Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

TPMS questions. Already looked in FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation competative mode or stability off

Originally Posted by swiss
Ah, so it sounds like if you're missing one sensor, you get locked out, but if you don't have any TPMS for 50-60 miles, it gives up and let's you do what you want.
I actually had stabitlity control off in my 04 V having some fun, when the NAV popped up and said "stability system enabled" confused at first since this ended the fun, my DIC then displayed the tire warning symbol, my back right sensor starting reading 0. I have now driven far enough with this sensor off that it just has the --- while the other three are reading correctly still. I still cant get into competative mode or turn it completely off. Did you ever remove all or replace your sensors to get these modes back swiss?
Thanks,
Mat
Old 07-13-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

If I'm reading this thread correctly, there is a way to completely disable the tpms? If this is the case please do tell me how. For the love of god tell me how.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CadiMat
I actually had stabitlity control off in my 04 V having some fun, when the NAV popped up and said "stability system enabled" confused at first since this ended the fun, my DIC then displayed the tire warning symbol, my back right sensor starting reading 0. I have now driven far enough with this sensor off that it just has the --- while the other three are reading correctly still. I still cant get into competative mode or turn it completely off. Did you ever remove all or replace your sensors to get these modes back swiss?
Thanks,
Mat
I've still got my tpms. No personal experience, just something I had read. Sorry, wish I was more help!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 AM

I've still got my tpms. No personal experience, just something I had read. Sorry, wish I was more help!
But did you get it resolved in the end? Also, has anyone used the "orange electric" tpm sensors? They have some good reviews, but a cheaper price is always scary. Let me know if anyone had used them.
Thanks,
Mat
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

I have a set for sale. Here:

Look at this on eBay:

TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring OE GM #25774006 CADILLAC BUICK CHEVROLET SET OF 4

http://bit.ly/NX8L6d
Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CadiMat
But did you get it resolved in the end? Also, has anyone used the "orange electric" tpm sensors? They have some good reviews, but a cheaper price is always scary. Let me know if anyone had used them.
Thanks,
Mat
I never had any problems. I've always had tpms, no issues. I did have them rebuilt when I had the tires mounted about a year ago. Just figured it was a good idea (the rebuild kits are dirt cheap) while the tires were off anyway.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

I never had any problems. I've always had tpms, no issues. I did have them rebuilt when I had the tires mounted about a year ago. Just figured it was a good idea (the rebuild kits are dirt cheap) while the tires were off anyway.
How do you rebuild them? I've only heard of replacing the whole sensor, but if there's a cheaper option that would be nice.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

They replace the rubber gasket and the nut that holds them to the wheel. Tire shops call that "rebuilt"
Don't waste your money
Old 07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Mine also came with new electronics. I got them from whereever I ordeed the tires, but I think most tire shops have them available too.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Mine are all gone and only have comp mode when all four wheels read --- . but eveytime i restart the car its right back reading 2 of the sensors some how. its really pissing me off!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 AM
On The Tree

why don't you just swap your sensors off your stock wheels to your new wheels? With a kit, they're like $2.49 at advance?

Quick Reply: TPMS questions. Already looked in FAQ