Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What to do? Debate inside...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperLS6
Challenge yourself, take the V to a road course.
i would love too...but no road courses with in 150 miles of where I live. closest one is Eagle Canyon, and they are crazy expensive. And with my work, it hard to jusity the cost of membership when I would only use it once or twice.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
Nobody looks at a car project as an investment. There are very few hobbies that are worth the money you put into them. We do it because its fun.
I meant making the financial investment (not implying that it was for financial gain). If someone is planning on building up something, why 'invest' or spend hard earned cash in the V1 platform - that the OP would likely not be happy with - rather than 'investing' in the C6 Z or V2 platform? That was my point.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

I know the feeling having to travel 4 hours to Road America and 7 hours to Autobahn by Chicago. The drag strip is only 3.5 hours. (BTDT)

The effort is well worth it. The V1 with good 2pc rotors and pads and some fluid changes represents well on the road course.

IMO the V is right at home on the road course. For me it's all about seat time on the track. Take the cost and divide it by minutes or seconds to see your on track cost.

By the way, if you do try a road course fill your car up during the lunch break.

Back to your original question, keep the V and pick up a 99-00 FRC fixed roof coupe C5 Vette and build it as you want when you want. The C5 Z06 has to be the best bang for the buck with all the aftermarket availability.

Have fun and be safe.

It is cheaper to buy a built car than it is to build it.

Last edited by yooperLS6; 08-02-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: and
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

I am in the same boat right now Cole. I am so torn btw keeping this car and putting a TVS 2300 on it with a new rear and axles or getting a V2. I prefer the look of the V1 so much more.

I would love a C6Z but I have a 2yr old and any sports car I own he is going to want to ride in all the time. He points out "codettes" (his word for corvette) all the time. He goes to the window to point out my car all the time as well. He actually indentifies people with the car they drive. Pretty sad but I created it. lol.

I have a nice chunk of change burning a hole in my pocket and recently accepted a new position making a great deal more money. Just dont want to make an impulse purchase. I have been looking at E60 M5 lately too but the cost of maintenance is scaring me away. Lexus IS-F is also an option for me. I need to make a decision soon though as I want to sell this car before my work commute doubles and I pour the miles on her. Only has 37K right now.

Last edited by big reg; 08-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: What to do? Debate inside...