Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Driving from VA to OKC, gun carrying question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I'd think most who don't have a CCL just do it illegally and hidden. I believe in TX you can have it with the clip in but not in plain site without your ccl... Not sure. My bro was talking about it the other day.
In Texas you can protect your car just like your house.

"Gov. Perry also signed H.B. 1815, a bill that allows any Texas resident to carry a concealed handgun in the resident’s motor vehicle without a CHL or other permit.[211] Chapter 46, Section 2 of the Penal Code states that it is in fact not "Unlawful Carry of a Weapon" for a person to carry a weapon while in a motor vehicle they own or control, or to carry while heading directly from the person’s home to that car. However, lawful carry while in a vehicle requires these three critical qualifiers: (1) the gun must be concealed; (2) the carrier cannot be involved in criminal activities; and (3) the carrier cannot be a member of a criminal gang"
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Why is this even being discussed? There is a right to bare arms in this country right? How can there be so many law against it? Gets me confused.
haha, yea, tell that to the creators of NDAA, SOPA, Patriot Act, etc.

With that being said, look up HR 822. Hopefully it passes!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stone17
In Texas you can protect your car just like your house.

"Gov. Perry also signed H.B. 1815, a bill that allows any Texas resident to carry a concealed handgun in the resident’s motor vehicle without a CHL or other permit.[211] Chapter 46, Section 2 of the Penal Code states that it is in fact not "Unlawful Carry of a Weapon" for a person to carry a weapon while in a motor vehicle they own or control, or to carry while heading directly from the person’s home to that car. However, lawful carry while in a vehicle requires these three critical qualifiers: (1) the gun must be concealed; (2) the carrier cannot be involved in criminal activities; and (3) the carrier cannot be a member of a criminal gang"
right that's why I made the comment in TX you can carry the gun loaded in your car, but NOT in plain site. IE, center console, under seat, glove box etc. If you have your CCL you can leave it where ever.... (the way I understand it)
Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Why is this even being discussed? There is a right to bare arms in this country right? How can there be so many law against it? Gets me confused.
because everyone has elected idiots into congress and they are taking away our rights.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just because there is a right to bare arms doesn't mean everyone can do it... What part of America do you live in...lol. There are so many laws in America that bypass other laws that bypass other laws that... well... you get the idea. I always say better safe then sorry and keep the gun in the glovebox and ammo in the trunk and i have a CCW and work for the feds...lol. The only state that gives me shyt is Virginia...lol

Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

right that's why I made the comment in TX you can carry the gun loaded in your car, but NOT in plain site. IE, center console, under seat, glove box etc. If you have your CCL you can leave it where ever.... (the way I understand it)
Concealed is CONCEALED. There are no special clauses because you have a CHL.

Read up before making statements.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
http://texaschlforum.com/
Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say read before making a mistake... if you get caught with a handgun in DC its 5 years for the gun and 1 year for every bullet in the vehicle. So glad i was crossing the bridge into VA and stopped on VA side with DC cop...

Originally Posted by LAYGO
Concealed is CONCEALED. There are no special clauses because you have a CHL.

Read up before making statements.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
http://texaschlforum.com/
Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
I would say read before making a mistake... if you get caught with a handgun in DC its 5 years for the gun and 1 year for every bullet in the vehicle. So glad i was crossing the bridge into VA and stopped on VA side with DC cop...
I don't believe this is the case anymore. It used to be, but there were 2 big 2nd Amendment wins for DC & Chicago.

Always ALWAYS be informed.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

No... actually DC doesn't have anything on the books right now so the last rule is still in effect. The city council in DC hasn't updated anything yet...
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn
haha, yea, tell that to the creators of NDAA, SOPA, Patriot Act, etc.

With that being said, look up HR 822. Hopefully it passes!
I'll check that out.
because everyone has elected idiots into congress and they are taking away our rights.
This guy is right.
Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Just because there is a right to bare arms doesn't mean everyone can do it... What part of America do you live in...lol. There are so many laws in America that bypass other laws that bypass other laws that... well... you get the idea. I always say better safe then sorry and keep the gun in the glovebox and ammo in the trunk and i have a CCW and work for the feds...lol. The only state that gives me shyt is Virginia...lol
The gov needs to decide and stop ******* us around with their bs laws about everything. We are either free or not. If we're not then we have some work to do. I personally go by the constitution on this arms stuff.....it says right to bare. I can't bare if I can't carry.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks everyone for the comments. I got to OKC safe, it took about 21 hours, I tried to stop to sleep, but couldnt so I pretty much drove straight through. I did take a 35 min nap in Memphis. I was pulled over a couple miles out of Memphis TN. The cop pulled me over because he said he couldnt read my rear license plate, because of my tinted cover (pretty sure he seen my front plate when I passed him). But I had my gun in my passenger seat, I had the slide pulled back (when I put it in the car before I left), just in case I got pulled over, so the cop would be able to see it was unloaded. I had the ammo in the glove box locked. He walked up on the passenger side and as soon as he got close I let me know about the gun. He didnt even notice it at first, guess it blended in with the seat. He was cool though, he said "Nice Gun and Car". He let me know that the license plate cover was illegal in TN but since I was from VA I was ok, he ran my DL and gun and then came back and told me to have a good day. So all in all, everything worked out great. No tickets the whole way, thanks in part to my Bel STI driver. Thanks to everyone who commented it really did help me out.

Jesse
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did he even ask about the magazine and ammo ?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Yeah he asked where the ammo was, I told him locked in the glove box, he said ok thats cool.

Quick Reply: Driving from VA to OKC, gun carrying question