Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

max width tire on the V

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to run a larger tire like that why not go with something aftermarket to give you a better fit like tony did.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rims

I am a chrome man myself, BUT, i have the platinium silver and the stock silver wheels that look great with this V..and it is still a stock rim....If i had a raven black or burgandy,or any other color i probably would go aftermarket.
IMO, SILVER V and SILVER RIMS make a good lookin combo....Where i went wrong was listening to MAPS advice. on the size of rim and tire i used.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GREG O.
I am a chrome man myself, BUT, i have the platinium silver and the stock silver wheels that look great with this V..and it is still a stock rim....If i had a raven black or burgandy,or any other color i probably would go aftermarket.
IMO, SILVER V and SILVER RIMS make a good lookin combo....Where i went wrong was listening to MAPS advice. on the size of rim and tire i used.
im sure you know the GM optional split 7s, i have a set that are powder coated, and i was thinking of having them widened was all... i havent really been impressed with the aftermarket wheels for the V, i do like the TSW nurenburg (sp. i know) wheels... but they only make 5 lug... f 6 lug
Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

many companies can make you a set of custom wheels in any design you like. thus saving you from any fitment issues.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default rims

The stock rims widened to 9-3/4'' has to be the best fitment..just enough room to miss the stablizer bar and with 285's the tires on the outside barely fit inside the wheelwell and that's with the Map trl. arms..One can't do any better than that. When u buy a 10" rim i measure inside to inside not outside to outside...I have spent too much time and $$$ in trying to get 315's under the V..Including all the tires and mounting i have spent 3K...I am happy with stock rims.. i want to look basically stock..NO ugly specter works side skirts or aftrmarket wheels..295's, Eibach springs, and maybe a functional good looking hood, and a pretty quiet exhaust with 650-750rwhp is all i want.
After my all forged 405" is done in 3 weeks i will have it installed with the rear turbo that is in there now...But that setup has to go cause, there is no muffler system and i don't like the popping sound i get when i shift or let off the gas.. So, i will be buying a 92mm /t4/.96 ar probably from Jose'.. This will be needed to make up for the xrtra cubes i have plus i will be able to run less boost and retain good power, and help protect the engine....and like i said b/4...the 18" rim looks great since the V is well lowered and i don't need a taller rim to make any more problems...If i had to do the rim thing all over again, i would use C5hubs with the 5 lug and if the stock grey speedlines didnt match i would have something like the C6Z06 rims painted to match the silver platinum.. Anyway for the OP 9-3/4" is the limit on stock rims..or do a search on C5 hubs and go with Corvette rims or Camaro rims et. etc.....seeyall'big GREG O. btw i did NOT know about the optional split7's
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

The stock rims widened to 9-3/4'' has to be the best fitment..just enough room to miss the stablizer bar and with 285's the tires on the outside barely fit inside the wheelwell and that's with the Map trl. arms..One can't do any better than that. When u buy a 10" rim i measure inside to inside not outside to outside...I have spent too much time and $$$ in trying to get 315's under the V..Including all the tires and mounting i have spent 3K...I am happy with stock rims.. i want to look basically stock..NO ugly specter works side skirts or aftrmarket wheels..295's, Eibach springs, and maybe a functional good looking hood, and a pretty quiet exhaust with 650-750rwhp is all i want.
After my all forged 405" is done in 3 weeks i will have it installed with the rear turbo that is in there now...But that setup has to go cause, there is no muffler system and i don't like the popping sound i get when i shift or let off the gas.. So, i will be buying a 92mm /t4/.96 ar probably from Jose'.. This will be needed to make up for the xrtra cubes i have plus i will be able to run less boost and retain good power, and help protect the engine....and like i said b/4...the 18" rim looks great since the V is well lowered and i don't need a taller rim to make any more problems...If i had to do the rim thing all over again, i would use C5hubs with the 5 lug and if the stock grey speedlines didnt match i would have something like the C6Z06 rims painted to match the silver platinum.. Anyway for the OP 9-3/4" is the limit on stock rims..or do a search on C5 hubs and go with Corvette rims or Camaro rims et. etc.....seeyall'big GREG O. btw i did NOT know about the optional split7's
heres a picture of before when i got the car and then the one before it went to the grave yard

stock like a day after i got it

heres the wheels (still have them)
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile rims

u murderered itlol
Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stock ride height 18x9.5 racing wheels cant remember company but Luke at the caddi dealership can order them. I fit a 295 in the rear but they poked 1/4-3/8 of a inch and the BFG Drags lasted a few weeks... I then went with the BFG NKWs in a 285 and loved them flawless fit no rub and no poke. I would stick with a 285 in the rear. I also ran a 13.01 @113.xxx with the BFG NKWs
pic is with the 295s u can see poke in rear.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ that's on a lower offset than stock looks like +38 or around there, so your wheel sticks out further than stock and with a wider tire it will stick out even more.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

