Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where to buy wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by tony tone
i mean come on guys... yes, $800 is STUPID cheap for a set of wheels especially if you're just thinking of something for track use, but doesn't that tell you something about the quality? how are they going to look?
Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I still think my Rota Torques look pretty damn good. I would have preferred it if my fellow V owners had picked a different Rota design when I was polling for opinions 2+ years ago, as I think one of the 6-spoke designs would've looked better, but such is life. I think I've received 1 negative comment about the wheels from anyone who has seen them on the car in person.

Quality-wise I have nothing to complain about. The finish on the wheels is excellent and has held up very well through winter use and track use with aggressive pad dust. They didn't take much weight at all to balance. They've survived track abuse on my car and are race proven on some top level time attack cars and in the 25hours of Thunderhill.

I certainly don't think Rotas are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I have a hard time justifying spending the money for custom multi-piece wheels that aren't going to do the job any better than what I've got. If I had some reason to suspect the build quality of the Rotas then I would change my tune.

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
i just recently bought some of the Team Dynamics wheels. I had always read that they don't have centercaps, but mine came with some.
Interesting. Looks like yours have a bit of a lip in the center bore that I don't think mine have - I'll have to take a look tonight. Unless the center caps are tall, though, I don't think they'll fit in the rear because of the axle stubs. The TD wheels are pretty thin in the center section there (the wheel doesn't extend out from the rotor face much) so the stubs stick out quite a bit. The stockers and Rotas have a thicker hub section, so even flat center caps will fit over the damn axle stubs.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://discounttires.com/product_det...odID=7166&t=GS

Thanks tony

if you got the bread,go with something good. you get what you pay for.

i got my wheel setup for 750.....everything with tires was around 1200. not bad for 20's....but they suck..lol...i mean they look good for beng a 1 piece but check this out:

i went thru a car wash (one of those that pulls you thru). when i came out, my lips on the side with the belt that pulls you thru were waivy. not like curb rash (kinda hard to explain). anyways, a rim should not get "waivy" just cuz i go thru a car wash.

so like i said, if you got the dough, get somthing good..yea you cant go wrong with a set of rims and tires for 1200.........but.............lol
Attached Thumbnails Where to buy wheels?-my-veee.jpg   Where to buy wheels?-my-v.jpg  

Last edited by ferny; 02-23-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Interesting. Looks like yours have a bit of a lip in the center bore that I don't think mine have - I'll have to take a look tonight. Unless the center caps are tall, though, I don't think they'll fit in the rear because of the axle stubs. The TD wheels are pretty thin in the center section there (the wheel doesn't extend out from the rotor face much) so the stubs stick out quite a bit. The stockers and Rotas have a thicker hub section, so even flat center caps will fit over the damn axle stubs.
That makes sense. They are a lot thinner there. I don't plan to run center caps anyway as they're just for track use, but if I remember to bring one along I'll test it out so others will know.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
i just recently bought some of the Team Dynamics wheels. I had always read that they don't have centercaps, but mine came with some. Obligatory picture...

So you can sell me those when your done with em... Oh boy I LOVE THOSE RIMS
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
Luke at Lindsay sells them...not that much money (i think)
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM

almost 300 a wheel for 18s.

Where did you get them with center caps?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

This is One Option,If you like the look of the stock wheels and yours are the painted ones, This company on Ebay will exchange your wheels plus you add $645 for a set of their chrome wheels. Doesnt look like a bad deal, I think I might go this route

Here The Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...item2eb37cfdf4

Also keep in mind IF your looking for a New Set and Not an Extra Set, You can always sell your wheels to help offset the cost of your new ones.

Last edited by LS1iFiEd; 02-24-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Luke at Lindsay sells them...not that much money (i think)

Where did you get them with center caps?
I bought them from the eBay vendor. That said, I've bought many parts from Luke at Lindsay before and have had nothing but good experiences there.

Originally Posted by LS1iFiEd
Dont take offense to this Guys,But IMHO Black wheels Are SOOOOOO played out nowadays, Everyone and their Mom has Blacked out wheels, Its become way to mainstream. They make our $50k (New) Cars look Dull and Cheap, To me a Nice set of Factory Chrome wheels Look ALOT cleaner, Plus if you sell your car it is still appealing to everyone, From Kids to Old Folks, From Women to Men and From The Average Joe to The Car Enthusiast, But if they are Black Wheels MOST people think its been a Kids car or a Brotha LoL. I know this from Running a Car Dealership, Having Blacked Out Wheels turn ALOT of customers away. As always Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder, So get what you like and can afford, NOT what everyone else has. This is One Option,If you like the look of the stock wheels and yours are the painted ones, This company on Ebay will exchange your wheels plus you add $645 for a set of their chrome wheels. Doesnt look like a bad deal, I think I might go this route

Also keep in mind IF your looking for a New Set and Not an Extra Set, You can always sell your wheels to help offset the cost of your new ones.
I agree that the chrome stockers look really good. I have a set on my parts car (stupid wheel lock is stripped on one of them). I went with black for these though as they'll be covered in brake dust within about five minutes of use anyway (Hawk DTC-70s).
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 AM
TECH Resident

