Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Aftermarket aluminum radiator install thread- ALRADCO (American Made!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that upper piece probably will help, although you do have the hood above it (not as effective though)...The more important thing is a good shroud on the fan side (pullers) though.

Be nice to make a nice aluminum unit (upper piece), even if it were painted, anodized, etc. Hate all this plastic we have on these cars.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk about a well written install thread. Thanks for the good words James and guys.
Once James gets a few miles in and we make sure we didn't miss anything, we'll be ready to go. Maybe a group buy as well.

Peter
Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I finally got some seat time in the V and I am very happy! I decided to swap my Tstat out for a 160 in preparation for a tune, and I was surprised to see I was able to swap the tstat with the radiator and all still in the car. I was scared I was going to have to remove it all to get clearance. Cadillac didn’t leave us too much room to work with!

Anyhow, with the 160 stat and the ALRADCO radiator in, the car runs nice and cool. In our high 70’s/ low 80’s temps we have had lately, the car stays right at 174-176 while cruising. I did several back to back 0-120 mph runs to see if it heats up at all while pushing it hard, and she didn’t even raise a degree. It actually dropped a few degrees.

Thanks Peter for another killer radiator!!!

It looks like everything is a go on this radiator according to Peter, so if you want one, hit him up and preorder. If these are anything like the Grand National radiators, they flew off the shelves in a heartbeat! Like Peter said above “I will also have special discount pricing for those that want to pre-order and get in on the first production run.” $449 + shipping; can’t beat that!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
D.K
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Squid4life
It looks like everything is a go on this radiator according to Peter, so if you want one, hit him up and preorder. If these are anything like the Grand National radiators, they flew off the shelves in a heartbeat! Like Peter said above “I will also have special discount pricing for those that want to pre-order and get in on the first production run.” $449 + shipping; can’t beat that!
How long until they are available? I'm trying to hold off on replacing my leaky stocker until I can snag 1 of these rads.

EDIT** Not available until December. Well...here's to a 2 month hold out!

Last edited by D.K; 10-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice write up Squid!! When mine goes bye bye, I'll be hooking up on of these.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Squid4life
Well, I finally got some seat time in the V and I am very happy! I decided to swap my Tstat out for a 160 in preparation for a tune, and I was surprised to see I was able to swap the tstat with the radiator and all still in the car. I was scared I was going to have to remove it all to get clearance. Cadillac didn’t leave us too much room to work with!

Anyhow, with the 160 stat and the ALRADCO radiator in, the car runs nice and cool. In our high 70’s/ low 80’s temps we have had lately, the car stays right at 174-176 while cruising. I did several back to back 0-120 mph runs to see if it heats up at all while pushing it hard, and she didn’t even raise a degree. It actually dropped a few degrees.

Thanks Peter for another killer radiator!!!

When your coolant is at 176* where is your oil temp at assuming your car is warmed up and running at normal operating temps? When I ran the 160* temp oil would never get past 185* unless I was doing a track day or it was 100* ambient. Are you still getting oil up past 200* with ease?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by D.K
How long until they are available? I'm trying to hold off on replacing my leaky stocker until I can snag 1 of these rads.

EDIT** Not available until December. Well...here's to a 2 month hold out!
Yeah, but it'll be worth it!

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Nice write up Squid!! When mine goes bye bye, I'll be hooking up on of these.
Thanks brother, just trying to do it right like you did the 9" thread!

Originally Posted by garrettg
When your coolant is at 176* where is your oil temp at assuming your car is warmed up and running at normal operating temps? When I ran the 160* temp oil would never get past 185* unless I was doing a track day or it was 100* ambient. Are you still getting oil up past 200* with ease?
Once it gets to operating temp (oil and water) cruising on the highway hitting 176* coolant, oil will hit almost dead on what you said; 185* oil temps. If I beat on it a little, or get off the highway and get into traffic, the oil temps will get up higher like ~200+, but not way up like it used to.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just saw a thread on Cadillac Forums about a Ron Davis radiator. Why the heck is this Ron Davis rad. almost $900 !!!!! Does anyone see any advantages or disadvantages?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-radiator.html
Old 11-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
I just saw a thread on Cadillac Forums about a Ron Davis radiator. Why the heck is this Ron Davis rad. almost $900 !!!!! Does anyone see any advantages or disadvantages?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-radiator.html
If I had to answer the question as to why it is so much $, its because most of the time aftermarket manufacturers know they have you cornered and can ask what they want. I am sure it is not cheap to make these rads, whether the RD or the ALRADCO. The difference is who is selling it usually. Some people tend to be more concerned with padding their pockets, while others do it for the love of the hobby, while also making a little money. They could ask more, and probably wouldn't affect sales, but it wasn't about the $.

To be honest, when I first starting talking to Peter about a rad for the V, I suggested a price that I would be willing to pay, that I thought others would pay, and I thought everyone would be comfortable with, and was curious what he was going to be charging. I was way off, his price is much lower! That shows a lot in my opinion!

Thanks again Peter! This rad is still going strong. I have been beating on the car, driving it a lot, sitting in hot traffic for nearly an hour, and still not a single issue. She cools much, much better than the stocker.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Mine just sprung a leak at the crimps right above the lower hose outlet. I want one of these radiators but I'm getting tired of band-aiding this GM turd.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Launching!

can you om me more information about the one for the grand national, I am working on my el co and need a radiator... that has both openings on the passenger side and provisions for the steam line for the head... thanks
Old 11-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Here is my GN rad install thread. Peter does amazing work!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

So, three months and counting on the radiator from ALRADCO. Still going strong, and not one single issue. My work schedule changed up a bit the past month or so, which means driving to a different location, being stuck in traffic for up to an hour. Here in San Diego, we have still been having 84 degree days too. Not a problem!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Restricted User

Good to hear James.
Radiators are ready to go this week.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any updates?

I just replaced my tstat with a 165* and it still gets up to 220*. WTF? Must be the Radiator.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 54inches
Any updates?

I just replaced my tstat with a 165* and it still gets up to 220*. WTF? Must be the Radiator.
*** im glad I'm not alone on the hotter days in the 80s i also see the 218s ,220s at times then I'm sitting at a light. Stresses the hell out of me! While cruising im at 195-205 usually. Before my accident I used to run in the high 180s granted it was november so it seems weird. I also dont have a 160 deg so I dont know how much that would help.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep, the po of mine had just replaced the water pump, belt and hoses, sooooo
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

So how do I go about buying one of these radiators, and not a 900$ Davis?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Staging Lane

I have been driving the **** out of this car, lots of miles all over CA and no issues. It's a beast! Been running it hard too, because after the LS7 clutch install it is a different car! Car has been great anf trouble-free. No leaks, always runs cool.

As for buying, I don't want to get banned again but just add .com to the rad name and you will find it.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 54inches
Any updates?

Get a tune to turn the fan on at a lower temperature.
My car with a stock radiator and 165* tstat runs 176* on the freeway and traffic 188*.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket aluminum radiator install thread- ALRADCO (American Made!)