Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My take on MM Spacers for the rear

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 2 sets available..but i will let MM get rid of his first since they are his creation.

MM spacers FTW.
Props to the OP for a new design as well
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys, forgot to get pics of the ride lowered. I've been working on another project for FZ6 forum members (an extended clutch lever for easier clutch action) and got caught up in extra work stuff. Plus I'm working through what it would take to get a turboed LS1 in my brother's 240sx instead of spending too much on the caddy.

I'll snap some pics tomorrow morning.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The car isn't too low right now, I'm having rubbing issues with my linea corses on my trailing arms. Also was rubbing a little on my right rear fender that the body shop messed up.

It can easily go lower with a little adjustment, I just have some washers put in as spacers at the moment. It would be about half an inch to an inch lower without them in there. I can also drop it more by using a longer tube section on the finished spacers.

My other idea was to have the pipe threaded inside and have the cap able to screw in and out to adjust the drop.
Attached Thumbnails My take on MM Spacers for the rear-img_20110302_092148.jpg   My take on MM Spacers for the rear-img_20110302_092140.jpg  
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad, could definetly drop a bit in the rear to go even with the top of the tire, and thats even with the car sitting on a incline. With stock trailing arms whats your fix gonna be to the rubbing?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn, that biatch is sexy bro!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Not bad, could definetly drop a bit in the rear to go even with the top of the tire, and thats even with the car sitting on a incline. With stock trailing arms whats your fix gonna be to the rubbing?
I'm going to cut the stock arms and weld them at a different angle (same length of course). I may have to add a gusset the bend.

And yes, I know I need to drop the rear a little more. I can take the washers out and tuck the tire a little, I tried it when I put them together, but the arm was rubbing hardcore.

This is what the rear looked like when I got the wheels/tires installed.
Attached Thumbnails My take on MM Spacers for the rear-download.jpg  
Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 PM

Smile Worked great for me

I can confidently say that the MM spacers are good quality. the bushings, washers and plates are top notch. the install was easy as well and they did everything they were supposed to. been a week and the car level stays the same. id go with these spacers since theyre proven

Quick Reply: My take on MM Spacers for the rear