Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Magnacharger valley cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Magnacharger valley cover

Is the valley cover included in the kit a lower profile than the stock cover? Or whats the difference?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is a lower profile, it comes with flat allen headed bolts as well that are countersunk into the valley plate to allow for a lower profile.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

bringing this thread up as I would like to know if stock ls1 valley cover will fit under the Magnusson mp112? I assume not as the kit is shipped with a new cover but would like to understand why, is the desired feature the countersink cable routing for the knock sensor?

Seems the cover itself and the bolts fit according to this thread...
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=35000
Old 02-26-2018, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

To be honest I’m not sure. The Magnacharger valley plate actually has big fat orings in it that touch the bottom of the blower manifold. I believe it’s more for support since the lower manifold is such a broad piece of cast aluminum with no ribs or support structure built in since it’s in such a confined space. That’s not to say the lower isn’t strong enough to hold the boost on its own, but having the support from the valley cover would help keep it from flexing under boost and possibly cracking.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by raven154
To be honest I’m not sure. The Magnacharger valley plate actually has big fat orings in it that touch the bottom of the blower manifold. I believe it’s more for support since the lower manifold is such a broad piece of cast aluminum with no ribs or support structure built in since it’s in such a confined space. That’s not to say the lower isn’t strong enough to hold the boost on its own, but having the support from the valley cover would help keep it from flexing under boost and possibly cracking.
Hmm alright... can anyone advice me on if I should get the new cover. I live in Sweden so with shipping, customs etc it will be well over 200 dollars...

I can always get a set of orings and grinde some tracks for them if that's the main issue...

Quick Reply: Magnacharger valley cover