Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

So... I'm supposed to race a Mach 1 tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which cam did you decide to go with?
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 PM
D.K
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vmapper
My case? who are you? Did you even read all the posts?
I Owned a 1996 COBRA for 5 fn years.. how many you own? What I dont like is some *** telling me im wrong and i 'dont know', when I have dozens of dyno sheets telling me so and from my actual experience, considering you probably have none, would mean it was over-rated, MY car, My dyno runs, factory rating, I GUESS I got a **** build, but thats MY experience. Sure I got to 280 real quick, but that was with exhaust mods. that was my point. This argument was between Slithering and I, and Im fine with him dynoing 280, I never saw one do that, and im sure I could look in the archive folders and full a few more that did the same as me... regardless, it doesnt bother me that much.
What i dont like is the cheap stupid comment shot at the end stating that I dont know much.
The 4.6 was a torque-less GT, high revving engine with a fancy cobra intake, those cars were nothing special
Google is also loaded with tons of BS too. i dont own cars via internet, I go out and buy them, perhaps you should do the same.

go bother someone else you newbie with your 'guesses'.
So google allstar - how about YOU show me where there are ANY North American 2002 Mustang Cobras. or are you one of those retards that consider 100 cars being built a good manufacturing run. Since you THINK its BS and its something im spewing.
(this is quite pointless... sorry FRick.
Get over yourself dude. You keep arguing stuff that 1.) isn't relevant to the topic at hand, and 2.) you keep going back on. How about you continue on with the assumptions on who I am and what I know.
My response was to your blatantly ignorant comment(s) regarding 2002 Cobra production. At first you claimed 2002 Cobras were cancelled, now you're saying just for North America. Which is it now? It makes no difference to me how many were produced in the Australian market. There were no 2000 Cobras (and let me clarify this for you) outside from the Cobra R due to changes being made by Ford between the 1999 and 2001 model years. There was no 2002 Cobra (again, let me clarify this for you) outside of the few sent to Australia due to changes being made for the 2003 model year. The Terminator Cobras were released early. Do you see similarities between 2000 and 2002 Cobra production yet?
I could care less about your '96 Cobra, or how much power it put down. Point is you stated 280 to the wheels on a 305chp motor, and spouted more BS about how Mustangs are overrated because you couldn't manage more than 280. Cry me a river. The car probably wouldn't have put down more than 260 to the wheels stock, then you slapped on a few exhaust mods and got 280. Sounds logical and realistically rated to me. But dynos are testing tools and not factual statements about HP, so it's nothing more than a SWAG in the first place.
As far as me owning cars via the internet...that's pretty funny. Must be because I haven't picked up a V yet. The only thing funnier than your comment is the fact that I predicted the outcome of the race much more accurately than you, yet you own a V and had a 4v 4.6. Pretty damn hilarious ain't it?
Old 07-12-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D.K
Get over yourself dude. You keep arguing stuff that 1.) isn't relevant to the topic at hand, and 2.) you keep going back on. How about you continue on with the assumptions on who I am and what I know.
My response was to your blatantly ignorant comment(s) regarding 2002 Cobra production. At first you claimed 2002 Cobras were cancelled, now you're saying just for North America. Which is it now? It makes no difference to me how many were produced in the Australian market. There were no 2000 Cobras (and let me clarify this for you) outside from the Cobra R due to changes being made by Ford between the 1999 and 2001 model years. There was no 2002 Cobra (again, let me clarify this for you) outside of the few sent to Australia due to changes being made for the 2003 model year. The Terminator Cobras were released early. Do you see similarities between 2000 and 2002 Cobra production yet?
I could care less about your '96 Cobra, or how much power it put down. Point is you stated 280 to the wheels on a 305chp motor, and spouted more BS about how Mustangs are overrated because you couldn't manage more than 280. Cry me a river. The car probably wouldn't have put down more than 260 to the wheels stock, then you slapped on a few exhaust mods and got 280. Sounds logical and realistically rated to me. But dynos are testing tools and not factual statements about HP, so it's nothing more than a SWAG in the first place.
As far as me owning cars via the internet...that's pretty funny. Must be because I haven't picked up a V yet. The only thing funnier than your comment is the fact that I predicted the outcome of the race much more accurately than you, yet you own a V and had a 4v 4.6. Pretty damn hilarious ain't it?
har har har...yea, thats funny. Tip of the hat. Yes, the race was closer than I thought, You predicted more accurately than I. How the hell would i know if you owned a V or not. (shrug)

Last edited by vmapper; 07-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Originally Posted by vmapper
which cam did you decide to go with?
Pretty sure im going with Pat G speced with dual springs...
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

i raced a viper one time and pulled on him. im pretty sure he didnt give it his all....or he didnt know how to drive. my V was stock except for exhaust.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
1st gear roll Frick. I'm afraid it'll be the exact opposite as what happened the other
Night. he's gonna jump out a half car- car and it'll stay that way till you guys let out.
Agreed!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is now done.

-meaty
Attached Thumbnails So... I'm supposed to race a Mach 1 tonight...-frickwin.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol^^ nice
Old 07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wcryan
solid work, that was very close
i knew it would be closer than a lot were guessing. yeah there is a power difference, but the V's have not only more weight but more drivetrain loss as well. The wonderful torque of the 5.7/6.0's make up for the weight. The biggest mistake that Mach driver made was suggesting to go from a role. These V's pull like a freakin' train in the higher speeds. The 4.6's fall flat on their torque dreprived face after about 120mph or so.

regardless... i gave up my '02GT for the V. Loved the V and will be the first car that I purchase again (seeing as she's gone now )

The only thing I hated were the constant issues with the car (the V I'm speaking about). From electrical to misc it never quit. My next one will be an '07. No exceptions.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blk04V
The only thing I hated were the constant issues with the car (the V I'm speaking about). From electrical to misc it never quit. My next one will be an '07. No exceptions.
My girlfriends got an '07 CTS (non-V) and she's already having electrical issues with it *rollseyes* The lights on the dash will flicker from time to time.

Also, her CD changer is fucked. And she's only got 32k miles on it...

-meaty
Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Did you race? I'm betting on who gets has better traction and gets the jump. Your G Force should make a big difference at the start. Assume you're talking 1/4 mile?

Quick Reply: So... I'm supposed to race a Mach 1 tonight...