Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Dual Fuel pumps=high fuel pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s-cam
i have it plumbed prior to the filter. I read about the regulator part of the filter on a corvette but could not find or verify that the cts-v did the same thing but yes it has a return line on it. I did replace the filter with a non GM filter when i did the pump so maybe that is the issue?

I will see if i can find a brand name one and try it.......

greddy91-Did you ever check the fuel pressure at the rail after the install?
I personally haven't measured it, but you have me worried now ahole. SNL did my tune and the car runs like a dream... It's difficult for me to think that something like that would have slipped by in the tuning process, but I'll definitely be looking into it now. I was the one who suggested the adoption of this fuel system solution in my environment - not SNL, so if it's prone to failure that's on me.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greddy91
I personally haven't measured it, but you have me worried now ahole. SNL did my tune and the car runs like a dream... It's difficult for me to think that something like that would have slipped by in the tuning process, but I'll definitely be looking into it now. I was the one who suggested the adoption of this fuel system solution in my environment - not SNL, so if it's prone to failure that's on me.
I picked up a 99-04 corvette filter that is suppose to have a regulator in it and will install it on the car tomorrow and see if it drops the fuel pressure. I will keep you posted
Old 06-19-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Let me try to fully explain this since I went through this with the Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump. The Corvette fuel filter will not solve anything by itself. The problem is you have too much volume of fuel. The regulator and return line is extremely small inside the fuel basket. The regulator cannot bleed off the extra fuel, which is why you are seeing high fuel pressure. You will burn the pumps out if you continue to run it that way. If you used the corvette fuel filter and removed the intank regulator, it would probably be able to bleed off the extra pressure and see 60psi at the rail again. You will have to completely retune the car after you drop the fuel pressure.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Well first off does anyone have a match

so stock pump, BAP unhooked, Stock filter-60lbs
stock pump, bap unhooked inline pump-95 lbs

I replaced the stock filter to rule it out- same result

So i thought i would be smart- removed the filter and went with the corvette 99-04 filter that regulates pressure

Results
stock pump BAP unhooked, INLINE PUMP unhooked, corvette filter-95 lbs
stock pump inline hooked up corvette filter- pegged gauge at 100lbs

So i decided the inline pump idea was a bad idea. ( in my mind anyways)

Removed the whole setup- racetronix harness still in car but not hooked up and BAP still in car and not hooked up.

The funny result is that with the corvette filter on the car- everything else stock-95lbs fuel pressure. I thought the stock pump was regulated in the tank?

Since i am the second owner maybe the pump has been changed or something but with the stock caddy filter it registers 60lbs pressure.

My frusturation has lead to me actually wanting to go backwards and use the racetronix harness running the stock pump (or what i believe to be the stock pump) with the BAP tied in ( reflair my hard steel line and put the stock filter in) and hope it will support 850-900 HP

If not i guess i will be giving lonnies a call.

Oh and for anyone wanting a walbro 255 lpm pump with fittings and lines to run inline on a cts-v

PM me
Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hi, see my above post

Quick Reply: Dual Fuel pumps=high fuel pressure?