Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I'm out.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll love the 335i. We have a built one (see sig) and its a blast to drive. Hopefully putting methanol injection and a new cooler on it once the weather turns nice here.

One thing to know . . . it has an open diff. Wasn't a big deal for 07 (our year) to put in a limited slip, but I believe in 08 the welded the diffs, which makes it substantially more expensive.

We run a Procede tune from Vishu. The amount of control this thing has over the system is outstanding. They even have a launch control where you essentially press a button, floor it, and when you let off the brake it begins to build boost at whatever ramp-up you've set for optimum launch. We can also switch maps via the press of the DTC or steering wheel buttons, letting us go to Meth mod, or economy mode, etc.

Vishnu has even put out an economy map that prevents boost from building, and nets you another few MPG.

If I were you, I'd seriously consider looking into the Procede.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about the Procede, but wanted something more concealable. Not to mention I have a lot of warranty left and needed something I could remove in a moments notice.

Thus, I went with the JB+ from BMS. I also have their dual cone DCI on the way. With just these two mods, I should be looking at an extra 60-75 hp at the wheels...100+ if running higher octane than 93 (ie. race gas).

Needless to say I am stoked,

LAW
Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Whoa! Installed my dual cone intake and tune last night. According to other forum members just these two mods are good for 75hp at the wheels on 93 octane (which I am running).

Thing is easily a sub 5 second 0-60 car and pulls like a beast up top. Amazing results...

LAW
Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I see catless down pipes in your future....
Old 03-12-2011, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

FRiCK,

You are probably correct...once I go out of warranty, that is. The gain from them is huge, but they are so damn apparent no way to hide those from the dealer (aka the code police).

LAW
Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Teching In

hey bud , sorry to hear you are out of the game , I am just trying to get into it and looking forward to learning from some of the guys on here