Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fair Warning to new owners/shoppers/exhaust Modders...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have one observation. Anyone that knows cars, seems to know about the V and what it can do, first or second gen. I never race on the street and keep it to the track, but it seems to be guys in pick up trucks with loud exhaust and a bumper sticker reading "Guns don't kill people, I do" that want to instigate something. The OP definitely has a point on the exhaust mod. :-)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
You guys just have to stop being pansies and mod up. I haven't had to say it's only the 400hp one for over a year hah
Exactly...there's tons of power to be made.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

I get mostly thumbs ups and "nice car" in my area. Most ricers dont wanna play, even if im taunting them.... SAD FACE

I did get to embarass a older guy and his wife in a boxter... im sure he thought my sedan was slow. He learned the better and when he ended up back next to me at the next light, his wife was literally pointing at him and laughing. He wouldnt look over, eyes straight ahead.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Cars only try to race me when the wife and or kids are in the car. The wife hates when I race so I only race someone to like 90 mph then I have to swallow my pride and let them win.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Did have a old early 90s accord rev on me once... I knew to leave him alone, has a boosted H22 in it and is near 400Hp and well under 3000lbs.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll stop being a pansy soon enough, and start modding, mark my words lol

The route they have me planned on working tomorrow is going to swing me by a reputeable corvette tuner tomorrow, so I'll see if he happens to have any fun goodies lying around I can pick through to throw on the V

Another note, I found out where the douche in the Nissan that almost rearended me twice lives. He's just as obnoxious in person as he is out on the street in a car... I was going to snap a picture of him buffing his car, but he started trying to chat me up, while my loud diesel truck was running...

-meaty
Old 08-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Launching!

the logical fix to the "its only the 400hp one" is to put a maggie on it and be like yes, its the fast one lol
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
Just wanted to warn those that were uninformed, because I know I CERTAINLY WASN'T.

IF you buy a CTS-V, be prepared to become the number 1 White Trash Magnet in traffic.

In two weeks, I've had two white trash bastards accost me while in traffic. One in a crappy Nissan Sentra, and then again today, a guy driving a busted up RAV4 with cracked windshield, among other things.

The douche in the Nissan almost rearended me twice, all while hopping up and down in his seat like he had a ***** installed in the bottom of it.

The guy this morning, after asking me a few questions about the car, decided he would be cool and start cutting off people in traffic around me before deciding to go flying across two more lanes to get into a right turn lane...

Seriously... WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS WARN ME?!

Also, I finally got to say today for the first time, "Nope, it's only the 400HP one." " Oh. It go good?" "It's a GM. No." "" I won't lie though, it was funny watching him drive in traffic with his head hanging out of the window Ace Ventura style listening to my exhaust...

-meaty

I bought my V and took possession this past Friday. Ive had several cars try to mess with me but NOTHING beats this idiot 3 days ago. Monday I was in traffic during rush hour on 249 in Spring and some moron in a silver 350Z was trying to show off in front of me. He did the quick back and forth thing in the lane like he was trying to clear his tires from debris, then does a burn out in bumper to bumper traffic!! He waits for the car in front of him to move up....he floors it, does a little burn out then takes the empty left u-turn lane, but his Z cant take the corner. He locks up his brakes, slides hard and hits the curb with his passenger tires, gets air born a little bit, slides over a 10ft wide median and lands in oncoming traffic!!

Thank GOD there was no traffic coming his way but man was is funny to witness. The noise was just like in the movies where you hear the screech from the brakes then a metal crash. I picked up my wife and brought her back to show her and his Z was sitting on a flat bed and his wife and probably 9-10 year old daughter was there too......so hes even MORE of a moron driving like that with his wife and kid in the car.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats hilarious. But how did he fit the wife and kid in there? They are only 2 seats in there
Old 08-18-2011, 11:20 AM

Very carefully? or they showed up to drive him home after whipping him for being a moron....
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Launching!

I didn't see any other car to pick him up.....all 3 of them were standing on the median in the middle of 249. Maybe they parked in the CVS and they were there to comfort him....I know he needed new boxers after that. I was scared for him! Lol
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Launching!

LOL @ the Z driver. I still don't get very many people trying to race me though.

Two days ago I went to go visit a buddy of mine near Gulf Bank & Antoine. Anyone who knows the area knows it's pretty "hood". I was in his apt for about 20 mins. Come back out & there are 6-8 people checkin' out my car. I get bombarded with questions & "I bet it can't beat my Caprice". I LOL'd at that comment, but what killed is that they all waited around to hear me fire it up. And as usual, none of them knew it was a stick & most of them just thought it was a stock CTS with exhaust.

@RRsV - you need to catch the next C&C with us. We're trying to take over a whole row with nothing but Vs.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:47 PM

this is why my car is debadged. kinda understated. A conesure(sp?) will spot it. Others will doubtlessly and loudly claim in the open with me standing next to my car that its "just the regular one". And its freaking hilarious to me. Now when running people can normally tell and I assume once the cam/headers go on itll get MUCH worse.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RRsV
Thank GOD there was no traffic coming his way but man was is funny to witness. The noise was just like in the movies where you hear the screech from the brakes then a metal crash. I picked up my wife and brought her back to show her and his Z was sitting on a flat bed and his wife and probably 9-10 year old daughter was there too......so hes even MORE of a moron driving like that with his wife and kid in the car.
I had a guy try to race me on one of the WORST roads in town when I was still driving my no-exhaust '89 Mazda MX-6 Turbo. Dips, dives, pot holes, the WORST. He pulls up next to me with his windows down, stereo blaring, and trys to get me to run. His bimbo girlfriend is in the passenger seat, and then I saw an occupied baby seat in the back. Seriously, how ******* stupid are people these days? And what do they have to prove?

I did have a kid in a VW GTI give me the thumbs up. "I love those Veeee's!"

-meaty
Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

My brother lives in houston and I wouldnt mind the drive for a C&C meet!! Let me know when the next one is.

Originally Posted by Ekshail
LOL @ the Z driver. I still don't get very many people trying to race me though.

Two days ago I went to go visit a buddy of mine near Gulf Bank & Antoine. Anyone who knows the area knows it's pretty "hood". I was in his apt for about 20 mins. Come back out & there are 6-8 people checkin' out my car. I get bombarded with questions & "I bet it can't beat my Caprice". I LOL'd at that comment, but what killed is that they all waited around to hear me fire it up. And as usual, none of them knew it was a stick & most of them just thought it was a stock CTS with exhaust.

@RRsV - you need to catch the next C&C with us. We're trying to take over a whole row with nothing but Vs.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

man, all these stories.....i miss my V :-(
Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 408Maro
Thats hilarious. But how did he fit the wife and kid in there? They are only 2 seats in there
This is a very good point.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVT F15O
This is a very good point.
I've seen mature people that should "know better" come to Miata meets with a grandchild sitting on the floor boards of the passenger side...

Lots of idiots out there.

-meaty
Old 08-21-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekshail
I raced you
Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

no one really messes with me in mine, maybe that will change after the full exhaust goes in....

an M5 wanted some this weekend, so I started to play, then he stopped then he floored it to pass me and I caught him. He wouldn't go again, I think I hurt his Feelers

Quick Reply: Fair Warning to new owners/shoppers/exhaust Modders...