Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04-07 CTS-V (competitive driving mode selector) option or standard ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my 07 V the DIC had been recently replaced and was set to non V configuration. Whats interesting is one of the steering wheel controls on the right could could access voice recognition mode which made me wonder if somebody had done it intentionally as this is not accessibly in any way once it's set to V mode. The other 3 steering wheel controls did nothing or unintended actions so I doubt it but makes a person wonder. I quickly took it to a dealer who thought I was crazy until they finally figured out how to reset it, thus making the steering wheel controls operate as intended. This car will drive you crazy at times.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by garrettg
When I bought my 07 V the DIC had been recently replaced and was set to non V configuration. Whats interesting is one of the steering wheel controls on the right could could access voice recognition mode which made me wonder if somebody had done it intentionally as this is not accessibly in any way once it's set to V mode. The other 3 steering wheel controls did nothing or unintended actions so I doubt it but makes a person wonder. I quickly took it to a dealer who thought I was crazy until they finally figured out how to reset it, thus making the steering wheel controls operate as intended. This car will drive you crazy at times.
What is DIC?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Digital Info Center?

Damnit! It's Constricting!?

I can't decide which.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Driver Information Center. Many GM cars have a little screen in the center stack to show things like fuel economy, remaining range, oil life, etc. On the nav-equipped CTS, that was integrated into the nav display in a most irritating way. So DIC and Nav are sort of interchangable terms on our cars.

When you are changing modes via the traction control button, you will see the mode displayed on the DIC/Nav screen. Apparently if it isn't programmed for the V, it somehow prevents "Competitive Driving Mode" from being selectable.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aurora40
Driver Information Center. Many GM cars have a little screen in the center stack to show things like fuel economy, remaining range, oil life, etc. On the nav-equipped CTS, that was integrated into the nav display in a most irritating way. So DIC and Nav are sort of interchangable terms on our cars.

When you are changing modes via the traction control button, you will see the mode displayed on the DIC/Nav screen. Apparently if it isn't programmed for the V, it somehow prevents "Competitive Driving Mode" from being selectable.
I've wrestled with that question for a while now. My radio was replaced before I owned the car and not set to V mode. If I double tap the TC button in five secs the TC light stays lit and I almost never see stability control kick in. Maybe two times in the past year and I hit some back twisties pretty hard at times. I believe the car is still in competitive mode but the nav just doesn't show it.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
What is DIC?
Not sure if it would make any difference but there is a T/C button inside the glove box on the top left when you open the door. You can hold it down to access Comp Mode or System Off. It may still be constricted due to not being flashed correctly but it's worth a shot if you haven't tried that yet.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Teching In

My 04 is not switching either I guess I will have to get a ref lash
Old 03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

I read recently that it still puts you in comp mode but does not display it. I've never had this issue though though so I cannot say for sure
Old 03-12-2014, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an incorrectly flashed radio, comp mode is not displayed but is still engaged with two TC button taps.

Quick Reply: 04-07 CTS-V (competitive driving mode selector) option or standard ?