Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04 ctsV questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMM
It weighs a little more than you think...the Maggie/intake assembly and two and a half gallons of coolant alone are almost 100 lbs. Add the tank, HEX, magnavolt, tubing, wiring, brackets, pump, hose clamps, etc and you are almost there if not on the nose. I have not weighed it, but I have pulled the crap apart enough times on my own to know its not as light as you think.

Besides, the weight penalty we are talking about here is worth about 10 hp, hardly noticeable in probably 95% of people given how they drive their cars.

Hookers and blow FTW.
Just sent my maggie with intercooler and intake manifold back to magnuson for warranty work. It weighed 73lbs. The magnavolt, maybe 1 lb. the hex and reservoir tank, maybe 10lbs. together. if you look at all the stuff you take off as well I would put the net weight gain at about 75lbs.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 01smokes
I could find stock motors for around that much or cheaper. I'm not looking for anything crazy or anything.
Parts for CTS-V's ain't cheap.

Good luck finding an LS6 or LS2 in good running shape for what you have to spend.

Even doing all the labor yourself, I think you are still gonna come up short.

Sounds like a project for sure.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals
Parts for CTS-V's ain't cheap.

Good luck finding an LS6 or LS2 in good running shape for what you have to spend.

Even doing all the labor yourself, I think you are still gonna come up short.

Sounds like a project for sure.
Just picked up a low mile ls6 out of a 04 zo6 for $1,500. Now I gotta decide on what cam I want to use. Anyone have any suggestions. It had a T-Rex in it before and it drove like *** IMO so I'm looking for something street able but still offers good power.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01smokes
Just picked up a low mile ls6 out of a 04 zo6 for $1,500. Now I gotta decide on what cam I want to use. Anyone have any suggestions. It had a T-Rex in it before and it drove like *** IMO so I'm looking for something street able but still offers good power.
EPS 230/238 112lsa.

Contact engine power systems to order.

Quick Reply: 04 ctsV questions.