Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New Product from UMI Performance- 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011 | 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

Actually new mounts will still sag with engine weight. Supposedly when UUC built their first mount, they did not account for softness of the stock mount and theirs where too tall.

Last edited by raven154; 11-01-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2011 | 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

Just to clarify, we are not looking for used mounts for fitment. We like to have factory parts in stock to reference for sales reps or possibly a dimension. In this case we just want a set in stock if we ever need to reference a factory set. We keep a lot of factory items here on the shelf to reference.
Old 11-01-2011 | 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ordered a set yesterday - hope to have them soon.
Old 11-02-2011 | 01:46 AM
Launching!

Also waiting on feedback! I am just worried these will be seriously stiff and add a lot of vibration into the cabin.

Last edited by xbladr; 11-02-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2011 | 08:01 PM
Teching In

Hopefully someone will install this weekend and post some feedback.
Old 11-06-2011 | 06:08 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Wondering if it is possible for UMI to use standard rubber bushings vice poly to get some of the harshness out. Problem is, most of us are not at power levels that mandate solid mounts however since the stockers suck sooo bad we have no other choice.

I am thinking that if rubber bushings were an option, we would still have an almost bulletproof mount that won't rattle your skull all the damn time. I don't know if anyone feels the same as I do, however I would still like it to still retain some of the Cadillac qualities.

So, to the good men at UMI, is it possible to make a mount that uses a standard off the shelf rubber bushings (like a C/K lower control arm bushing, for example) in order to have an improved than stock piece while maintaining noise/vibration/harshness control and while being rebuild-able with off the shelf parts? If you can make it happen, I'll buy a set and send you my CS solid mounts!

Last edited by DMM; 11-06-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2011 | 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

has there been reports of these being too harsh?
Old 11-06-2011 | 06:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DMM
Wondering if it is possible for UMI to use standard rubber bushings vice poly to get some of the harshness out. Problem is, most of us are not at power levels that mandate solid mounts however since the stockers suck sooo bad we have no other choice.

I am thinking that if rubber bushings were an option, we would still have an almost bulletproof mount that won't rattle your skull all the damn time. I don't know if anyone feels the same as I do, however I would still like it to still retain some of the Cadillac qualities.

So, to the good men at UMI, is it possible to make a mount that uses a standard off the shelf rubber bushings (like a C/K lower control arm bushing, for example) in order to have an improved than stock piece while maintaining noise/vibration/harshness while being rebuild-able with off the shelf parts? If you can make it happen, I'll buy a set and send you my CS solid mounts!
I agree with this 100%.
Old 11-06-2011 | 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i still ask has anyone complained about this being overly harsh?
Old 11-06-2011 | 07:30 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
On-car testing reports indicate minimal cabin noise and a sporty feel.

Originally Posted by aurora40
Just curious, what does that mean in relation to a motor mount?

Also, great looking product, and glad to see some new alternatives to OEM. Some of the other alternatives just don't seem that great.
I have no idea how "harsh" they are supposed to be, but I know what I was told about the CS mounts before I bit and I would have rather kept doing the stock mounts every 5k miles than deal with the CS BS. Makes the car horrible to drive IMO. Its not a track only Camaro with a 175 shot, it's still a Cadillac and I think it should feel like one...just with a little more go power. Besides, being a captured design mount, even if the rubber bushings were to wear out I don't think you would see nearly the amount of movement as the stock mounts when they go.

Poly has virtually no give, so I would guess that the UMI mounts would probably feel very close to the solid poly CS mounts that I so despise.

Last edited by DMM; 11-06-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2011 | 09:51 PM
Launching!

someone install these soon before the introductory price ends! I have headers to instal and need mounts too!
Old 11-07-2011 | 04:22 AM
TECH Addict

You guys must be old.
Old 11-07-2011 | 06:39 AM
Launching!

no I just have a wife and a kid that I need to cart around in the car with me and I dont want to hear any bitching!
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i want a reliable mount that keeps the ride quality.. we need vids from in the car at different rpms to really tell

Originally Posted by DMM
Poly has virtually no give, so I would guess that the UMI mounts would probably feel very close to the solid poly CS mounts that I so despise.
so you hated the Black CS MM?? honestly i love the ride quality with the gray CS MM but their durability is questionable w/ just 10k on them.. just like the stockers
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:21 AM
FormerVendor

Do some research on the RC51 mounts, we are using a very similar durometer bushing. Our mounts will offer the same feel.
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:22 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
so you hated the Black CS MM?? honestly i love the ride quality with the gray CS MM but their durability is questionable w/ just 10k on them.. just like the stockers
Yeah man, on start up, shut down, and low speed operation (parking lot maneuvers) it sounds like the exhaust is grounded on the frame. Also, there is a vibration from 2100 - 2500 which is right at highway cruising that really drives me nuts. Maybe I got a bad set, but these things are garbage.

I originally thought the tune had a lot to do with it, I was wrong.
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I want to review mine..... but they shipped two days after I was told they would. It took a month to get my subframe connectors when I went UMI years ago. Only two experiences but I'm starting to wonder.

Will be delivered tomorrow and I'll let you guys know if I get them in. Weather is supposed to be bad. Would have been nice to have Friday.
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:44 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Hey all, not trying to imply that these are going to have problems, I have poly mounts now and am really not happy with the ride quality. That is all.

We could all swap out every rubber bushing in the entire suspension and it would handle a little better, but it would ride like **** so the compromise is not worth it to most (and definitely not to me).

So, rather than buy the mounts and try to drive softer bushings in myself after spending hours to find a set with the correct ID and OD, I figured I would ask if they could be made available with a softer rubber bushing.

Besides, I have already spent $250 on mounts to not be happy once already.
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gabbiani
I want to review mine..... but they shipped two days after I was told they would. It took a month to get my subframe connectors when I went UMI years ago. Only two experiences but I'm starting to wonder.

Will be delivered tomorrow and I'll let you guys know if I get them in. Weather is supposed to be bad. Would have been nice to have Friday.
Sorry about any issues you might have had. The mounts are a brand new item and we are running a group purchase on them, we are building them as fast as they are ordered. Please remember we are manufacturer as well as a reseller, we are not a Summit Racing, we don't have thousands of items preboxed on the shelf and ready to ship. A lot of items are built to order or sitting uncoated because of the two colors we offer. Offering color choices forces us to try to stock double the items as well.

Again I apologize. Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 11-07-2011 | 09:12 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Very few RC51 mount reviews, but here is one of them from '09. Raven154 was complaining about the vibes around 2k before he got the engine balanced, so it seems that dreaded highway speed vibration will still be there. Here is the whole thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...-you-guys.html

Old 07-02-2009, 03:58 AM #5
JOHN_DEERE_LS6
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 10

yeha i seen he pured some urethene in it but i dont even no where to get that crap or anything, or mixtures, yikes... the solid motor mount are nice but i think the vibration is gonna take a while to get used to... i was very comfortable with my smooth, quiet yet nimble caddy... now it feels like im in a full out drag car minus the open headers haha i hope a cam and full exhaust cover or at least take my mind off the new found vibrations...
JOHN_DEERE_LS6 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Last edited by DMM; 11-07-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Quick Reply: New Product from UMI Performance- 2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Motor Mounts