Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pics of my 2006 Black/Black V

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my 2006 Black/Black V

Hey, Just recently joined and havent really had a chance to upload some pics of my beauty. I picked it up alittle over 3 weeks ago with only 30,000 miles. It is originally a Texas car but when it had 5,000 miles, a fellow from Toronto, Ontario had bought it and had it delivered to canada. Overall, everything is great except the gas mileage and the left differential axle seal is leaking abit. I recently ordered 2x Cherry bomb 577577 2.5" to 4" slant cut double wall tips to do a muffler delete. Also had 15% tint put all around. I dont really know alot about GM cars, so I could really use some recommendation and intelligent input.

Before the tints:

after the 15% tints all around...

Sexy *** muffler tips...

My plans for this car, down the road:
Kooks 1 7/8" LT's with Kooks catted connections
Short shifter
Gforce anti wheel hop axles
UUC Motor mounts
LS7 Clutch & Flywheel
Lingenfelter Airbox/airfilter or Volant (if they include the 90* fitting inside the pkg to work with 06-07 cars, can someone confirm if they have exp. w/ Volant on their LS2)
275's out back once my 245's are toast
Mild cam (me and my wife drive this car daily and we have 2 kids, looking for a mild cam using the stock heads, is that a wise decision?)
TUNE!!!

Now I have some questions:
1)As far as air intake goes, should I just get the lingenfelter CAI box and cone and use the stock tube with the "wrinkles" in the stock pipe or get a Volant? I really dont know if the Volant includes the parts to make work for LS2's.
2)How good is our stock heads and is it a good idea to do a cam upgrade with stock heads? Im not looking for anything crazy, 400-420rwhp with everything and tune, and a cam package costs around $700-$800 rather than a head/cam pkg which costs $2500-$3000.

Last edited by family-man; 12-28-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by family-man
Now I have some questions:
1)As far as air intake goes, should I just get the lingenfelter CAI box and cone and use the stock tube with the "wrinkles" in the stock pipe or get a Volant? I really dont know if the Volant includes the parts to make work for LS2's.

Its really easy to modify the Volant Tube for the LS2. All you need to do is fit a fitting for the recirulation tube, or fit a breather filter over the spot under the fuel rails. Check this THREAD out.

2)How good is our stock heads and is it a good idea to do a cam upgrade with stock heads? Im not looking for anything crazy, 400-420rwhp with everything and tune, and a cam package costs around $700-$800 rather than a head/cam pkg which costs $2500-$3000.

You will be able to get into the low 400s all day with what you have listed. Then again it will all depend on the Dyno. Most guys I have seen with mild cams (this will also depends on you definition of "mild cam") are in the ~410whp/~400wtq. If you go ported 243s, or better heads, you will be in the mid 400s depeding on the cam.
And welcome to the Forum.

Quick Reply: Pics of my 2006 Black/Black V