Dont take offense to this Guys,But IMHO Black wheels Are SOOOOOO played out nowadays, Everyone and their Mom has Blacked out wheels, Its become way to mainstream. They make our $50k (New) Cars look Dull and Cheap, To me a Nice set of Factory Chrome wheels Look ALOT cleaner, Plus if you sell your car it is still appealing to everyone, From Kids to Old Folks, From Women to Men and From The Average Joe to The Car Enthusiast, But if they are Black Wheels MOST people think its been a Kids car or a Brotha LoL. I know this from Running a Car Dealership, Having Blacked Out Wheels turn ALOT of customers away. As always Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder, So get what you like and can afford, NOT what everyone else has. This is One Option,If you like the look of the stock wheels and yours are the painted ones, This company on Ebay will exchange your wheels plus you add $645 for a set of their chrome wheels. Doesnt look like a bad deal, I think I might go this route

Well lucky for me I am a "Brotha" so I guess its ok for me to sport my $3200 satin black forged wheels. And most of the "Brothas" I see dont have black wheels. They have massive hideous chrome wheels affectionately known as Dubs I believe.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Agreed! Chrome stockers FTW
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes because I modify my car to appease people and want it to be generally appealing to the old and young.. i get plenty of compliments at gas stations with a stock ride hight and cheap hyperblack wheels.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by JD03Cobra
Agreed! Chrome stockers FTW
Chrome is ugly and evil. Heavy and useless. Chrome SUCKS!!!

LOL But seriously i HATE chrome
Old 02-24-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Looks like yours have a bit of a lip in the center bore that I don't think mine have - I'll have to take a look tonight.
Took a look at my TD wheels and they're the same as what Unsafe has, so the center cap thing is interesting.

I think I paid $250/wheel at Lindsay. I live 10min away, so even with taxes and all factored in it was a bit cheaper to buy them there than to get them from the vendor on Ebay that always has a couple sets listed.

Dont [sic] take offense to this Guys,But IMHO Black wheels Are SOOOOOO played out nowadays, Everyone and their Mom has Blacked out wheels, Its [sic] become way to [sic] mainstream. They make our $50k (New) Cars look Dull and Cheap, To me a Nice set of Factory Chrome wheels Look ALOT cleaner, Plus if you sell your car it is still appealing to everyone, From Kids to Old Folks, From Women to Men and From The Average Joe to The Car Enthusiast, But if they are Black Wheels MOST people think its been a Kids [sic] car or a Brotha LoL. I know this from Running a Car Dealership, Having Blacked Out Wheels turn ALOT of customers away. As always Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder, So get what you like and can afford, NOT what everyone else has. This is One Option,If you like the look of the stock wheels and yours are the painted ones, This company on Ebay will exchange your wheels plus you add $645 for a set of their chrome wheels. Doesnt [sic] look like a bad deal, I think I might go this route
Your SHIFT key seems to be broken. I assume when you were Running a Car Dealership you had a good administrative staff that typed stuff up for you?

I have yet to see a V with black wheels (aka "Blacked Out Wheels") that looked "Dull and Cheap", but like you said, "Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder." I myself have black track wheels for the same reason Unsafe does - they're going to be covered in brake dust, anyway.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM

Well if you ever wanna sell your TDs and I can find center caps for em.. Let me know. Trade for stockers painted black and some cash?

God I am a wheel *****!

My old old car with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1s. God they looked good.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

commn kid.. hes gonna trade his track 18x9 for wheels he already has on his parts car lol.. TD wheels rarely get sold tho, i cant remember the last time i saw any used sets available.. interested to see the center caps on the rear as well those stubs stick out substantialy
Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 AM

I know that on the sentra the dust caps had to come off in the rear or front but noth both to fit.

I know its a shot inthe dark. Maybe he parts out. Id ont know. LOVE THOSE WHEELS
Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup look good on any color.. LC855 edge out the TD to me cause they are basically the same price..w/ the TD will deff be lighter and from a track proven manf.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Big Reg, Please dont take any offense to the "Brotha" comment, it was simply a statement, Not said by me and not directed toward anyone.

AAIIIC, My SHIFT key isnt broken, it was late and thats how I was typing, didn't know this was a grammar related site last time I checked it was for car enthusiast. I still do run the Dealership and I happen to write ALL of the ads and description on our cars and in the last 10 Years of doing this, I have never ever had anyone correct me on how I type.

Ive been on this site for the last 8 or 9 years and the CTS-V crowd has to be the touchiest group on here,LoL! I make a statement that was my opinion and everyone freaks out, my goodness.Please chill out, I am not trying to create any enemies for voicing my opinion.

P.S. I changed my post to obey you guys, as I dont want this thread to get out of context and become another **** talking thread. Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Dont ever take the internet that seriously... Please
Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

FYI.... anything having to do with cars, always ends up with **** talking!

Quick Reply: Where to buy wheels?