like that. Looks awesome. Congrats man.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
or the gates chevy guys detailed it. Cause it was freaking spotless. EVen the engine bay and the wheel wells. I was astonished.
I was kidding. I washed it the day the mods were all finished on it and ryan came to pick it up at my buddies who did all the work on it. i'll tell the guys in the wash rack you were pleased. my good friend is the manager.

Quick Reply: 2 days. 5 states. 4 new tires. 1 new CTS-V owner