Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Motor Trend - CTS-V vs. S-Type R Comparo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004 | 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

The one key most people are missing is that they say it doesnt compare to European cars. Before the CTS-V we didnt even have a car to compare to European sport sedans. We should all praise GM for taking a step in the right direction even if the car isnt perfect.
Old 04-21-2004 | 12:02 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by maddboost
The one key most people are missing is that they say it doesnt compare to European cars. Before the CTS-V we didnt even have a car to compare to European sport sedans. We should all praise GM for taking a step in the right direction even if the car isnt perfect.
Well put.
Everyone keeps getting cought up with the straight line #'s when this car was clearly designed for enjoying curvy roads & from everyone I've talked to, it handles them quite nicely.
Old 04-21-2004 | 12:22 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by TriShield
In other words it's not a real world test of the car's performance as buyers experience in everyday driving. The nurse the best time out of it.

BMW has never done that to extract better real world performance with any of their M cars, nor Audi S cars or Mercedes AMG models.
Are you going to tell me that all of those testing facilities that BMW uses to design their cars are just the same as a "real world test?" I guess people go to work on race tracks over in Europe.
Old 04-21-2004 | 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Since I haven't really read up on the CTS-V, I am guessing it does not use the magnetic shocks?? Correct?? It would be interesting, if it doesn't, to see Cadillac put those shocks in the CTS-V next year and do a little programming. I bet they could reduce the wheel hop using those shocks and maintain the current performance level in the twisties.

Todd
Old 04-21-2004 | 10:34 PM
Launching!

I believe the CTS V series smoked all the so called better european sedans like the M5 and the E55 around the Nuruenburg Ring Race track (sp)

I'd take a CTS V series over any of these other european cars in the marketplace..

Would prefer to have the cTS v Series with a dual clutch sequential shift technology like the upcoming 500hp V10 M5. ...

Just my opinion..
Old 04-21-2004 | 11:12 PM
10-Second Club

I'd take the CTS-V simply because I could work on it & put a cam in it & it wouldn't cost me $10,000 for an exhaust system like on some snooty Eurotrashmobile....ok...the E55 is pimp but I'd still rather have the Cadi.