Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

05 cts-v rocking at idle? clunk in drivetrain?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011 | 02:50 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
I have the same problem after installing the CS mounts...feels like the exhaust is touching the frame but its not. It especially feels like total **** on cold startup and anytime during low RPM's. I have contemplated going with the solid on the drivers side and a factory mount on the passenger side but don't know if it would help or hurt it.

I am honestly thinking that replacing the factory mounts every 10k miles would be better off than dealing with this.

Has anyone tried a solid drivers and factory passenger mount combo?
I have to clarify this, while I did notice this more once I installed the C/S mounts I believe my issue's are tune related. I had a "Custom dyno tune" done at BEHE performance in Eldersburg, MD (Lindsay recommends them, which should change very shortly) and John B. who did the tuning left everything STOCK except for changing one injector setting and raping the PE (power enrichment) tables, which he set to be enabled at only 18% throttle. I will discuss this in a later thread where the tunes are posted for everyone to see.

***Read every VE and MAF table is completely STOCK on a Maggied motor with 8 lbs of boost***

Oh, and as an added surprise, EVERY DTC for lean exhaust, cross counts, MAP performance, etc had been completely disabled. I am lucky to still have a motor.

The mounts let me feel everything that was happening rather than dampening it.

Quick Reply: 05 cts-v rocking at idle? clunk in drivetrain?