Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Newbie - Week #2 Modding Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012 | 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Ugh. Bad memories on this thread.

Installed new spark plugs (NGK TR55IX) and wires (MSD 8.5mm) to no avail. Got the car tuned, and the problem went away instantly. Never came back.

The problem with the Internet is that bad ideas come premixed with the good--you're in for a world of pain if you can't or won't exercise critical thinking when reading forum posts.
Fuzzy man, look I don't know you but you cannot just give this up huh? I mean it is unspoken word that this is a forum and you're not necessarily getting advice from pros here. So yes I would highly reccomend critical thinking, as I would with all life choices. You got overly defensive quick, to guys who were trying to help you. All be it their advice was not the solve to the problem, never the less they were merely trying to help. After reading through the thread no one really attacked you or gave you "BS" advice. I see you were bent about the plugs and wires, but lets face facts, they were disturbed on install so they would be ground zero for such a problem, and they are much cheaper and easier to do than getting a tune. Thus why i'm sure some were dead set on it. Which is also a throwing parts at it to get it fixed idea and never is the right way of fixing things, but sometimes you get lucky. I can tell you that the idea you got from tuners that the post catalyst o2's had any thing to do with engine management is way left field. Support: tuners turn them off in catless cars.

Look either way relax friend. No one is here is trying to cause you problems. Glad it is all solved now. In retrospect it was better you got the tune anyway as headers and intake only really add good HP with a tune.
Old 12-01-2012 | 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the update, I had read the thread as well and I understood where everybody including the OP was coming from with their thoughts.

Funny thing is my LS2 with headers, high flow cats and exhaust runs nearly indistinguishable between stock ecu and a W4M tuned ECU - basically it runs fantastic with either one. Every car is different, maybe the intake had a lot to do with it combined with everything else. My ECU with a tune took a dump on me so I'm back to stock ECU right now.... debating getting a dyno tune or having this one reflashed again by Jess at W4M. Either way I think I'll get a dyno run before and after either way I go.
Old 12-01-2012 | 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Fuzzy man, look I don't know you but you cannot just give this up huh? I mean it is unspoken word that this is a forum and you're not necessarily getting advice from pros here. So yes I would highly reccomend critical thinking, as I would with all life choices. You got overly defensive quick, to guys who were trying to help you. All be it their advice was not the solve to the problem, never the less they were merely trying to help. After reading through the thread no one really attacked you or gave you "BS" advice. I see you were bent about the plugs and wires, but lets face facts, they were disturbed on install so they would be ground zero for such a problem, and they are much cheaper and easier to do than getting a tune. Thus why i'm sure some were dead set on it. Which is also a throwing parts at it to get it fixed idea and never is the right way of fixing things, but sometimes you get lucky. I can tell you that the idea you got from tuners that the post catalyst o2's had any thing to do with engine management is way left field. Support: tuners turn them off in catless cars.

Look either way relax friend. No one is here is trying to cause you problems. Glad it is all solved now. In retrospect it was better you got the tune anyway as headers and intake only really add good HP with a tune.
You do realize that this is a year old thread right?
Old 12-01-2012 | 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
You do realize that this is a year old thread right?
yeah somebody brought it back and Fuzzy posted in it last night and still seemed bitter about it.

Quick Reply: Newbie - Week #2 Modding Results