Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

aesthetic mods...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ferny
some pics i had saved
I want more pictures of the black one....I want to do the exact set-up with my stock wheels. Black with red line. I can't find pictures anywhere of it..
Old 02-09-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

open the picture. Anyone else notice that is a large collection of Raven black Vs?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tweeter81
See answers in BOLD above.
Why the extractor over the cowl hood?

Like did the shop need to mess with it at all? or was it as simple as order it/paint it/install it with no fitment issues at all?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
open the picture. Anyone else notice that is a large collection of Raven black Vs?
yeah I know. Had to be some sort of gathering...
Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Soon i think ill try and do that with the CTS-Vs.... Wonder how many would drive to Maryland for a mega meet... HMMM
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Why the extractor over the cowl hood?

Like did the shop need to mess with it at all? or was it as simple as order it/paint it/install it with no fitment issues at all?
I liked the extractor over the cowl because to me it looked quite a bit more aggressive and was based on the CTS-V World Challenge Racecar that was very awesome a few years ago.

All the cowl hoods out there look nice, but the cowl height (1.5", I believe) was not tall enough and honestly, not enough different from the stock hood in my opinion, especially on black cars where the bodywork accents (vents, bulges, fender flairs, etc.) don't look that pronounced.

I don't know what the shop had to go through to make it look as good as it does, but I would tend to think that it was a medium amount of work (which I somewhat remember the shop owner saying). It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible to get to fit correctly either. For the price, it could easily be argued that it should fit perfect with no tweaking, but it is what it is. I absolutely love it and it (unlike a cowl hood) will actually serve a funtional performance purpose (2 actually):

1) Lowers underhood temperatures (hopefully significantly)
2) Reduces lift on the front end at high speeds, which is essentially the same as installing a huge splitter on the front that increases downforce.

There is my two cents.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

I just see this picture...

And it makes me all... well i LIKE it
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

I don't know what the shop had to go through to make it look as good as it does, but I would tend to think that it was a medium amount of work (which I somewhat remember the shop owner saying). It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't terrible to get to fit correctly either. For the price, it could easily be argued that it should fit perfect with no tweaking, but it is what it is.
See thats what scares me... 1200+shipping for the hood... then 200-300 in paint probably. Then befor ethan I have to paya shop to make sureit fits?

Getting to be a little more than I expected.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

See thats what scares me... 1200+shipping for the hood... then 200-300 in paint probably. Then befor ethan I have to paya shop to make sureit fits?

Getting to be a little more than I expected.
Yeah, basically you would need to budget about $1800-$2000 to get the hood prepped, sanded, painted, installed, and properly fitted. It is a spendy mod...I just got lucky with the hail damage insurance claim.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, basically you would need to budget about $1800-$2000 to get the hood prepped, sanded, painted, installed, and properly fitted. It is a spendy mod...I just got lucky with the hail damage insurance claim.
Yep....When I was in my early 20's I bought a steel cowl hood for a Silverado of mine for $350......I was in for a grand before I had it bolted up on the truck. Lesson learned.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd love that vented hood. It sucks how much it costs though. Ugh...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
I'd love that vented hood. It sucks how much it costs though. Ugh...
Hey, you ain't doin' too bad with your fancy schmancy Ron Davis radiator, now I really want that bad boy...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Yep....When I was in my early 20's I bought a steel cowl hood for a Silverado of mine for $350......I was in for a grand before I had it bolted up on the truck. Lesson learned.
Yep, 2k for a god damn hood is insane when functionality on a powerdome does jack **** unless you need it to clear a blower which i doubt it adds much room.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

nope. for me. Pure looks. More sleek then extractor... But also more agressive
Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

then stock
Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Speaking of your hood......i have secretly implanted ideas of "wide body" in your head in hopes that it grows to an obsession and you find that you MUST sell me your hood to pursue other ventures. Hell, I'll even come pick it up lol
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey, you ain't doin' too bad with your fancy schmancy Ron Davis radiator, now I really want that bad boy...
I'll trade you...
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My two cents, I think the factory spoiler and some larger exhaust tips really make the car look better without straying too far from a "factory" look.

It looks like the car in your signature already has some cosmetic work done, though.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by deedubb
Speaking of your hood......i have secretly implanted ideas of "wide body" in your head in hopes that it grows to an obsession and you find that you MUST sell me your hood to pursue other ventures. Hell, I'll even come pick it up lol
Well, we haven't even met yet in person and you know me too well. The widebody idea is really starting to grow into an obsession, albeit one that may take 2-3 years to complete.

Either way, I gotta watch out for you...you're sneaky, lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aurora40
My two cents, I think the factory spoiler and some larger exhaust tips really make the car look better without straying too far from a "factory" look.

It looks like the car in your signature already has some cosmetic work done, though.
Lowered with PCed wheels/grills and blacked out parking/fog/reverse lights. Gotta tint the brake lights and blackout the 3rd. Then eyelids and washer covers up front. then I MIGHT be in for a hood. Wish i could find one used.....

Quick Reply: aesthetic mods...?