Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Caddy CTSV track video

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah.... it is kinda sad they dont even do in house tuning
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wcryan
Yeah.... it is kinda sad they dont even do in house tuning
Possibly true, Ryan, but their tune shop does the tune on all of their cars, so you know that between the 2 of them, you are getting a world of experience on V2 building & tuning.

Last edited by Gary Wells; 05-05-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very true also
Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Launching!

The fat fenders reminds me of a DTM Merc. I wonder if the wing is mounted to the frame. That splitter in front looks kinda small and it should have an air extractor hood as well. Cool car though. I always had the impression that D3 was kind of a show car type shop. Maybe that is why they built this to appeal to a different market. Thanks for posting the video.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

D3 is the kind of company where if you have to ask how much.....you probably can't afford it. Does that mean their work is better then anyone elses, IMO hell no.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

That wing is pretty badass though..... I will admit
Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
D3 is the kind of company where if you have to ask how much.....you probably can't afford it. Does that mean their work is better then anyone elses, IMO hell no.
If I want 600hp in my Raptor I can go to Hennessey and pay $16k for their Velociraptor 600, or I can have my shop do the same package for $9k.

Its all dependent upon ones budget. Don't rip a company because they command higher prices then you are willing to pay.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whisler151
Its all dependent upon ones budget. Don't rip a company because they command higher prices then you are willing to pay.
IMO it's not a matter of whether you're willing to pay more, it's a matter of whether the additional $$$ actually get you anything tangible.

Considering they are a very large shop I can never seem to find many of their customers out there putting up numbers (be it road course or dragstrip). For me personally that would go a long way towards validating their credibility and potentially justifying their price premiums.

My $0.02.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gnxs
IMO it's not a matter of whether you're willing to pay more, it's a matter of whether the additional $$$ actually get you anything tangible.

Considering they are a very large shop I can never seem to find many of their customers out there putting up numbers (be it road course or dragstrip). For me personally that would go a long way towards validating their credibility and potentially justifying their price premiums.

My $0.02.
I'm not saying that a D3 car will put down equivalent/better numbers or out perform any other shop's car, rather i'm saying that there are plenty of people that pay more for a brand name.

Are $300 designer jeans better quality than $30 Wranglers...no. But I still pay for them.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not saying that a D3 car will put down equivalent/better numbers or out perform any other shop's car, rather i'm saying that there are plenty of people that pay more for a brand name.

Are $300 designer jeans better quality than $30 Wranglers...no. But I still pay for them.
I hear ya.

P.S. - I'm wearing Levi's.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gnxs

My $0.02.
Exactly, if D3 can show me the quality and power gains that they offer are more then the same thing another shop could do for half price then I would be all about it.

Just because I wont pay doesnt mean its right that they charge double for the same **** as another shop.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

D3 may not be a bargain price shop, but there are several reasons why they get the prices that they do.
1) They are a 1 stop shop: They design, have made for them, and / or purchase the parts for their customers cars.
2) They build & / or tune their customers cars, although the cars are tuned at another location.
3) They have set up and / or installed and tuned quite a few "methanol injection" cars.
4) They do not work on any other make of car other than Cadillacs.
5) When I got a quote from D3 for 9.5 lower pulley, 165 thermo, Kooks headers, X-pipe, high performance cats & tubes back to the factory muffs, installation of my Airaid CAI & my Alkycontrol, & tune, they quoted me 2 days total in and out.
In my particular case, the 1 stop shop, work on Cads alone, & 2 day in and out time were most important to me.

There are a ton of exceptional build & tune shops in SoCal, but few have the expertise and experience of working on Cads. All the other ones came from Vette background.
Motors are virtually identical, but tranny tune & installation between the vette & Cad are not the same.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Uhhhhmmm.... ooookay. That says a lot.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't even afford Wrangler's. Unless at GoodWill, of course.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just to add a little to what gary said: (and im not saying i'd pay double for the same work)

When I went there and walked in and saw all their cars and equipment, it made me feel like if I had them work on my car, i'd be less worrysome about something going wrong than if I took it to some tiny LS shop or even a shop that works on all cars and makes.

Also some of the stuff that they were showing me, that they have designed for cadillac's and cadillac's only, shows that they put the extra time and effort into the cars that we own and drive

another .02 post
Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Cool

We produced the racing portion of the D3 video. We will be back at Auto Club Speedway on May 6, 2012 with the D3 Competition CTS-V. The car has many new suspension and performance modifications that will allow it to corner at much higher speeds. We have produced several videos for the owner of this amazing CTS-V. The entire interior has been totally gutted, all of the window glass has been replaced with racing LEXAN.

The car most recently ran a 1:51.910 lap time on the 2.8 mile "ROVAL" at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. We are expecting to see lap times in the 1:48 range when we run the car next on May 6th. We will have GPS acquisition in the car for on-screen instrumentation in the finished videos. We will also have CD quality stereo audio in the car on that day.

Here is what the car sound like with our CD quality audio playing in our video from the last time we shot video on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsKDh0tsAqM
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Thats more like it, nice lap
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CMC lap record there is 1:55.xxx

CMC is a 3200lb, 260/310, Toyo tire spec class based upon 3/4G Camaros and similar year Mustangs.

I noticed a lot of lifting and coasting ... that car ought to be DEEP in the 40s ...

Last edited by mitchntx; 03-16-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Caddy CTSV track video