The stock rims widened to 9-3/4'' has to be the best fitment..just enough room to miss the stablizer bar and with 285's the tires on the outside barely fit inside the wheelwell and that's with the Map trl. arms..One can't do any better than that.
Guys are running 10" rims with stock trailing arms with a 5mm spacer, 10" rims fit with map trailing arms.
Check the cts-v parts page.
Den is running 10" with 295's, map trailing arms, lowered 1 1/2", with 8mm spacers.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Guys are running 10" rims with stock trailing arms with a 5mm spacer, 10" rims fit with map trailing arms.
Check the cts-v parts page.
Den is running 10" with 295's, map trailing arms, lowered 1 1/2", with 8mm spacers.
Den's rim is widened to 9.75" with a Goodyear GSD3 275/40/18. I've seen them in person and they look great. I'm pretty sure he's running a 5mm spacer. We meet up a few times a year and I have not seen his car lowered.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

On the parts page it list him as having all the things I listed. But on the caddy forum I just reread, his rims are 9.75" w/8mm spacer, he figures he can run without.
He was the one that suggested I'd be o.k. with my set up running a 5mm spacer.

Quote from Den

I'm running 255/40/18 on Front stock wheels and 295/35/18 on back with widen stock wheels to 9.75 and coilovers about 1.5in lowered. I have the MAP trailing arms, longer studs and an 8mm spacer. My rear wheels do not stick past the fender well at the top. I was being conservative when I did my setup. I think you can go 10in wide rim with a 5mm spacer (non-hub centric) and the MAP trailing arms (not sure if you need longer studs, it will be close). Don't use the anything less than 5mm for a spacer because they will probably crack. The size spacer will depend on which tire you use. The largest spacer you can go is about 14mm before you stick past the fender well with my 9.75mm wheels.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tommycompton
On the parts page it list him as having all the things I listed.
Yeah I think it's a "to do list". Either way I can't wait to see your results as I may follow your foot steps.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

ttt for the newbs.....
Old 05-03-2014, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Capown
stock ride height 18x9.5 racing wheels cant remember company but Luke at the caddi dealership can order them. I fit a 295 in the rear but they poked 1/4-3/8 of a inch and the BFG Drags lasted a few weeks... I then went with the BFG NKWs in a 285 and loved them flawless fit no rub and no poke. I would stick with a 285 in the rear. I also ran a 13.01 @113.xxx with the BFG NKWs
pic is with the 295s u can see poke in rear.

Those are team dynamics 18x9 not 9.5. And yes they are +38 offset.

Nice dog.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:47 AM
Teching In

Default Stockers to 10" ?

old thread here, but my wheels are currently @ weldcraft to go from 8.5 to 10, but I'm almost sure they are going to hit the swaybar.

Do any of the aftermarket bars increase the clearance?

Should I change my order to 9.75 before it's too late?

Pilot Super Sport 285/35's are waiting on the rims.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default 285

on my stock rim I had cut to 10” What a waste. 9.75 is good for a 285. With MAP sway bars.

Last edited by GREG O.; 06-23-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Good to know! I just updated my ticket to go 9.75 instead of 10.

Just wrapped up my CS wide wheel trailing arm install, along with their toe rods, and an LS7 clutch / flywheel / slave swap.

I have the car back on the ground and I can see the stock swaybar is definatley going to hit. even at 9.75

How much room do you have with the MAP bar? (any suggested vendor / sponsor to go through?)

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default MAP trailing arms

Is MAP out of business? If so put an ad on forum and get a set. I ran Eibach springs, but that shouldn’t make a difference
. With the MAP arms which made a big difference I ran 285’s . U might be able to use a spacer. I did not and there was only a 1/8” of clearance. To test your 9.75 rims use 6 flat waders on studs and check fitness.
ps: I sold my car to my brother in law. and I might have 295’s on them. I would need to call him. I also have a pair of stock rims I don’t need in real good condition..good luck.GREG O.

My computer is down and I use my I-phone. So I have limited access.. What city and state do u live in? I might be able to help u more with my 9.75 rims. Did u get them widened yet?
GREG O.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Teching In

GREG O.
I purchased a pair of stock wheels on eBay and had them drop shipped to WeldCraft Wheels.

I received a confirmation that the wheels spun straight / true. They are pretty backed up right now and havent made any moddifications yet.

I cut a block of wood at 1.25" and went under my car. It grazes the bar on the pass side, and bumps it pretty good on the drivers side.

I ignored where the tire might rub since I have 265's squeezed on 8.5 now, and there should be some relief with the wider rim. (New 285/35's awaiting the rims)

Since I just put in new toe rods, my alignment is only 'close' I stuck the rotors on the hub as a visual guide to sight in / line them up with the front before putting the stock wheels back on.

I would be really curious to know how much clearence your MAP bar left you with, or if they are out of business. I believe Hotchkis makes a bar for our cars as well.

I'm located in Minnesota.

Quick Reply: max width tire on the V