Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Would you sell the V for a TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i loved the tbss but wanted a full size truck so i took my 04 tahoe, did a 6/9 drop, silverado SS conversion bumpers and wheels- then did headers, full exhaust, built trans, cam, nitrous, and tune- it was a fun truck, but was totally impractical- im sad i got rid of it but wouldnt trade it for my 05V
Old 11-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aurora40
What kind of tires? I put on Dunlop Wintersport M3's for last winter, and the car was a dream to drive. We had a big snowstorm that the V made it through just fine as my DD. Only limit was ground clearance. I felt it performed slightly better than our FWD cars with *good* all-season tires.

And if you want to enjoy the TBSS, I'd have to think you'll want some summer tires on it. So you don't cut down on tires/rims.
I have the Michelin X-Ice Xi2s. They were brand new last winter. If I was to buy the TBSS I am looking at, it has brand new tires with 500 miles on them. I would use those all year round. A nice all season tire is just fine for me for all the seasons. The TBSS is going to be my DD not my toy. I have the Camaro for that.

Originally Posted by traenknerperformance
i love the look and performance of a TBSS but working at a dealer for 7 years- the trail blazer/envoy platform had way too many issues with it. at the end of the day you would be giving up a caddy for a trailblazer....
Yea any platform you buy into is going to have issues. My dad works at a GM dealership so that really helps when it comes to getting things done cheaply. That is why I tend to stick with GM cars/trucks
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Teching In

I've owned both a 06 tbss and a 07 jeep srt-8 and the jeep was everything the tbss wished it was. Better seats, better nav and sound system, way better interior, better brakes and tranny. The tbss I had was 2 wheel drive so I could smoke the rears but "torque management" still took the fun out of things. the built in air compressor and self leveling rear was nice for towing and if memory serves the tbss could tow like 2000lbs more there but I never towed anything heavy with either. Both got 10-12 mpg and maybe 15 hyw so it was a moot point. I also personally liked the looks of the jeep better. I only kept the tbss for about 9 months and 14000 miles before getting a demo 07 jeep and didn't have any issues with it. With the jeep I went through a set of tires and front brake pads and had a leaky steering rack replaced under warranty in 35000 miles and 18 months of owning it. I did just pick up my 07 cts-v and I really considered getting another jeep and still might once the wives car gets paid off, I really enjoyed that ownership experience aside from the gas mileage.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We had an 08 TBSS and ditched it for the G8. I guess its all in what you want.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a s/c'ed SRT8 Jeep and still like the V more. Don't do it.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Launching!

I would love to have an SRT8 for all the reasons listed above. I like them a ton and realize they are better than the trailblazer in almost every category. At the same time, I am paying cash for whatever I buy and the SRT8 is still a bit out of my price range.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Ive had two 08 TBSS's and both had multiple issues and some of the same issues. One I bought new and the other used with very low mileage. I say dont sell the V for a TBSS.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Ive had two 08 TBSS's and both had multiple issues and some of the same issues. One I bought new and the other used with very low mileage. I say dont sell the V for a TBSS.
What kind of issues did you have with them?
Old 11-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honest i would keep the v, have went for rides in both and if i had to pick im taking the v all day and twice on sunday
Old 11-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SScamaro2001
What kind of issues did you have with them?
1st one:
brand new at 900 miles A/C went.
window would pop out of the track at 80mph. kind of funny lol
driver seat rocked in position

2nd one:
check engine light and limp mode
rough idle, and stuttering-probably same problem as above
seat rocked in position

My new 2011 CTSV-PERFECT
Old 12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat trying to get rid of my V for a TBSS. The SS i wanted sold out from under me and the next day i found a SRT8 jeep for a steal of a deal so i bought it. Other than drinking gas i love it man, there is nothing like launching the crap out of a 5000lb suv. The jeep surprises me and others everytime i drive it. Just dont make sense for it to be as quick as it is lol. But i would have bought the SS if he wouldnt have sold it. I loved my V and the looks it got but there aint nothing like jumping in a car and just driving no worries of clunks or broke rear ends.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

I've had both. At the end of the day, the TBSS is still just a trailblazer.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by joehernandez86
I was in the same boat trying to get rid of my V for a TBSS. The SS i wanted sold out from under me and the next day i found a SRT8 jeep for a steal of a deal so i bought it. Other than drinking gas i love it man, there is nothing like launching the crap out of a 5000lb suv. The jeep surprises me and others everytime i drive it. Just dont make sense for it to be as quick as it is lol. But i would have bought the SS if he wouldnt have sold it. I loved my V and the looks it got but there aint nothing like jumping in a car and just driving no worries of clunks or broke rear ends.
I would love to have an SRT8 but I think they are a little out of my price range and I like the fact that that SS gets better gas mileage.

Quick Reply: Would you sell the V for a TBSS