Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04 CTS-V Warning Message Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 CTS-V Warning Message Help

I recently replaced my rear bushing on my 04 cts-v w/77,000miles, 2 days later my "Service Vehicle Soon" message came on my screen. I checked all the fluids and everything is good. No DTC codes came up either.
could it be i need to change my axle fluid level?
Any ideas on what else i should check?
I need to figure this out before the wknd, as she is going to the track!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Honestly, I don't know for sure, but it almost sounds like a dummy message. Is it a message that is meant to be reset after the service is done, but doesn't actually warn you of any real problems? Kinda like the oil change light on Fbodies...it only comes on after a set amount of mileage accrued, it is not analyzing the oil to tell you to change it..

Like I said, I do not know for sure, but that is my .02 since you said no DTCs came up.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Teching In

i'm beginning to think it was a dummy message also, as it has not come on again. The day the message came on the car shifted harder than normal. I'm reaching the mileage (77,000mi) where things start to need replacing. Just wanna stay on top of it. Gotta take care of my baby
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Juat change the fluid out. I did it last week and think im going to do it every 6 months from now on, ESPECIALLY since our differentials are known to have problems and it was only about $45 for all the fluids. MAKE SURE once you completed the diff fluid change, you go to a empty parking lot, and do some lock to lock turns (figure 8) about 10-20 times to soak up the clutch packs. Also, do not forget the add the Limited slip additive with the 1st fill "batch" of oil you put in.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...ube/index.html
Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

yea, the pinion support I had on my diff broke back in March and I had to replace my diff.. I was not a happy camper considering it was the manufacturer's fault.
I will change out that fluid-appreciate the help!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine still comes on! When I had my mechanic run the codes it came back as a seat error code... yes, my driver side seats a lil broke in the back facing the passenger seat... not a big deal for me as I plan on switching out to black interior one day...

Quick Reply: 04 CTS-V Warning Message Help