Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

NASA Time Trial 'Build'

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you still need that seat measurement?

And i would wonder if your LG's would make noise after sitting for so lone, and how long it would take to quiet back down.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure. It might be helpful for others to see how much headroom they can gain.

Yeah, good question. I didn't really think about that. The storage place I have my V, SRT8 and Fiero in starts them, moves them a bit and airs them out as part of the storage, but that doesn't really do anything for the suspension.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fiero....man thats a throwback you rarely hear anymore.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
Fiero....man thats a throwback you rarely hear anymore.
Yeah, after my Corvair (where my username comes from), I had the Fiero since high school. It was the first car I really drove regularly. I keep it around with the intention of 'finishing' it someday despite the facts that my other two vehicles are better in just about every aspect and that I haven't done anything to the Fiero in over half a decade. Currently, it sits as a multicolored 'project.'
Just dug up this build thread on it: http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewt...hp?f=16&t=5947
Old 03-07-2015, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Uths eAtAnySpd
Well, the car went into storage today with just over 120k miles. As soon as it comes out, though, I plan to get all of these parts I've mentioned installed. Possibly some more to go along with them...

Bumping this about a week shy of a year since seeing the car. I'm getting excited about driving my V in a few weeks for the first time since then. I just hope the poor weather the States have been getting stops.

I bought a new house with a decent sized garage a couple weeks ago (quite the anticlimactic experience from 7000 miles away btw), so the V will be getting some love and parts installed soon.

Anything in particular I should take care of beyond an oil change when it comes out if storage?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Reunited at last! Now I just need to unpack enough to be able to park in the garage and wash these things.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally made it back to the track after basically a three year hiatus. I ran the last couple of days at New Jersey Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt) with the PCA.

Being it has been so long, it was a new track and new car setup, I ran with an instructor in their Blue group.

I definitely still have some rust to knock of, but things were going well throughout the sessions. The car is so much more flat with the coilovers and roll bar setup. The seats make steering inputs a lot easier as I'm no longer fighting to stay in the seat.

I ran Nitto NT01s and Hawk DTC-60s for this event on new Stoptech rotors. I'm liking this tire for the track and one you can drive there on.

Overall, things were mostly smooth. That said, I lost ABS early on. Not sure of the cause on that. Also, today was cut short as the car wouldn't start. Acted the same way as the last time my clutch position sensor broke. Not wanting to risk it being something else, we packed up and headed home after push starting the V. I forgot to try the cruise control on the way (it won't work either with a bad sensor.)

Looking to address a few issues, throw on a couple of parts and get back to the track.

Here's a quick video from yesterday. I have one that should be pretty cool on the way...
Edit: I can't get the Facebook video link to work on my phone.

Last edited by UnsafeAtAnySpd; 06-06-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Next time you go, or want to go, let me know. I could have coached/instructed you.
Plus I am a member at NJ so you can be a guest...

Last edited by Junior-1; 06-06-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Junior-1
Next time you go, or want to go, let me know. I could have coached/instructed you.
Plus I am a member at NJ so you can be a guest...
That would be great. If nothing else, I'd love to check out your car.

Also, this link should hopefully work for the video. It's just a short clip though.
Facebook Post
Old 06-11-2015, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I received another clutch position sensor in the mail today and swapped it out this evening. It's tight up there under the dash, but the car now starts right up again. I can't believe I've had to replace that sensor twice now. It's pretty annoying.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick little update... SRP Racing pedals installed:
Old 06-14-2015, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Catch can installed and hooked up:
Old 06-15-2015, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

How do you like that style of pedals? Was thinking of those or the grid design...
Old 06-15-2015, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you like that style of pedals? Was thinking of those or the grid design...
Honestly, I have only driven the car twice since the installation and both times I was barefoot. So while, I can't give a good review of them thus far, I do like how the extra material on the side of the gas pedal closes some of the gap between it and the brake pedal. They should make heel/toe quite a bit easier.

Also, while they don't offer the same level of grip as the grid design, the holes are slightly raised as is the edge of the pedal. They seem to offer more grip than the stock rubber covers.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not much to update but figured I would post a couple of pictures. This is the first time I've had the stock wheels on the car in a few years. The TD wheels are in the garage with NT01s waiting for the next track day.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Installed a suede V2 **** and Redline shift boot today. I think the leather choice and white piping match the seats pretty well.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
Catch can installed and hooked up:

I've been looking over this a few times now and it doesn't look like your catch can setup is routed correctly or will actually do anything. You have a pre-vac line and what is supposed to be a vac line hooked up to the same cans

Maybe I'm not seeing where the hoses go or how the inner workings of those two cans are setup. But the way you have it currently plumbed is that fresh air is getting pumped into your catch cans from the LS6 TB nipple and pushing any oil that should be coming up the PCV lines (which in your setup are not under vaccum) back down into the valve covers essentially eliminating the PCV system.

What your system should have is the LS6 TB nipple port hose going directly to the pass side valve cover. The Driverside valve cover should then have a hose that comes out to your catch cans, and from the catch cans another hose should plug into a post TB Vac port on your intake.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

2 things...

1. Thursday 7/23 is a member day @ NJMP. NASA Northeast is there Fri/Sat/Sun @ Lightning and SCCA Majors is there @ Thunderbolt so I am planning on heading down. Let me know if you can make it...

2. SKF hubs, pretty sure the correct XTracker part number for us is BR930537. That's the front? Is there a separate number for the rears? Or just all the same?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2015, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barrok69
I've been looking over this a few times now and it doesn't look like your catch can setup is routed correctly or will actually do anything. You have a pre-vac line and what is supposed to be a vac line hooked up to the same cans

Maybe I'm not seeing where the hoses go or how the inner workings of those two cans are setup. But the way you have it currently plumbed is that fresh air is getting pumped into your catch cans from the LS6 TB nipple and pushing any oil that should be coming up the PCV lines (which in your setup are not under vaccum) back down into the valve covers essentially eliminating the PCV system.

What your system should have is the LS6 TB nipple port hose going directly to the pass side valve cover. The Driverside valve cover should then have a hose that comes out to your catch cans, and from the catch cans another hose should plug into a post TB Vac port on your intake.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be honest in that I don't know exactly how the system works. I routed based on threads and diagrams on this forum. I'll look into it.

2 things...

1. Thursday 7/23 is a member day @ NJMP. NASA Northeast is there Fri/Sat/Sun @ Lightning and SCCA Majors is there @ Thunderbolt so I am planning on heading down. Let me know if you can make it...

2. SKF hubs, pretty sure the correct XTracker part number for us is BR930537. That's the front? Is there a separate number for the rears? Or just all the same?

Thanks
1. Of course this is the week my mom and sister decided to come visit me, so I'll be busy with them. I also was on the waitlist for Summit Point for Friday and a spot opened up for me.

2. I think they're two separate part numbers but I'll have to double check.

Edit: BR930537 is for the fronts, but it looks like BR930539 is the rear. I don't have them on yet, so I can't personally confirm.

Last edited by UnsafeAtAnySpd; 07-22-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

NASA Northeast on Thunderbolt next weekend 10/16-10/18 if you're interested...

Quick Reply: NASA Time Trial 'Build'