Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need Clutch Diagnostic Help BADLY.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raven, thanks yet again for sharing your knowledge.

However, Thomas Hendrix is a saint. I've grown to really really like the guy. I truly can't imagine any higher level of customer support. Still, I have the ability to just put an LS7 clutch/FW in it tomorrow with my stock (but brand new) V slave and the Katech spacer. Thinking hard about just doing that. I'd rather have the Hendrix stuff. I think it's just better, and will handle what ever power I put to it in the future (and feels so silky). I'm just in a time crunch MAJOR here. Moving sucks. Selling three of four cars sucks. But for this one that we kept to be down for so long and to be moving in a few days... I just need it to freakin' work.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
8 Second Club

I spoke to Jordan regarding this last week. I have the HE clutch and Katech spacer, been running it for close to 15000 miles. I do have a similar issue, when it is cold with a commanded high idle, it will not go into reverse without shutting it off. Then when it is hot, at stoplights in reverse with clutch depressed, it will drag.
Overall it has worked ok at 400 rwhp level, but with the new 402 stroker going in,with a larger cam etc..I assumed the problem with the high idle would be worse, so I stepped up to a custom LS9 ZR1 twin disc.
Jared if you have any questions about the V feel free to PM me or ask Jordan for my number.

Chris
Old 05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Chris:

Thanks much, man. I appreciate your willingness to help me.

The car is all good now. As I type, I'm driving across the desert of Arizona in a bigass Penske moving truck with the Caddy in-tow. It works now. Much thanks to Thomas Hendrix, Jordan and Chris at National Speed, and last but not least John and Rich at European Auto Garage.

Here's what we did: Although it was obvious that it was a measurement/spacing issue on the slave, I put an LS7 clutch and flywheel in it. Before bolting it in, the guys at European Auto Garage did the measurement and found that the spacer with the OEM V slave would be too long, so they cut the spacer down to the needed height on a lathe. It works wonderfully now. As I said before, I really wish that I had the Hendrix stuff in there, and now am 100% sure that the same solution would have worked perfectly with that setup. But since I had to load the car up on the trailer and head west, I couldn't run any risk of having to pull it back out. In hind sight, I wish we would have done that but there was no way to know for sure that the Hendrix clutch wasn't causing any of the issue. Now, we know that it wasn't. Oh well.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I look forward to meeting some of you NorCal V guys. Take care,

Jared
Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^
Glad to here that she is back up.

GL in Cali.

Quick Reply: Need Clutch Diagnostic Help BADLY.