Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

If there was, would you go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it you are doing the cocoa to Valdosta portion miadragon?

I am gonna do the long haul hopefully, assuming I don't break her before then
Old 03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say you get a day where some of the smaller production numbered lsx vehicles can get together. g8's, gtos, cts-v's etc. or maybe open it up to camaros and vettes. then that way you can get a good turn out and not have to eat too much of a financial investment.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jasonk

Yea, maybe a little more. You going with friends or solo?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the insight guys and suggestions.

being in this business for 9 years with the same company I have learned a lot. We have had MANY "Hummer happenings" which are similar to a delaership backed "V Day" that lyndsey puts on. What happens is a place gets X amount of dollars to invest in stuff like this,... we through GIANT hummer parties, we built dirt tracks and trails for owners to enjoy they're vehicle and what it can do. It was awesome, we catered,...myself and others would work the events. Every single customer LOVED it,..we had over 200 hummers over the course of 2 days,..every single time we threw it. We had hand rolled cigar stations,...high end food,.. it was truly awesome.

I am NOT talking about that type of event,...I am talking about the POSSABILITY of a MEGA meet,... not a dealer backed event. I am not quite sure if you guys understand the difference(in a cool way).

think bigger-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0jCTJ2sys
Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

A bit to far 4 me... we have a pretty nice size group in all of Tx as a whole...
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

being in this business for 9 years with the same company I have learned a lot. We have had MANY "Hummer happenings" which are similar to a delaership backed "V Day" that lyndsey puts on. What happens is a place gets X amount of dollars to invest in stuff like this,... we through GIANT hummer parties, we built dirt tracks and trails for owners to enjoy they're vehicle and what it can do. It was awesome, we catered,...myself and others would work the events. Every single customer LOVED it,..we had over 200 hummers over the course of 2 days,..every single time we threw it. We had hand rolled cigar stations,...high end food,.. it was truly awesome.

I am NOT talking about that type of event,...I am talking about the POSSABILITY of a MEGA meet,... not a dealer backed event. I am not quite sure if you guys understand the difference(in a cool way).

think bigger-

I bet those CTS's have hand e-brakes...
Old 03-28-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

If you build it, they will come

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

think bigger-

Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best of luck. Our Dallas V meets have got as many as 23 but are normally 10-15. Our meet of 23 set the record for largest city meet. Of course V day in VA has more, but its in a different league.

The problem is that there really aren't that many Vs out there, and an even smaller percentage that are on the forums. And the amount that are online that wish to drive 3-15 hours for a V meet is even smaller.

I don't mean to be negative Nancy, but after planning V meets for the last 4 years I know a little about the V community, which is much different than the Hummer community.

Oh, back to the original question...if you have the meet within a couple hours of Dallas I'd be game.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by whisler151
Best of luck. Our Dallas V meets have got as many as 23 but are normally 10-15. Our meet of 23 set the record for largest city meet. Of course V day in VA has more, but its in a different league.

The problem is that there really aren't that many Vs out there, and an even smaller percentage that are on the forums. And the amount that are online that wish to drive 3-15 hours for a V meet is even smaller.

I don't mean to be negative Nancy, but after planning V meets for the last 4 years I know a little about the V community, which is much different than the Hummer community.
Good points. I am SO down for V meets and also didn't want to be Debbie but did want to highlight the reality of it all. Most V owners are not going to travel for a "car meet". Of course the way the 1st gen is priced as of late maybe that will change!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MIAdragon
Yea, maybe a little more. You going with friends or solo?
Interesting. Been Googling the power tour for a minute now. Definitely interested in GA to AL (at least) and maybe the whole damn thing if I can get my brother to make the trip with me.

Any threads I missed on who is attending?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

I will be going with som passengers, but I don't think I will have any other drivers with me as of yet, can't wait though it sure does sound like fun

And I don't think there are any v threads regarding the hrpt
Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

points taken.

gracia
Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll go if it's in Las Vegas around September. I plan to be in Vegas then! Woohoo!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will be going with som passengers, but I don't think I will have any other drivers with me as of yet, can't wait though it sure does sound like fun

Cool. Why don't you post one up on the CF and link to here or vice versa? I don't wanna do it myself because I'm not 100%...
Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Im trying to talk a few more V1's to make the FL to GA leg, Id love to do more but have a trip a day later.

Quick Reply: If there was, would you go?