Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pulled over for....aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011 | 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, cop bashing thread.......

Next time your house is burglarized or your carjacked.....don't bother dialing those ********* telling them to come risk their lives to help you.

Amazing people complain about being hassled by the police for breaking the law
Old 06-09-2011 | 06:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by itsslow98

Next time your house is burglarized or your carjacked.....don't bother dialing those ********* telling them to come risk their lives to help you.

I think the general consensus is that most cops are fine, but there are some bad apples that ruin the whole bunch...no matter where you are.
Old 06-09-2011 | 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here in Sarasota, the police department has decided to start enforcing a new offense... "Visibly Modified Exhaust." It's up to the officers discretion to decide whether or not your exhaust LOOKS different that what would be from the factory. I have had a few friends get busted on this one, one of them was out street tuning a customers car, and got a ticket for it... It's just a coffer-filling scheme.

Originally Posted by wcryan
California Highway Patrol sucks out here...... especially the motorcycle guy's. Most all of the sheriff's are cool
I always thought Poncherello and Baker were cool

There's a reason why I have a Saiga-12 with a 20 round drum mag in my house. I only need the cops to come and clean things up and take a statement.

-meaty
Old 06-09-2011 | 07:45 AM
On The Tree

+1 What chris and meaty said, cops are supposed to be their to protect and serve, said thing is, some are not there to do that. And there is a right and a wrong way to do things. I have always been very respectful toward police officers when they are doing there job, but when you come up to my window and tell me you pulled me over for not stopping for a stop sign, or didnt use my signal when switching lanes, when you and I know that i stopped and I used my signal, get the f**k outta here. Those cops are the ones (or one in my case) that I was complaining about. I expect cops to do there job, just like I am expected to do mine.
Old 06-09-2011 | 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Funny how when you need them they are seldom around. One thing I can say is that my Pops used to be a cop and his big thing was speeding in a rsidential where kids could be he would definitely ticket you for that but he stopped so many of my friends in highschool and of course let them go. He told all the rookies that worked for him to leave people alone on the highway and focus on being seen in the NEIGHBORHOOD heck everyone speeds a little on the main highways so why hassle people and raise insurance rates. To him as long as they were not reckless he was pretty cool. Oh and you better have insurance he sure did not want you jacking up someone else's car and not having the proper coverage. I myself am heavily tattooed and seem to always get the ********* too! LOL!!
Old 06-09-2011 | 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Also I do not know too much about other states but here in TX in the major cities Dallas, Houston, Ft Worth...everytime I get a speeding ticket I turn it over check the box that says NOT GUILTY send it in and ask for a jury trial...I have never ever yet had them select a jury in the end they have ALWAYS dismissed it BUT I had to go to court 2 or 3 times for it being reset I think they try to see if you will miss your hearing and then get you. Good luck to all and hopefully we can enjoy our cars safely and with as few hassles as possible. Peace.
Old 06-09-2011 | 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Being a cop i can say most of the people i work with that write tickets all the time do it cuz they wanna get glorified by the leadership, or their personal ***** ang giggles. not all cops are bad.. ive been in the game for 6 years and wrote 1 ticket.. and it was for smokin weed next to me in a car lol. if someone in a nice *** car with loud pipes pulls to me and it sounds like work has been done, id most likely pull am ever and say **** that sounds good lol.
Old 06-09-2011 | 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by yitsock
Come to Detroit,

They're more worried about more pressing issues.
like death lol
Old 06-09-2011 | 11:09 AM
Teching In

I still don't understand why it is okay for a motorcycle to be 5 times as loud as a car and not get a ticket.
Old 06-09-2011 | 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Here the city is known for it's Sunday night cruise night, there are several car shows every Sunday. Cars of all sorts go down the the two major strips through downtown almost like a parade. Cops here in recent years have been targeting "cruise nighters". They will pull over cars, take the drivers licenses and make you follow to one of two inspection trailers, where inspectors go over you car with a fine tooth comb.
They have lined up like 200 cars in one night for inspection at one inspection trailer, and giving out tickets for such idiotic things such as, no windshield washer fluid. Of the 200 cars I think they gave out over 300 tickets, only 2 passed their inspections, many of them were new cars with no mods.
Mean while drive by shootings were happening on the same street they are patrolling, but are too busy looking for tint thats too dark.
People really started to complain and they eased up a bit, because they were getting too retarded. We have the highest murder and car theft rate in Canada, but atleast nobody has euro lights.
I can see them if they want to target speeders and street racers, but come on getting pulled over because your rims are too big. what a joke. cough cough* cash grab.

