Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Wtf now im pissied!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
Me too!

Me 3!!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GulfM3
I dont know what looks worse, the busted mount or your crazy double jointed finger

Thats the first failed trans mount I have ever seen, good job on driving your car to it's limits!
I think it failed because my OEM motor mounts were so shot. I would never go back to OEM (junk).
Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice more options... anything going to be done about the transmission of vibrations through the solid mounts???

solid mount are great and all but vibs are the whole reason my RC51 MM are sitting on the shelf

Originally Posted by tommycompton
I think it failed because my OEM motor mounts were so shot. I would never go back to OEM (junk).
haha i stand corrected.. only problem with the aftermarket mounts are that they dont include a positive lock like the OEM designs..its all poly and when that fails you got nothing.. with tha being said im running MM that dont have a positive lock so ill just STFU now hahah
Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by shadyLS6

haha i stand corrected.. only problem with the aftermarket mounts are that they dont include a positive lock like the OEM designs..its all poly and when that fails you got nothing.. with tha being said im running MM that dont have a positive lock so ill just STFU now hahah
The tranny doesn't really have anywhere to go except maybe up. I don't think the engine would go anywhere either, unless all mounts failed at once.
With the oem failed tranny mount when I went over speed bumps I could feel my shifter rise in my hand, then the the tranny would clunk back down.
I have UUC now, but plan on switching it out to a Creative steel grey mount.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slithering_Joe
UMI Performance Inc. in Philipsburg, PA is developing a set similar to the "RC51" style mounts.
I believe they look similar to the PADFT for the VETTE's
Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Sorry if this sounds dumb, But what does it feel like when the mount comes apart such as yours? Is the motor bouncing around and clunking? Just want the heads up to pay attention to mine as I bought and installed mine a few months ago.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by raven154
Someone needs to make another run of RC51 style mounts!!!
this is what I have on the drivers side - passenger side is UUC and so far so great...
Old 03-16-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
nice more options... anything going to be done about the transmission of vibrations through the solid mounts???

solid mount are great and all but vibs are the whole reason my RC51 MM are sitting on the shelf

Honestly they aren't that bad. They are not a solid mount. The RC51 mounts have a poly bushing that has star pattern to it almost. It makes it so they aren't as stiff as a solid bushing.

Also, the CS trans mount supposedly has a fail safe similar to the OEM mount in case of failure. Personally, I had the UUC trans mount and I threw it in the trash and learned a long time ago UUC is a joke. I run the RC51 mounts with the stock trans mount and even with a loppy cam it's really not bad! I know they are much better than failed OEM mounts lol
Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

this time i felt and heard a clunking when i decided to look under the car. im getting pretty good at changing motor mounts (and removing longtubes) lol. also spoke with UUC today, and they told me the design was changed and i will be recieving the new one.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by plastus85
this time i felt and heard a clunking when i decided to look under the car. im getting pretty good at changing motor mounts (and removing longtubes) lol. also spoke with UUC today, and they told me the design was changed and i will be recieving the new one.
Post up some pics of the new ones.....I'm just curious to see what's changed on the setup
Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

im curious to see what the UMI ones look like.

Not shocked to see the resident MM guru Joe pop in here.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If someone can get me some dimensions on the RC51 mounts, P/N's for the bushing used, or if someone has some on the shelf, I have a buddy that can fab some up, and get a price to see if he's willing to make another run of them.

I can coordinate this effort as well.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont understand why the idea for those mounts werent carried on... people just loving the UUC stuff.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Post up some pics of the new ones.....I'm just curious to see what's changed on the setup
They look identical
Old 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Trust me. Replace the tranny mount while your at it. Takes twenty minutes. If the tranny mount is worn/damaged/separated, it will allow the motor to deflect even more. You have give somewhere allowing your motor to deflect and separate your drivers side mount.

Bad workmanship- possibility YES!

But do you want to replace MM and tranny again wh you find out it's not a workmanship issue?

It's up to you. The Internet is full of tons of good info, and twice as much bad. You have to think logically on your own, because it's your car and your money. Just look at the big picture. Two failed UUC!?

Tranny and vibes - I have CS mm and tranny, no excess vibes here. Anyone else?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

this whole mount issue is weird...some have failures and some dont. be it the stockers, UUC, or CS. some have melted and some are doing fine.

my stockers were shot after 33k on the clock. so, rather then getting stockers replace under warranty (since a lot of had issue doing that with a modded car), i replaced them with UUC at the recommendation of my shop. i now have almost 10k miles on them, with no issues. i am running Kooks LTs with Jet Hot 1700 Coating and the MM have header wrap and heat sheilds with them.

OP, sorry to here about the bad luck. hope you get her back up soon with no other problems
Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

I made my own. The factory mount was trashed. Too weak of a design in my opinion.

At the same time I filled the factory trans mount. I will say that the filled oem trans mount transfers more internal transmission gear noise to the cabin. It could totally be contributed to the fact that is 94 hardness rubber.
Attached Thumbnails Wtf now im pissied!-dsc00068.jpg  

Last edited by CORNER CARVER; 03-18-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
this whole mount issue is weird...some have failures and some dont. be it the stockers, UUC, or CS. some have melted and some are doing fine.

my stockers were shot after 33k on the clock. so, rather then getting stockers replace under warranty (since a lot of had issue doing that with a modded car), i replaced them with UUC at the recommendation of my shop. i now have almost 10k miles on them, with no issues. i am running Kooks LTs with Jet Hot 1700 Coating and the MM have header wrap and heat sheilds with them.

OP, sorry to here about the bad luck. hope you get her back up soon with no other problems
We all know your mod list by now COLE.....Oh wait sorry wrong thread
Old 03-20-2011, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by heavymetals
I believe they look similar to the PADFT for the VETTE's
Structurally, the RC51, UMI, and the PFADT designs are pretty much the same. The PFADT are really nice looking.

"RC51"

PFADT, $250

Looking at the UUC abortion of a design, it's just a matter of time until they fail. I'd hate to be the guy hitting the throttle hard after apexing a turn then to have the motor rip the mount. Or, Id hate to be the guy driving behind him/her. Just say'n.

Last edited by Slithering_Joe; 03-20-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

With a stud that long on the bottom of the pfadt mount, I bet you could make a spacer and make them work. Just sayin.

Quick Reply: Wtf now im pissied!