Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Straight pipe exhaust?? Can it hurt performance or damage the car??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive went open headers on my WS6 and hit the dyno, lost a ton of TQ for a little more HP.... I think it has to do with the type of valve train being used... and scavenging must have a role in it all... its no wives tale...
Old 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well open headers has no restriction at all. I would think being piped to the back with the x-pipe would make it somewhat restrictive.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Launching!

I have stock mani's, Corsa cat back with no cats & H-pipe. No drone, and gets stoopid loud under WOT. Under normal driving conditions it's fairly quiet. I have a video posted to my Facebook as well. If you want to, just send a quick friend request & I'll give you access.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....15234&comments

Either that or come out to next month's C&C. I should be there with a few other V's.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try the video now
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys! I'll send the request in a min and I'll check out that vid too!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Video is still blocked for some reason? May need to recopy the link if u changed your settings since u posted it.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Obx long tubes with there resonators to the stock x pipe to muffler delete. Sounds great. Gets tons of compliments. No one believes a sound like that can come from a Cadillac. Anyway also can creap around fairly quite to keep the cops off Ya. I have to get a video up sometime.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Sorry to keep making threads guys but i have yet to find the answer i am looking for. Seems to be a lot of people running straight exhaust on youtube but i am trying to find out if it can be done safely without harming the motor or losing performance?
Hey man,

Stop letting these guys you.

You WILL harm the motor, and you WILL lose (gas mileage) performance.

I know these guys won't give you the straight deal, but I will. I'm here for you.

If you straight pipe that bitch, you WILL be going WOT more, you WILL be winding it out, you'll find yourself hot-******* off every light you come to. People are going to tell you to hit the gas in traffic, EVERYONE is going to ask you to hit the gas, "C'mon! Rev that ****! Rev it! Rev it!" You're going to be driving the **** out of it even more than you are already!

You're going to be filling the gas tank more often, replacing tires more often, and changing your oil frequently

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU! lol

Have fun with it, man!

-meaty
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Hahahahahaha! Well I'm not looking forward to all that fun stuff!! Lol thx for the straight forward answer! lol can't wait to get it all hooked up now! Fedex says packages will arrive tomorrow!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Hahahahahaha! Well I'm not looking forward to all that fun stuff!! Lol thx for the straight forward answer! lol can't wait to get it all hooked up now! Fedex says packages will arrive tomorrow!
Just the other day I had some ******* almost rearend me twice in his crappy nissan because he was so excited about hearing my car...

The attention can get kinda old... so I tend to cruise all inconspicuous in 6th... I've also found I seem to be getting better gas mileage

I had a hot chick in a 300C Hemi checking out my car a few weeks ago though...

With the good comes the bad, the bad comes the good.

-meaty
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! I get more dudes checking out my V than chics but every once in awhile, I'll get a chic jockin the car. Lol I've had a few numbers left on it at the gym and girls and guys both telling me they love my car at gas stations while I'm filling up. Just wait til it screams with damn near straight pipes... Lol

Quick Reply: Straight pipe exhaust?? Can it hurt performance or damage the car??