Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Short throw shifter options...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lubelizard
Pissnuoff's shifter by far.
That's what I've heard as well. However, I sent payment over 45 days ago and he has not responded once or given me an update.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know some personal issues and suppliers lagging on parts have kept things a little backed up, but he'll take care of everyone. He's treated me well, and I only know him from the forums.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Teching In

PISNUOFF shifter, poly bushings, GTO/HOLDEN ****&boot, and always keeping the clutch fluid fresh result in pure V shifting bliss for me.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Poly bushings and the GTO **** are what i plan to run on mine.

But curious how the pissnuoff stock modded shifter could be any better than the other stock modded shifter? They are all modded the same way.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whisler151
That's what I've heard as well. However, I sent payment over 45 days ago and he has not responded once or given me an update.
Yeah, I would caution anyone looking at this route to wait until he has caught up on his back orders... I have been waiting for my shifter to come back, I only sent mine in Sep 2010, and that was with me providing my spare up front to have modified... starting to feel like an automotive version of a ponzi scheme at this point

Originally Posted by lubelizard
I know some personal issues and suppliers lagging on parts have kept things a little backed up, but he'll take care of everyone. He's treated me well, and I only know him from the forums.
thats great, but if this is the case, then why keep taking new customers money? As with above, he needs to get head above water with the existing orders. Its ridiculous to think that it should take so long to do what everyone is refering to as being so easy...
Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Brian's (pisnuoff's) shifter is the best and well worth the wait. It is one of the cheapest options, has the shortest throw, looks stock to a dealer, and doesn't transmit any extra noise like some of the aftermarkets do. I was one of the rare people that had to wait a long time for my shifter (over 4 months) but it was just bad timing (he had no cores). I'm sure he has a good reason for the delay.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get this shifter as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...fter-70-a.html

You pay the core, and when you send back your OEM shifter, you get the money back.

Shorter lead time.

I have one, and it works great!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

^^^ that one or even modding it yourself the same way. I don't see what makes the pissnuoff any different when they are all modded the same way.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Yup, a great reason.... It jeeps getting lost in the mail, or he'll have it to me in a week... Perfectly acceptable reasons, maybe if it had only been a month or two. Regardless of whether or not it's worth the wait, there should be some responsibility from business side to keep your stuff handled
Old 07-19-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
^^^ that one or even modding it yourself the same way. I don't see what makes the pissnuoff any different when they are all modded the same way.

PISSNUOFF also puts a different/better bushing in the end of the shifter that really helps the feel of it.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonk
Yup, a great reason.... It jeeps getting lost in the mail, or he'll have it to me in a week... Perfectly acceptable reasons, maybe if it had only been a month or two. Regardless of whether or not it's worth the wait, there should be some responsibility from business side to keep your stuff handled
I agree the wait can be annoying, but you have to remember this is a forum member who is making these shifters for people, not a 9-5 job type company. He has been purchasing a lot of extra shifters, it is mostly people not sending in their cores, or taking a long time to send the cores in which has been his big delay…
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anyone needs a core to get modified so there car isnt shifterlessi can send mine in, you just cover the shipping and send me yours when you get the modified one. Just let me know.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
PISSNUOFF also puts a different/better bushing in the end of the shifter that really helps the feel of it.
Or you can get Azn2dmax's shifter for less and quicker that feels better than stock, but doesn't have his designed bushing.

Last edited by LAYGO; 07-20-2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: (Just read that Pisnuoff designed his own bushing)
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 AM
Launching!

When I got the 'kit' from PISNUOFF, it came with everything I needed including the uuc bushings I ordered, proper size drill bit for the rivets, lithium grease, locktite, and pictured instructions. The new bushing on the bottom of the shifter does make a difference too. Maybe the other guys that started offering this service after him include the same things.... I'm not sure.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 AM
TECH Veteran

All of those things are perks but the bushing is the only real difference. I'd like to know what he uses for his bushing and where he gets it. As for the rest, I have all of that in the garage anyway.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
All of those things are perks but the bushing is the only real difference. I'd like to know what he uses for his bushing and where he gets it. As for the rest, I have all of that in the garage anyway.
From the other forum:
Originally Posted by PISNUOFF
I replace all the bushings in the base of the shifter with ones that I designed. I also lower the **** height by 1/2". There is also zero noise/vibration transmitted through my shifters.
This I did not know. I'm interested in obtaining this part by itself.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Me too!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes when bored, I just click on the 100th page & just start reading interesting posts. Found this post on real shifter comparisons:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...read-time.html

Quick Reply: Short throw shifter options...