Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

finally finished 06 CTS-V maggie and other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011 | 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Default finally finished 06 CTS-V maggie and other stuff

build completed today, 06 CTS-V just road tested
Used Hendrix Maggie, Hendrix upgraded axles/CVs, OBX headers/resonators, 20% harmonic balancer, stock gutted air cleaner, UUC shifter. She put out 488 HP, 472 torque on the dyno, 9 lbs boost, Tech says "she's running great, but still has plenty of wheel hop." I thought these upgraded axles and CVs eliminated most of that issue. Did I get the wrong axles? Something doesn't sound right here. I will not drive the car until tomorrow
Old 05-18-2011 | 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Yes the axles should eliminate wheel hop. Wait until you drive the car for yourself before you jump to any conclusions.
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks like a good setup.. mine made 475/458 without the OD balancer and a bit of belt slip... my buddy jim is the tech who tuned my car and is working on urs. ive heard all about ur heartaches.. but you should be good now
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

On caddy forums he also said it was raining the day it was driven. At least that's what I got out of it. If it's raining, you're probably gonna hop no matter what. I have some stuff done to my car, no axles but about everything else, and I don't hop unless it's raining, or there is a bunch of weight in the back seat.
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

That's with 275/40/18 PS2's out back.
Old 05-20-2011 | 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
looks like a good setup.. mine made 475/458 without the OD balancer and a bit of belt slip... my buddy jim is the tech who tuned my car and is working on urs. ive heard all about ur heartaches.. but you should be good now
REally-are we talking J and M In Manchester?
Old 05-20-2011 | 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Default wheel hoppin

Originally Posted by OriGinaL Condo
Yes the axles should eliminate wheel hop. Wait until you drive the car for yourself before you jump to any conclusions.
no, drove all day (raining) but still hoppity hop down the interstate trail. Seems better with control stuff off, but banging 1 to 2 just aint cuttin it. I only have 5 k on the car, original run flats, could be the issue? Also for some reaon I dont understand Ive got em up to 40 lbs, which would seem to make them "harder"

CAr also likes to do a bucking bronco action in low speed first and second, any clue as to what that might be?
Old 05-20-2011 | 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS2duc
no, drove all day (raining) but still hoppity hop down the interstate trail. Seems better with control stuff off, but banging 1 to 2 just aint cuttin it. I only have 5 k on the car, original run flats, could be the issue? Also for some reaon I dont understand Ive got em up to 40 lbs, which would seem to make them "harder"

CAr also likes to do a bucking bronco action in low speed first and second, any clue as to what that might be?
If I am reading this correctly you are saying it was raining while you were driving. If so that is the problem. Wait until you drive it on dry pavement before drawing any conclusions. Any car will wheel hop on wet pavement. Hell even my high HP AWD cars would. IRS+wet pavement=
Old 05-20-2011 | 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That can be attributed to needing new plugs/wires or a vaccuum leak.

-meaty
Old 05-21-2011 | 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Default bucking.

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
That can be attributed to needing new plugs/wires or a vaccuum leak.

-meaty
brand new plugs, MSD wires and boots,sounds like one more place to look. Mechanic will test drive Monday mornining, let ya know. Car did it stock also, although much less. Thanks for the tips.
Old 05-21-2011 | 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big reg
If I am reading this correctly you are saying it was raining while you were driving. If so that is the problem. Wait until you drive it on dry pavement before drawing any conclusions. Any car will wheel hop on wet pavement. Hell even my high HP AWD cars would. IRS+wet pavement=
If it EVER stops raining in F'ing New England-6days and counting. I'm just wondering with me being very new on the CTS-V Maggie scene (certainly not new in age) if the Hendrix high end axles were as good as some of the newer designs. I didn't measure the diameters, but they seemed pretty close. I know some of the newer companies axles are noticeably different in circumference and they're claiming that's what all hoopla is about with wheel hop. I know one thing-the CVs on the Hendrix are absolutely massive! Gotta be 3x size off stock. Pretty sure those aren't going anywhere except in circles for a while.
Old 05-21-2011 | 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

This rain sucks.. good to see your car finally came together!
Old 05-21-2011 | 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Default hippity hop to the barber shop

Originally Posted by raven154
On caddy forums he also said it was raining the day it was driven. At least that's what I got out of it. If it's raining, you're probably gonna hop no matter what. I have some stuff done to my car, no axles but about everything else, and I don't hop unless it's raining, or there is a bunch of weight in the back seat.
Dry tonight-NO HOP! launched 2,3,4K and nuthin but burt rubber and black stripes! Yippee! Now if I can get rid of this "bucking bronco" routine, mostly 1st, some in 2nd, then I'll not be posting on these forums for a while...

Hippity hop to the barber shop was from the 3 stooges, if anyone cares
Old 05-21-2011 | 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Default fun in the rain

no truer words spoken, altough I do remember test driving a Subaru GT turbo, I think it was, about a year ago. Pouring rain and that sucker would not budge full throttle onto the RTe 91 ramp, it it was pouring that night.
I remember the salesman BRAGGING away about how "id never find another car that could do that."

BTW: they did just spectacular on dry pavement tonight. Not a hint of wheel hop, just lots of smelly Goodyear smoke!
Old 05-21-2011 | 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Default axles

Originally Posted by tityrous
This rain sucks.. good to see your car finally came together!
runnin like a champ tonight! Just lots of smoke and twin black stripes-I have a long driveway, left a set there just to remind me. A few more little tweaks, its doing this kind of bucking action in 1st, sometimes 2nd. Funny-car did it stock a little also, just more exagerrated now.
leo
Old 05-21-2011 | 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Default hoppity mobile

Originally Posted by OriGinaL Condo
YOu were correct. Dry today, both rears just smoke at 2,3,4 RPM launches. Don't think I ever hit a rev limiter that fast!
Old 05-22-2011 | 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

runnin like a champ tonight! Just lots of smoke and twin black stripes-I have a long driveway, left a set there just to remind me. A few more little tweaks, its doing this kind of bucking action in 1st, sometimes 2nd. Funny-car did it stock a little also, just more exagerrated now.
leo
Any luck hunting down a vaccuum leak or checking out those plug wires?

I'd try replacing the wires with a known working pair, or pick up another "backup" set, and if it still does it, then start a check for vaccuum leak.

-meaty
Old 05-22-2011 | 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dry tonight-NO HOP! launched 2,3,4K and nuthin but burt rubber and black stripes!
BTW: they did just spectacular on dry pavement tonight. Not a hint of wheel hop, just lots of smelly Goodyear smoke!
Just lots of smoke and twin black stripes
Dry today, both rears just smoke at 2,3,4 RPM launches.
So, don't leave us in suspense, did you solve the wheelhop problem?
Old 05-22-2011 | 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by aurora40
So, don't leave us in suspense, did you solve the wheelhop problem?
Read the OP's last three or four posts . . .
Old 05-22-2011 | 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Read the OP's last three or four posts . . .
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or serious... Hard to tell on this interweb thing!

-meaty

Quick Reply: finally finished 06 CTS-V maggie and other stuff