Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

1st time at the Dragstrip!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011 | 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hnic91
lol I was def scared of breaking something. Here is a qik video of a run. Not great quality.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....15454&comments
Nice run, I am trying to get to the track this week or next. I will be happy as along as I get somewhere in the 13's. I will be even more happy if I get in the low 13's.
Old 06-14-2011 | 09:39 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
Same thing all the other guys said. No burnout on street tires, avoid the water box (I always had people asking me "why didn't you burn out, yo?!" "Uh, because I'm not on drag rubber..." and they never understood it). Now when I autocross, I always hot dog it off the line to warm up the rears a bit and make sure they get grippy quick, but no burnout.

Also where are you shifting? Before or after the power starts to drop off? Always want to keep the car where it's making power, and shifting as it starts to drop.

Learn to feather the clutch with a bit more throttle. It'll lead to premature clutch wear, but will help with controlling the car better.

I had a little fwd turbo car that was a beast to hang onto if you didn't feather the clutch right.

Talk to the F-Body guys and get some tips There's usually a gaggle of them out there on drag nights

And don't "power through the hopping." That's how you break expensive ****, and then you look like a jackass when your *** is getting towed off the track/home.

-meaty

Your power starts to drop off? I only drove my car for about 400 miles before installing heads and a cam, but I've driven and tuned several more and can't remember the power falling off too much.

Last edited by 07CTS-V; 06-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2011 | 10:45 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

I feel it in my I/E/Tune car. Its just all there until redline... Needs better breathing(cam/manifold/headers) and I think this will be a beast of a car.
Old 06-15-2011 | 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
Your power starts to drop off? I only drove my car for about 400 miles before installing heads and a cam, but I've driven and tuned several more and can't remember the power falling off too much.
The power doesn't drop off a huge amount, but browsing through the dyno section, you can see that the HP curve on a lot of cars reaches a peak, and then begins to drop before redline. Anywhere from 1-10 hp, depending.

Conversly, a good number of those dyno's also show the motor continuing a nice postive HP curve all the way up to redline.

-meaty

Quick Reply: 1st time at the Dragstrip!