Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

USA-SPEC iPod adapter (sound quality?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the pac-50 and it works fine, sound quality is great. Interface sucks *** for the head unit, but once set to using the Iphone as controls it works perfect.
The only strange thing is every once in awhile it sets me from KM/hr (metric) to M/hr (imperial) It's kind of wierd seeing as i have to go to main-setup-measurements and then select it back to metric on the head unit. It usually does it when I start the car, but sometimes it does it while I'm driving.
One minute I'm doing 100 then I look down and I'm doing 60, or I'm doing 60 but really I'm doing 100.
Pretty sure it's related seeing as it only started doing it once i hooked it up.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only obnoxious thing I've noticed from installing this, is I used to have an iPhone 3g for my "iPod."

When I had the iPhone as my music source, I'd come out to the car, and the music would be right where I left it, same part of the song, and then the display would show the artist/title/ etc.

I recently bought a brand new iPod Classic 160gb, and now when I come out to the car after long periods, the music would start all over, back from the top, at the A's, every damned time. It wouldn't continue from where it left off, etc.

It's just frustrating having to start the car, wait a few moments, and then pop the iPod into "Direct" and then using the iPod to go down to shuffle, and then put it back.

Other than that, I've been pretty happy with it.

As far as Apples iPhone and iPod... not so much.

-meaty
Old 05-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Hey all,

So I installed the PA15 Vette into my 05 cts-v... It is charging the ipod, but I cannot cycle through to XM anymore. I have re-attached the factory one and XM works, so not sure what is going on??
Anyone run into this? What is the proper DIP setting? I have tried multiple different ones, but if someone has one that works on an cts-v can you tell me what DIP you are using?

Thank!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Connect everything up, and pull the 10A fuse in the fuse box, left side, under rear seat that says "Audio". Leave it unplugged for 5 min.

Plug it back in again, see if it works. May need to reset the Head Unit.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrSpeed
Connect everything up, and pull the 10A fuse in the fuse box, left side, under rear seat that says "Audio". Leave it unplugged for 5 min.

Plug it back in again, see if it works. May need to reset the Head Unit.
Hmm... Tired it, after that, even detatched my batter for 20 mins.. still charging but no XM channel... tried again with the XM plugged back in and xm channel pops up, plugged the IPOD adapted back again and no XM...
Old 05-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Cts-v2, I'm having the same problem.... Let me know if u find a fix, I'll do the same
Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigTuna819
Cts-v2, I'm having the same problem.... Let me know if u find a fix, I'll do the same
So... I took out the multimeter... the power wires ( I assume they were the power were yellow) worked, hence the charging of the IPOD, but my black wire showed nothing... So I ran a new wire... Still nothing, so I detached the battery, waited five minutes and it worked!... I waited a few more minutes, shut the car off and tried again, no XM... so I tried the battery again, and it has now been working for the last 6 hours! So one of my wires was no good ... I purchased it from EBAY .. but whatever, it is working now!

Update - Day two and still working, so I think it is all set. Thanks guys!

Last edited by CTS-V2; 05-29-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: USA-SPEC iPod adapter (sound quality?)