About 98% of cars on cruise night here are law abiding aside form some car mod, many of them legal mods but they were handing out tickets anyway.
Old 06-09-2011 | 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I got stopped I told the cop that the car is the equivalent of FOUR HARLEYS.

He was laughing as he wrote the "excessive noise" ticket.

By the way, full up B&B with no cats and "X" pipe at the time.

I put the cats back in and haven't been stopped since.

Last edited by heavymetals; 06-09-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2011 | 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

I blew a tire on the highway the other day. I pull over and start changing the tire (full size spares are worth every penny) about three minutes in to the tire change before I can even get the lugs off, I hear a voice out of the blue, totally creeped up on me, "hey everything OK". The voice was that of a state trooper. I am like yeah everythings good except for this blowout. Trooper says he will hang around until I finish up so I have some protection. I thinking wow real nice thanks alot, guy is "serving and protecting". I then start to notice dude is looking in the windows and whenever I went to the trunk, diggin out the spare, getting the lugs, packing my chit back in the trunk, dude is eyeing everything like he is looking for illegal **** to hammer me on. Then the questions start coming, is this your car, where you going, where you live, you know that it is illegal in MI to have the front windows tinted. I am thinking to myself, this dude is going to write me a ticket or want to search the ******* car. I was being shaken down for nothing more than getting a flat. ******* writes me a ticket for the tint and asks if i mind if he looks through my car. At this point I begin to lose my cool and deny it citing his probale cause for the search. He says he can see a lighter in my cup holder. I say **** it, search it. Long story short there are some real dick heads out there. I paid the ticket.

How yeah, this was a sunday moring at about 9:30 am and was dressed to meet my mother for breakfast. No tats, clean cut, and dressed nice. At least I now it was any type of profiling just regualr old powwer tripping State Trooper.

Last edited by Goats; 06-09-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2011 | 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
VA cops aer all *****. Seriously they dont even give the nod to out of state police officers. Liek normally there is a good amount of... whats teh best word here. General comrodery and understanding amongst officers of the law. VA doesnt have that.

Its also a huge ticket for 20 over... Speeding and wreckless endangerment as well as others. Zero tolerance. My friend got pulled over on Rt 66 for i **** you not 1mph over the posted speed and was also given a ticket for a few other things. I dont think he ever paid the fines and was told his driving privliages in VA were revoked. Hate taht state. i told one cop that my V1 was a GPS unit when he asked if it was a radar detector(it was unplugged but still up).
**** VA as a whole, I could not wait to get out of the NAVY and leave that overly retarded state. I deserved one of my tickets, one I did not. My wife got a ticket for "running" a red light on a right only turn. The pic clearly showed her in front of the white line that you would need to pass in order for it to be a run. She couldn't argue or fight it as she was already back in TX.

And their highway system is garbage and ruined all three of my cars tie rods!
Old 06-09-2011 | 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want to fight a speeding ticket, you can fight it with the information from here:

www.tipmra.com

I have personal experience of this working & once I knew it would've worked, but had found this info IMMEDIATELY after my court case.

I am not sponsored by them or anything, just passing some helpful info . . .
Old 06-14-2011 | 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up exhaust

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
Cops are DICKS. BTW most state laws prohibite anything but the originally equiped factry exhaust. So anyone who went to midas is in violation of that law. They are stupid laws that were never changed to give cops the power to pull you over.

Change the scenario around and you maybe had been drinking or smelled of an illegal smoking product... that one BS law was just used to get probable cause to search your vehicle.

Cops are people to and just like people some are just DICKS. PArticularly in the wonderful commonwealth(I always though VA was a communist state) of Vaginia.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-14-2011 | 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

i agree
Old 06-15-2011 | 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goats
I am thinking to myself, this dude is going to write me a ticket or want to search the ******* car. I was being shaken down for nothing more than getting a flat. ******* writes me a ticket for the tint and asks if i mind if he looks through my car. At this point I begin to lose my cool and deny it citing his probale cause for the search. He says he can see a lighter in my cup holder. I say **** it, search it. Long story short there are some real dick heads out there. I paid the ticket.
Having a lighter in your car is not reasonable cause to search a vehicle. Hell, tell him to go check the 7-11 down the street, they have an assload of lighters sitting on the counter, and blunts behind it that they knowingly sell to idiots to roll themselves a joint to go smoke.

http://flexyourrights.org/faq

http://policecrimes.com/police.html

http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-...what-do-if-you

-meaty

Quick Reply: Pulled over for....aftermarket exhaust