Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Rally to the DC Auto Show.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I could cruise with you guys but Im listing my car for sale middle of next week and don't want to put the miles on it after having the front bumper and rear bumpers painted.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I wish I could cruise with you guys but Im listing my car for sale middle of next week and don't want to put the miles on it after having the front bumper and rear bumpers painted.
Plans?

I have the Maggie and cam but the v2 results are starting to take their toll. I just don't know that I ever see a v1 playing with the big boys.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

what kinda power numbers are you pulling down with those mods dr.duct?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
what kinda power numbers are you pulling down with those mods dr.duct?
I have yet to install the maggie, Just been to busy with work and building a new house, etc. Hints the thoughts of the v2. Pretty torn right now.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Plans?

I have the Maggie and cam but the v2 results are starting to take their toll. I just don't know that I ever see a v1 playing with the big boys.
I am moving on to a built c5z or c6 or a fully built fbody. I want something stupid fast now that i have a little honda to daily. I want soemthing more radical and modded so i dont have to pay for mods anymore.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds to me like someone is going the way of the turbo...lol. keep us in the loop with that one! The V is my daily but the STi is always waiting for something to play with...lol. How stupid fast you talking? like put me on the trailer and go to the track for the weekend, or wait til i get to the left lane...

I am moving on to a built c5z or c6 or a fully built fbody. I want something stupid fast now that i have a little honda to daily. I want soemthing more radical and modded so i dont have to pay for mods anymore.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds good. Ive got 4 option right now that I'm going to exercise in the next 3 years. Save money and build up the v1, or sell it and get a GTS. Options b. are sell the v1 for a v2 or a c6 zo6. All need to be modded. Lol

sounds to me like someone is going the way of the turbo...lol. keep us in the loop with that one! The V is my daily but the STi is always waiting for something to play with...lol. How stupid fast you talking? like put me on the trailer and go to the track for the weekend, or wait til i get to the left lane...
For me it's 750whp+. I have a good amount of friends in the 750+ range and a handful in the 1000whp area. Ive also got a modded zx10 that I take on mountain carving trips or to the road course. I plan to sell it with my next purchase.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

No matter how fast it is, if i cant drive it to and from the track I wont own it. Im looking for something 600+rwhp. Looking at maybe a KB owr whipple 03 cobra, turbo/built motor 2002 firehawk that made 686 on low boost and pump gas, procharged c5z, or maybe if i feel like extending my loan a C6Z.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile rally

probably 90% chance on making it down to the home depot...I can take Beltsville, but not much on the DC thing.. Ever since i got the new motor in with the CS mounts i have vibes in every gear at certain rpm's..Now it seems to have gotten much worse...the oem tranny mount looks good but maybe i might need the CS mount...When i can get it on my lift with someone looking underneath with the rear wheels spinning i might be able to find where all the vibes are coming from..As long as the V is NOT apart, vibes or no vibes i will be at the Home Depot...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Launching!

I just noticed it said 5 PM meeting time.....any reason why we are going so late? I know the show it open until 10pm. Just wondering...

Also, I won't know until the time gets closer, but I may be with Greg on this one. Don't knwo if I feel like going into DC. I've been to the auto show more times than I can't count already
Old 01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats when the meet is that we're cruising to. I can never do the Saturday daytime thing anyways because I work, Which is also the case with other people that attend (shop owners, Tuners, Blue collard guys), We all have to work Saturdays.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any updates?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

just want to check .... do you care if i bring people?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont think anyone would have issues with that unless you us to buy their tickets to get in or something...lol
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know what exactly is going on with the other group. Some are waiting for a better weather forecast to see exactly whay theyre going to do. Im still down to go regardless.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Launching!

I can't view the ISP thread from work, so someone keep updating this page.

Worst case, we all go into DC and hit up RFD
Old 01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn
I can't view the ISP thread from work, so someone keep updating this page.

Worst case, we all go into DC and hit up RFD
Exactly, Worse comes worse we go to the auto show and find something to do afterwards. If the ISP thing ends up falling though we can always meet up at a Starbucks for those who don't want to go to the show.. Just dont know if a Starbucks going down rt.4 into DC is the safest place to go lol
Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Exactly, Worse comes worse we go to the auto show and find something to do afterwards. If the ISP thing ends up falling though we can always meet up at a Starbucks for those who don't want to go to the show.. Just dont know if a Starbucks going down rt.4 into DC is the safest place to go lol
im down too regradless ..... i know there are somethings going down in baltimore
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Launching!

I'm not even sure I'll go to the Auto Show...Sounds fun, but driving into DC, trying to find somewhere to park, paying to park, then paying to get into the Auto Show....meh

I'll definately meet up with you guys, and if you all go up to ISP, I'll tag along, but I may just head back home after that, or if anyone else doesn't go to the auto show we can hit up somewhere else.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Launching!

O yea, for anyone in southern MD, theres a huge car meet on Thursdays in Dunkirk (Northern Calvert County) from about 8:30-late.

I have class 4 nights a week so I normally don't make it out there (mainly because of the young kids) but if anyone is interested in meeting up let me know. I'd love to see more V's, and less Honda's

Quick Reply: Rally to the DC Auto Show.