Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Diablo tuner locked to a 2004 cts-v, will it work on my 2005 v???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, it doesn't work! You need to just sell your handheld to me for $50.00 un used...

Anyone wanna help me tune my car? 8-)
Old 09-23-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha! I'm having a really hard time saying this but **** NO! lol

Honestly, this little handheld is bad *** to have as a diagnostic tool. It's cool being able to read and clear codes without having to go somewhere to have someone else do it.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey greddy any dif in the trinity and the predator functionally except the fancy stuff? and was also wondering about those programs diablo can write for you based on your mods??? any word on those cause I dont wanna f*** up the car messing with it myself. Tuned to the max you seem to be the person to ask
Old 09-23-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

You can order custom tunes from diablo at additional cost. I hear they are good. Tell them your mods and they create a tune and send it to you in a file on your computer which is then loaded to the handheld using the VGA/USB cable and furthermore onto your car. Prob just as good as any other mail order tune where u send ur mod list and they send u a tuned PCM. I'm not sure what it costs though. Something about having it tuned on a dyno just seems like the best option for the biggest gain. They can see exactly what the car is doing on the dyno and by watching the laptop and adjust it to perfection.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kl2onik
while we're on the subject any dif between the predator and the trinity besides the bs gauges, mounting it in your car, and the $300 price dif...also that new superchips vivid came out anyone test it out or heard anything about it???
Trinity is one part number for Ford/Dodge/GM all in one tool, can save/hold multiple datalogs, can hold up to 8 custom tunes, has a virtual dragstrip, on screen gauges, and more.

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Don't know anything about those. I was told the predator was the handheld to get. Bought it but found out it can't turn off the rear o2's so I need a dynotune now. That's why I'm selling my predator. The factory tune has already been returned to my car and the tuner is ready to go. It's honestly a pretty good tune for a handheld and the fact that it works as a diagnostic tool is cool too but nothing will be better than a custom dynotune.
You can get a simple custom tune from any of our CMR tuners to disable the rear O2s, its just not something the EPA will allow us to have in the tool itself.

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Wow! I stand corrected! I didn't realize these things had that much capability. Maybe I need to try mine again and play with it some more. So... If I'm understanding this right, there is still a way to turn off the o2's on these? Because I get a CEL about every 50 miles or so from running catless and I've just kept clearing the code with the handheld. I'd like to play with the tuning but how safe is that for someone with no tuning experience? Last thing I'd want to do is tear something up by making the wrong adjustments... Lol
As mentioned, no, its no longer in the tool, but you can get a custom tune to do anything you want

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmmm... Mike... What would I be looking at to get a custom tune done by you guys to turn off my rear o2's and tune my car for the mods I currently have?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply mike you def are the person to talk to about these. I heard the custom tunes are around $50??? Let me know please as I will prob be getting a trinity in the next few days. Thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Launching!

You guys have the ultimate authority in your thread now, so probably best to keep directing questions at him.

I will say I have no experience with any other tuners than HPTuner and Diablo - couldn't tell you how anything else compares.

I sought out the Diablo for the V due to the EXTREME amount of success I had in tuning my 02 Mustang GT with it.

Get on the Diablo forum and read/research - there is a "how to tune LS motors" guide. It is simple enough for any Joe to understand and yet complex enough to be extremely effective.

The detractors of the handhelds will say mail order tunes blow, and the methodology is sound to some extent, but an authorized tuner is capable of delivering a dyno tune through this handheld. The capability is there, it just has to be explored.

Again - consider all facets:
- level of mods today - planned level of mods total.
- Will you be comfortable doing the reasearch and investing the time in doing the seat of the pants tuning on your own?
- Would you be bothered by knowing you might be able to squeeze more hp out of your setup?

Mike - I think the tuner NeverSatisfied has has an elder software revision on it - can you officially confirm or deny that the sensors can be disabled on early revisions versus the current rev?

Quick Reply: Diablo tuner locked to a 2004 cts-v, will it work on my 2005 v???